The Student Room Group

Is it racist if you won't date some races?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
it's Fact lad

Look at him trying to pitifully rationalize his racism.
Yes.

While a preference is fine, to rule out an entire race (as attraction is based on a lot more than looks) is racist whether you mean it that way or not as chances are that bias has come from growing up in a society where European standards of beauty are held as superior.
Reply 62
Original post by jedanselemyia
Your preferences are your preferences, but the whole "i want my kids to look like me" thing is weird imo but maybe that's just because I'm mixed myself

what's your mix? I am too although mainly white really
Original post by Mr Smurf
It isn't as I don't even like girls of my own race (Oriental). All the girls I find attractive are white. However white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:

For **** sake :rofl:

I always come across this post every so often. XD

Might need to hit the ignore list :colonhash:
it's Fact lad

Sexuality is fluid and many people can't tell for sure whether they are indeed gay or not.

But worst of all is this entitlement culture. To say this is racist is just shaming people into sleeping with certain races. No-one is entitled to sleep with anyone.
Original post by rat poison
Look at him trying to pitifully rationalize his racism.

I sleep with all races but only one gender so far (have slept with a pre-op transman). I'm just admitting to my sexism.
Reply 66
If that's racist then you can argue that not wanting to date fat people / stupid people / disabled people / people or certain religion etc is also a discrimination.
Original post by Bealzibub
I appreciate beauty of all races and I don't think any lesser of them outside of the dating field but I'm not attracted to some races of women. I want my kids to look similar to me and it feels like an instinctive thing, I can't help it. If I had kids with someone who had more dominant genes than me, It would feel like the end of my genes

This is racist by definition I think, but is it okay to do so in the dating field?
If you are not attracted to a person, you cannot have a satisfactory physical relationship with her/him
Surely it depends on why you won't date certain races. If it is because you are not attracted to the look of a particular race then it isn't racist. If it is because you have a hatred or dislike to a particular race then you are being racist. At the end of the day I don't think it matters because no one suffers from it. I mean if you disliked a certain race, someone from that race wouldn't want to date you anyway, right?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
How if my reason was not what kind of appearance my husband I am attracted to, but rather, the size of his genitals?

There's no links between the size of genitals and race.
Original post by Nottie
If that's racist then you can argue that not wanting to date fat people / stupid people / disabled people / people or certain religion etc is also a discrimination.

fat shaming

elitist

abelist

islamophobic
Original post by hilrho
what's your mix? I am too although mainly white really

Half black and half white with a bit of arab :h:
Original post by Nothereforthat
Yes it's racist. It assumes all people of one race are the same. Disliking oranges is a preference because they're all the same, finding black women unattractive is racist because they're not all the same.
nonsense

you don't decide who you find attractive and who you don't

you are attracted or not. Full stop.
Reply 73
It's not racist.

I would date all races but I want my children to look like my own ethnicity.
Attraction is controlled by society. this racist society has bolstered who they think are beautiful (whites) and denigrated the "ugly" races. the powers that be control your attraction not you

Actually if you look at online dating studies you'll see that black men do relatively well while the same is true for Asian women. It has to do with physical attractiveness, testosterone levels and so on.
Homosexuality is innate. you are biologically not attracted women. attraction in terms of race is determined by society. the reason youre not into black girls is because society tells you they're ugly (indirectly and at times directly)

Race is innate. We have far more evidence of average genetic racial differences than we do for the idea that homosexuality is innate.

Black women are considered on average one of the least attractive races because they have high testosterone compared to women of other races and they find it hard to grow their hair out in the same way. Obviously we are talking about averages here as there are plenty of attractive black women such as Beyonce or Rihanna etc.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Race is innate. We have far more evidence of average genetic racial differences than we do for the idea that homosexuality is innate.

Black women are considered on average one of the least attractive races because they have high testosterone compared to women of other races and they find it hard to grow their hair out in the same way. Obviously we are talking about averages here as there are plenty of attractive black women such as Beyonce or Rihanna etc.

because muslims
Original post by Little Toy Gun
There's no links between the size of genitals and race.
http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3073

Ghana says no...
Original post by jedanselemyia
Half black and half white with a bit of arab :h:
Sounds like a good blend for coffee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending