The Student Room Group

If war broke out between Russia and China would win?

Scroll to see replies

Neither both would be destroyed by nukes and if they weren't used China would easily win

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Neither both would be destroyed by nukes and if they weren't used China would easily win

Posted from TSR Mobile

If nuclear weapons are used there's little hope for the other countries never mind China & Russia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
China have more allies so I'm going with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, they are more likely to unite and go into war with the USA and UK:biggrin:
'If war broke out between Russia and China would win?'

Sorry I do not understand the premise of your question. Could you kindly elaborate :tongue:
USA.
Original post by ~Seraphina~
'If war broke out between Russia and China would win?'

Sorry I do not understand the premise of your question. Could you kindly elaborate :tongue:

Who would come out victorious in an all out warfare. Question is self explanatory

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who would come out victorious in an all out warfare. Question is self explanatory
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am against all forms of violence and so war is not an option for me. tens of thousands of people have died for no reason because of my country's and England's joint intervention in unnecessary foreign wars. Hasn't history taught us what we should now avoid and prevent from happening in the future?
Reply 27
Russia, they have bombs
China own the USA financially - just make them do the dirty work.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
USA.

Just like World War 2 eh!
Original post by Joseph.S
With the power of reading, you quickly amass the knowledge, especially how not to repeat the mistakes of others.

Is this a strategy game reference>?
Reply 31
Russia. They have the experience and many Chinese weapons systems are based on russian tech. If Russia could get its navy in order they could easily crippled China as it is so easy to blockade

I'm not convinced that population trumps tech and training. Otherwise China would have won the Korean war, Russia the first world war, Iran the Iran Iraq war, ect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a noble chance
Who would've guessed that Sun Tzu and the Dalai Lama are both on TSR

Very funny...
China have more allies so I'm going with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Modern warfare is won in the sea and air these days so having a massive army is less important and we're assuming no nukes here..

China wins though.

1) If war breaks out without warning then initially they are fairly well matched in the sea and air (possible edge to China but the Russians have much more recent experience) however because of the tax revenues available to China, if they last long enough to divert funds and build then they'd crush Russia once the new fleets were built (Russia simply can't draw upon the purchasing power or domestic production to win in the long term - it's the same reason why Europe would always crush Russia in a war that lasts 2-3 years, their purchasing power is so much greater).

2) If there's a few years notice for both to rearm then the Chinese fleets will be so large that Russia would not last a year (the same applies if the EU and Russia ever went to war with a few years to rearm)

Moral of the story, money speaks.
Original post by Aj12
Russia. They have the experience and many Chinese weapons systems are based on russian tech. If Russia could get its navy in order they could easily crippled China as it is so easy to blockade

I'm not convinced that population trumps tech and training. Otherwise China would have won the Korean war, Russia the first world war, Iran the Iran Iraq war, ect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you match that with the potential defense spending available to China over Russia. If the war lasts 2-3 years then China will have so many ships and planes built that Russia would be swamped.

That said it's not a bad scenario if it doesn't spread for the west. China would spread but a rump Russia remaining would be too weak to ever threaten Europe and we'd still have a buffer if the Chinese ever got greedy.
Reply 35
Original post by jamesthecarpet
Russia?! China literally has 10x the number of people as Russia does

Russia has 10x more nukes.
Reply 36
Original post by Rakas21
How do you match that with the potential defense spending available to China over Russia. If the war lasts 2-3 years then China will have so many ships and planes built that Russia would be swamped.

That said it's not a bad scenario if it doesn't spread for the west. China would spread but a rump Russia remaining would be too weak to ever threaten Europe and we'd still have a buffer if the Chinese ever got greedy.

China would massively need oil and raw materials to wage a long war; most of these come from Russia...
Original post by Josb
China would massively need oil and raw materials to wage a long war; most of these come from Russia...

That's true and would likely lead to the war spreading.
Reply 38
Original post by Rakas21

Good point had not considered it that way.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending