The Student Room Group

I like a guy who I hang out in a group with, should I text him?

Got each other's numbers/whatsapp about 2-3 weeks ago but we don't text each other but we see each other fairly regularly within our friendship circle. I'm quite new to the the circle been there maybe about 6 weeks I really get on with people but of course I'm not close to anyone yet. I think he may be attracted to me but he's quite shy and unassuming and has never dated before.

My question was a) if he hasn't ever texted me does that mean he is not or never will be interested?

b) should I text him to say hi and get a bit of a conversation going? I'm scared of looking too keen or too random!

Send him a picture of your tits, works every time.
Reply 2
a) Well since you say he is shy it does not mean he is not interested because he is not hitting up your phone. Of course it would be a lot easier to tell if he liked you if he did actually text/call you. It sounds like you are quite early into the friendship so you need to have some sort of text ice breaking and get to the point where texting becomes a part of your friendship. I don't think with any of my friends male or female I started texting regularly early on.

b) Starting a text conversation out of the blue is always a tricky one especially if you've never spoken by text before. If this is too difficult I would recommend that when you next see him mention something like a funny video, a useful website etc. and tell him you will text him a link to it. Do this later when you have left (not there and then) and pair with some sort of question to get the texting going.
Original post by Anonymous

My question was a) if he hasn't ever texted me does that mean he is not or never will be interested?

b) should I text him to say hi and get a bit of a conversation going? I'm scared of looking too keen or too random!

It could be that neither of the things in a) are true. Unless there's something seriously offputting about you I can't see why he would never be interested in you, and maybe he doesn't know what to say or do.

Maybe use something that happened when your group meets up as a conversation starter, or say 'Hi, we haven't talked that much :colondollar: whatsapp?'
Original post by finndnhaynes

No every guy is crazy about boobs.
Reply 5
Original post by finndnhaynes

But I want to actually date him not just have sex with him.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
It could be that neither of the things in a) are true. Unless there's something seriously offputting about you I can't see why he would never be interested in you, and maybe he doesn't know what to say or do.

Maybe use something that happened when your group meets up as a conversation starter, or say 'Hi, we haven't talked that much :colondollar: whatsapp?'

Thank you :smile: I hope you are right! I like your suggestion :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by jazjaz
a) Well since you say he is shy it does not mean he is not interested because he is not hitting up your phone. Of course it would be a lot easier to tell if he liked you if he did actually text/call you. It sounds like you are quite early into the friendship so you need to have some sort of text ice breaking and get to the point where texting becomes a part of your friendship. I don't think with any of my friends male or female I started texting regularly early on.

b) Starting a text conversation out of the blue is always a tricky one especially if you've never spoken by text before. If this is too difficult I would recommend that when you next see him mention something like a funny video, a useful website etc. and tell him you will text him a link to it. Do this later when you have left (not there and then) and pair with some sort of question to get the texting going.

Yes I would definitely like to break the ice a bit rather than just text out of the blue. Those are some really good ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending