The Student Room Group

24 year old celebrity, 16 year old girl ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bassbabe
Not accusing you of lying but something isn't adding up here:s-smilie:

If there's some parts of the story you don't understand or need me to clarify just ask and I'll clear them up for you !
Original post by z33
no no no no omg i'm not saying that's who he is

i'm saying it could be that it's another case of a super famous idol abusing their position to take advantage of young impressionable fans

just like the sam pepper allegations, veeoneye, alex etc...

idk i'd go with someone like an older guy friend if you were really desperate to meet up with them

idk it just seems hella dodgy to me but whatever, live your life init - just be safe

however if they're 24 and you're 16, you would've been 10 when they were 18...

just let that sink in - it's quite a big gap

but then when they're 60 you'd be 52 so it doesn't seem that big then but it's almost a decade!

but it would be cool to be friends with them if a relationship doesn't happen but BE SAFE PLZ

good luck :biggrin:

I wasn't actually a fan of him before he messaged me, I'm not really a fan now tbh either he's just a nice guy so it's not really the OMG HES FAMOUS AND LIKES ME I WANT TO SLEEP WITH HIM. He didn't know how old I was until I told him which actually put him off at first, but we carried on talking as friends and feelings developed. When I do go to see him I am going with a friend,even if I do know that it's actually him. I'm going to take precautions just in case.
Your IQ and maturity doesn't have a positive linear relationship, I hope you realize that.
Are you positive it's him I mean it may be and old fat man pretending be carful bring a friend with you if you must meat him. Can he not meet you here in the uk
Original post by katef895
Having read this obviously your age gap is an issue at the moment as you're under-age, but you do seem pretty mature for a 16 year old and you acknowledge the law and the implications some situations could have.

Also, everyone saying that you're trolling or lying, this is an anonymous forum no one knows or will know who this girl is or the celebrity in question, so why would she waste her time just making this all up, there is no logical sense to do so!?

In this day and age social media worryingly plays a big part in many people's lives and there are many disadvantages. But one of the positives I believe is that celebrities and idols do communicate with the public and in your case these things do happen. (*I also have witnessed this happen wasn't me unfortunately aha! :frown:) Think people forget many celebs do actually enjoy meeting normal people, there is probably a reason they contacted you whether it's down to your beauty or you probably didn't bombard them and harass them either when they made contact, but actually struck up a normal conversation.

I say, enjoy it. You've found someone this young you like, be wary of the age gap but like you said you're both aware of the implications right now so why not get to know each other first and see in years to come you may then be in a position to have a relationship.

Good luck and would be chuffed to be in your position!!! xx

p.s would cry if it is H Styles ahhha

Exactly ! Thank you for understanding. If I really was trolling I could easily have put my Instagram name and then got a couple more followers and a load of attention, but I don't want that. Just wanted advice!
I think people don't realise that most celebs don't have the luxury of being able to walk around on a day out and seeing a girl they find attractive. They're sort of closed in being with their "own kind". So obviously if they see a picture of a girl they're really attracted to on their phone they're going to take the chance and message them. Like I keep saying, every girl justin bieber has dated he found on Instagram. From Ashley Moore to the most recent one who's English Jayde Pierce. He dm'd her, he flew her out to LA to stay with him. He came to the UK for her and then they both went to bora bora with floyd mayweather.

I am confused and worried about this but I don't want to give it a try and figure it out first.

Thank you ! Xx
Original post by New- Emperor
Are you positive it's him I mean it may be and old fat man pretending be carful bring a friend with you if you must meat him. Can he not meet you here in the uk

100000% certain. I was sent a message off of his verified Instagram with well over a million followers, he added me on his snapchat, we have video chatted a lot (facetime) and spoke on the phone. Plus he's snap chatted me from events, so I know it's him for sure.
Original post by New- Emperor

He's coming over here soon and that's when we'll meet properly, then later on next year I should be flying over
All these comments about him being predatory don't really make sense as I don't look young, neither did he know how old I was when he first messaged me. Also, am I right to think it's not actually illegal in the UK but actually just illegal in the US ? As one of the girls I went to school with is 16 and pregnant with a 35 year olds baby ? And they're planning to be married. I'm not planning to sleep with him or anything like that, just wondering what the legal stance is on this as I know the legal age here is 16, but in America it's 16/17 but an 18 year old can't be with someone younger than them
Original post by thefithliar
He's coming over here soon and that's when we'll meet properly, then later on next year I should be flying over
Take a selfie when you meet him I want to see the happy couple! <333
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Take a selfie when you meet him I want to see the happy couple! <333

I will but I'll definitely have to blur out his face and mine A LOT before I do, or hopefully make us an unrecognisable as possible.
I will but I'll definitely have to blur out his face and mine A LOT before I do, or hopefully make us an unrecognisable as possible.
The how would we see your smiles and know that both of you are happy?
All these comments about him being predatory don't really make sense as I don't look young, neither did he know how old I was when he first messaged me. Also, am I right to think it's not actually illegal in the UK but actually just illegal in the US ? As one of the girls I went to school with is 16 and pregnant with a 35 year olds baby ? And they're planning to be married. I'm not planning to sleep with him or anything like that, just wondering what the legal stance is on this as I know the legal age here is 16, but in America it's 16/17 but an 18 year old can't be with someone younger than them

Legally speaking in the UK it depends on the older ones profession. If they're in a position of responsibility (I can only speculate that celebs fall under this) it's illegal until you're 18.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a bit weird tbh, i question the motives of any 24 year old who would wants to go out with a 16 year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep I definitely understand that, which is why posted the question. He is interested in a relationship with me but isn't interested in anything sexual right now (he's very busy,I'm 16 & he lives across the world). Yes there is a possibility for it develop into something sexual in the next few years or when I'm 17/18 but right now he isn't bothered about that.

I totally understand where you're coming from though. Why would he go for a girl he can't legally be with instead of a girl he can sleep with whenever he wants and not get into trouble for it. I guess we just have a really good connection that goes past that. He isn't very mature himself for his age so that may be something to consider.

Thinking ahead. Youl still be young and attractive when hes getting old lol
So. I'm the type of girl who looks older than my age, I'm 16 nearly 17 but can pass for 18/19 ( I don't try before anyone makes a comment on that) and my dm's on Instagram are typically a giant sausage fest. Recently I put my snapchat in my bio as I don't have that many friends and just wanted to make more. I'd decided to check my DM's and I'd saw I had a few dm's from people I hadn't really expected on there. Two very high profile celebrity males, one Disney/Nickelodeon actor and a "instgram famous" high fashion model. I opened and responded to them and they all seemed like pretty nice people so I added them on snapchst and they added me back. I am now good friends with 3 of them but one of them in particular is a very famous 24 year old who I was shocked to have made a connection with. We both spoke everyday despite the time difference of them living in the US and it went on for a few months before we both realised we had a connection. First off, they didn't realise I was 16 until they asked when we started talking. They were put off by this but were happy to be friends and talk like normal until feelings developed and this all changed. Now things have progressed they're planning to fly over to the UK to meet me and just spend some time together until I eventually fly over to him next year. They have stated many times that they want to start a relationship but I don't know whether that would cause problems for them in the future.

I am very mature ( as mature as a 16 year old can be ), I'm very intelligent and have been tested for that and have always been a lot more mature than most people my age. I understand how this can be conceived as wrong or for me to be an "easy lay" but if you think about it, this person could risk their whole career if it came out that we were in a relationship as I'm so young.

Really, I'm just asking for everyone's opinions on this topic. Ask me questions if you want more info :smile:

Ever heard of the phrase catfish???
Original post by LiquidGold
It's a bit weird tbh, i question the motives of any 24 year old who would wants to go out with a 16 year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe it's because she's really good at using instagram filters?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Maybe it's because she's really good at using instagram filters?

Why do you have to assume I use Instagram filters to look good ? I use them to a normal extent😂 Why always having to drag someone down ?
Original post by redferry
Ever heard of the phrase catfish???

Did you read any of the thread ? Not really a catfish if I've FaceTimed,snapchatted and spoke to him on the phone. I know it's him, clearly I wouldn't post this on here if I wasn't sure it was him.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Thinking ahead. Youl still be young and attractive when hes getting old lol

Luckily I don't mind older men, I'd date Mads Mikellsen if I could aha
Reply 119
Someone had to have pointed this out.

It will most likely not last long and whether you have a connection or not
just know celebs aren't know for long lasting relationships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending