The Student Room Group

Is it racist if you won't date some races?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Toy Gun
fat shaming

elitist

abelist

islamophobic
#completelyshameless
Original post by Bealzibub
I appreciate beauty of all races and I don't think any lesser of them outside of the dating field but I'm not attracted to some races of women. I want my kids to look similar to me and it feels like an instinctive thing, I can't help it. If I had kids with someone who had more dominant genes than me, It would feel like the end of my genes

This is racist by definition I think, but is it okay to do so in the dating field?

This is a non question. Why on earth would you even consider this for more than five seconds?
Original post by Mr Smurf
It isn't as I don't even like girls of my own race (Oriental). All the girls I find attractive are white. However white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:

Ffs :lol:

Must you declare this continuously in absolutely every thread to do with racial preference?
Original post by Nottie
If that's racist then you can argue that not wanting to date fat people / stupid people / disabled people / people or certain religion etc is also a discrimination.

It is though
There's a difference between having preferences and completely ruling certain races out of the picture... Seems racist to me.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Sounds like a good blend for coffee.

:colondollar:
:h: thanks x
No. That's like saying gay people are sexist.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Sexuality is fluid and many people can't tell for sure whether they are indeed gay or not.

But worst of all is this entitlement culture. To say this is racist is just shaming people into sleeping with certain races. No-one is entitled to sleep with anyone.

sexuality may be fluid for some but for a lot of people its set in their biology. no one is saying you have to **** every race, but if you say you'd never **** [insert race] that is racist because you're saying something is wrong with that race
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Actually if you look at online dating studies you'll see that black men do relatively well while the same is true for Asian women. It has to do with physical attractiveness, testosterone levels and so on.

What's your point? men, generally, like women. that's biology. however what women they prefer is determined by society. if you downright cannot be down to **** [insert race] it's because your society and your upbringing have told you that that race is wrong/inferior, ergo racism
Reply 89
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Race is innate. We have far more evidence of average genetic racial differences than we do for the idea that homosexuality is innate.

Black women are considered on average one of the least attractive races because they have high testosterone compared to women of other races and they find it hard to grow their hair out in the same way. Obviously we are talking about averages here as there are plenty of attractive black women such as Beyonce or Rihanna etc.

what kind of bull **** is this

Race is a social construct. there may be differences between us but the characteristics that differ do not result in a world where white men are naturally unattracted to to black women. they have been taught to. the reason they dont like black women is because of colonialism slavery and institutional racism.

who told you we find it hard to grow our hair you Pos?

man this is some typical TSR racism
If you don't date someone, that is totally a matter of preference;If someone mentions that I will never date people of certain races, no matter how the individual is, that is racist.I do have preference, but I won't claim that I don't date ppl of certain races.- from someone of an ethnic minority
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
sexuality may be fluid for some but for a lot of people its set in their biology. no one is saying you have to **** every race, but if you say you'd never **** [insert race] that is racist because you're saying something is wrong with that race

There's nothing 'wrong' with not being sexually appealing to someone.

See? The entitlement culture. Whilst concept of physical attractiveness is largely shaped by the society and everyone would have a different taste, it's obvious that there are general standards of beauty.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
#completelyshameless

Look at all these African kids. They're so dark they don't need sunscreen. But not everyone is as likely as they are.

Breaking: This entirely representative and accurate study of GLOBAL penis sizes conducted by a nobody has just gotten a Chinese person with a 25cm penis.

Oh wait, North Korea has just gotten a 30cm one!

Poor Congo. They've just gotten a 5cm.
There are some really odd threads on TSR, like asking how should you think??.. I mean why?
Just have what preferences of who you're attracted tp you want, whether you are racist or not is entirely unrelated, and why do you need to pre-emptively establish who you will date?

Am I the only one to find threads like this very strange? You could literally graft a thousand of these into one thread.
Reply 96
Not being attracted to certain races: that's fine, you can't help what you're attracted to (although I wouldn't rule anything out).

Not wanting to 'mix' with other races because your children wouldn't look like you: that's racist.
Reply 97
Original post by Mr Smurf
It isn't as I don't even like girls of my own race (Oriental). All the girls I find attractive are white. However white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:

Is this your catch-phrase? :lol:
Reply 98
Original post by kristen2
It is though

It's not. It's called having a preference. It's like if you don't eat mushrooms because you don't like the taste of it.

You can't find everyone attractive...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ffs :lol:

Must you declare this continuously in absolutely every thread to do with racial preference?

Until white girls start liking Oriental guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending