The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Extended project qualification

Does anyone know if Bournemouth uni accept EPQ? (I'm applying for midwifery)
Have searched their website up and down and can't find anything!
Original post by iamabbie97
Does anyone know if Bournemouth uni accept EPQ? (I'm applying for midwifery)
Have searched their website up and down and can't find anything!

Hello,

For subjects like Midwifery, we do tend to prefer 3 A-levels or equivalent, but might consider the EPQ. If you already have it then it's certainly worth putting on your application. The required subject (biology/human biology) definitely needs to be from the A-level or equivalent though, and can't be from the EPQ. I hope that answers your question and best of luck with your application! Is there anything else you'd like to know?

Katie
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Bournemouth University
Hello,

For subjects like Midwifery, we do tend to prefer 3 A-levels or equivalent, but might consider the EPQ. If you already have it then it's certainly worth putting on your application. The required subject (biology/human biology) definitely needs to be from the A-level or equivalent though, and can't be from the EPQ. I hope that answers your question and best of luck with your application! Is there anything else you'd like to know?

Katie

Thank you :smile:

I am currently doing EPQ targeted an A, and targeted 3 Bs in my other subjects, which would get me 360 tariff points, but without only 300 so EPQ is very vital towards my application

I am currently doing EPQ targeted an A, and targeted 3 Bs in my other subjects, which would get me 360 tariff points, but without only 300 so EPQ is very vital towards my application

Well best of luck with your application. Are you coming along to meet us at an Open Day?

Katie
Reply 4

Midwifery is quite hard to get into; UCAS Points do not really matter in this case. My sister has 500 UCAS Points and applied to Midwifery elsewhere but got rejected due to lack of experience. Just make sure you have some experience before applying otherwise you may be rejected :frown:

I wish you all the best!
Reply 5
Original post by Bournemouth University
Well best of luck with your application. Are you coming along to meet us at an Open Day?

Katie

Sadly I've been away every time there has been an open day, I would have loved to though as this is my first choice!
Reply 6
Original post by Mionix
Midwifery is quite hard to get into; UCAS Points do not really matter in this case. My sister has 500 UCAS Points and applied to Midwifery elsewhere but got rejected due to lack of experience. Just make sure you have some experience before applying otherwise you may be rejected :frown:

I wish you all the best!

But I'm worried they may not even look or consider me because of my UCAS points :frown: I have tons of experience, it's just the academic side of things, and just missing out on the grades :frown:
But I'm worried they may not even look or consider me because of my UCAS points :frown: I have tons of experience, it's just the academic side of things, and just missing out on the grades :frown:

Hi,

If you're worried, the best thing might be to drop an email to [email protected] with the grades you're expecting and what your concerns are. They'll very helpful and should be able to give you a good idea of whether or not you'd be considered and put your mind at rest!

Katie
Hi iamabbie97,

I'm Chris and I am in my second year studying Marketing Communications at BU.

I did the EPQ and I wrote a bit about it in my personal statement for UCAS, at the time I wasn't being predicted high enough grades to reach the amount of points BU wanted. The EPQ involves a load of work, research, planning, motivation, dedication etc. and so if I were you I would put a big section about it in the personal statement and how you think it has prepared you for university studies. You can also write about how you did presentations and dissertations (if you did do those).

Hope this has helped and remember don't worry!! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chris :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending