The Student Room Group

If someone is resentful towards you for no reason...

When I was in year 7-9, I met a girl that HATED me for no apparently reason. She would cut her eye at me, say rude comments about me and generally have some sort of resentment/attitude towards me, and the thing is, I didn't do ANYTHING to her. She just didn't like me. I guess from year 10-11 she started to 'Not mind me', but she occasionally used to have a little bitterness towards me. I had a close friend at the time and she liked me her perfectly fine... but not me?

What's a reason for someone to not like you If you never did anything to them?
It's called haters. Just how life is. Some people will dislike you for being better than they are or out of envy
Reply 2
There will be people that will either hate you or like you. That's life. Just have to come to terms with it.
Original post by loveleest

It's called bullying. You just need to bash their head into a wall hard enough.
Jealousy or hating for the sake of hating, to feel superior to others.

Don't let them get to you otherwise they'd have won.
Reply 5
Maybe she fancied you for ages before but because you never paid attention to her she now hates your guts. Just a theory :tongue:
Reply 6
I heard someone give this advice once.

Every time someone says something bad, or does something bad directed towards you, just smile and complement them.

It's an unnatural concept, but don't hate the haters. Show them that they have nothing to hate.

:cube:
Reply 7
Original post by jazjaz
Maybe she fancied you for ages before but because you never paid attention to her she now hates your guts. Just a theory :tongue:

I doubt that lool, I'm a girl myself
Original post by CoolCavy
just try to ignore them and stick your love glasses on :s-smilie::h:
These are far better: http://www.trixiemattel.com/product/hateblockers/
Reply 9
I doubt that lool, I'm a girl myself

Oh sorry I assumed you were a guy as this is in the relationship section. Maybe she is just mean or jealous of you.
Ignore her, bullies just want attention, if she does say something to you, just ask her what her problem is
Reply 11
I think it might be because some people feel envious ... so they despise themselves and see in others the things they couldn't achieve .... I always found it very weird .. but that's the way some people live by comparing themselves to others ....
I went to school with a girl like her. She was in my social group in year 7, then one day she apparently said she didn't like me and wanted my now best friend to pick between us. My friend picked me and we didn't speak to the girl for almost 4 years. One day out of nowhere the girls friend somehow forced her to talk to us. I didn't actually remember this story until my friend reminded me last year, I thought we just stopped talking. I had no idea the girl didn't like me, either way I didn't care lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Or (mis)interpret your conduct as demonstrative of pride/vanity. Sometimes it's as well to humbly correct these impressions, other times it is simply their problem

Nothing to correct,I have always shown respect to those who show respect back,I don't care much about haters,it's a wasted energy and they're irrelevant :smile:
Some people won't like you for whatever reason, it can't be helped. Just ignore it and live your life.
Haters. All haters are upset with themselves and therefore need to bring other people down for satisfaction.

There's a lot of haters on TSR - especially some of the girls.
When I was in year 7-9, I met a girl that HATED me for no apparently reason. She would cut her eye at me, say rude comments about me and generally have some sort of resentment/attitude towards me, and the thing is, I didn't do ANYTHING to her. She just didn't like me. I guess from year 10-11 she started to 'Not mind me', but she occasionally used to have a little bitterness towards me. I had a close friend at the time and she liked me her perfectly fine... but not me?

Worst thing is when your friend starts to hate you for no reason... this is what I've just had recently. I mean, if she doesnt mean anything to you it doesnt matter does it? Its called J.E.A.L.O.U.S love :biggrin:
oh yh, man i really need to learn to check the date before replying lol. its like youtube recommendations, all over the place :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending