The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

For Warwick, how much detail does the form need? I volunteered on an ad-hoc basis (ie, whatever day/time, rather than on a rota) for a couple of hours a week over 2 years, so I easily have 70+ hours, but I didn't keep specific records of when I went in.
Another voluntary thing was just a group of students, so I wouldn't have a clue who to give as a reference for that.

(edit: I haven't got the form, this is just speculative!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexdaman93
For Warwick, how much detail does the form need? I volunteered on an ad-hoc basis (ie, whatever day/time, rather than on a rota) for a couple of hours a week over 2 years, so I easily have 70+ hours, but I didn't keep specific records of when I went in.
Another voluntary thing was just a group of students, so I wouldn't have a clue who to give as a reference for that.

Have you already received/started filling in the work experience form? I haven't even had a confirmation email from Warwick yet..
Original post by sampowell92
Have you already received/started filling in the work experience form? I haven't even had a confirmation email from Warwick yet..

No, sorry my post was a little misleading. It was just a general question, as I believe there will be one to fill in before interview?

Also I didn't receive a confirmation email either.
(edited 8 years ago)
I still haven't heard from Warwick or George's. Should I be worried?
Original post by Samodude11
I still haven't heard from Warwick or George's. Should I be worried?

Nope, I also haven't heard from either.
Reply 3065
Just got another acknowledgment email from Newcastle:

"We make every effort to process all applications as soon as possible, but please bear in mind that we have received approximately 3,600 applications for 343 places. Interviews will be held between mid-November 2015 and late February 2016 and candidates we wish to interview will receive an interview notification email to allow them to book their interview date and time."

3600?! Woww.
Original post by ZKay
Just got another acknowledgment email from Newcastle:

"We make every effort to process all applications as soon as possible, but please bear in mind that we have received approximately 3,600 applications for 343 places. Interviews will be held between mid-November 2015 and late February 2016 and candidates we wish to interview will receive an interview notification email to allow them to book their interview date and time."

3600?! Woww.

I just got that email too! Those numbers are terrifying, although I guess 1 in 10 isn't TOO horrendous...
Sorry to double post, but...
I emailed after the acknowledgement email from Newcastle to ask if A101 interviews were within this entire time period, and got this back

"Thank you for your email.
A101 interviews will be held on 11, 12, 13 January 2016 and 24 and 26 February 2016."

Eeeek - one of those dates is my birthday!! "
Just got a confirmation from St George's that was the last one I was waiting for, so it all seems very real now.
Original post by Natha_Lite
Just got a confirmation from St George's that was the last one I was waiting for, so it all seems very real now.

Congratulations and good luck with your application, the waiting is so awful isn't it?!
Original post by LilithSternin
Congratulations and good luck with your application, the waiting is so awful isn't it?!

Thanks! Have you heard back from all your choices?

Absolutely! I'm trying to keep focused on getting through 3rd year with a 1st or high 2:1 so that's helping but it's still pretty nerve racking
Sorry to double post, but...
I emailed after the acknowledgement email from Newcastle to ask if A101 interviews were within this entire time period, and got this back

"Thank you for your email.
A101 interviews will be held on 11, 12, 13 January 2016 and 24 and 26 February 2016."

Eeeek - one of those dates is my birthday!! "

One of those dates is my graduation :s we get to choose our interview day though dont we
Original post by HanaGEM
One of those dates is my graduation :s we get to choose our interview day though dont we

Oh no! I think so yes, I'm sure with 5 interview days it should be fine for the two not to clash.
Hey guys, I don't think Warwick are sending out confirmations this year, but if you email them they should give you your application ID. Just going on what happened in the Warwick threads. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LostInYourMusic
Hey guys, I don't think Warwick are sending out confirmations this year, but if you email them they should give you your application ID. Just going on what happened in the Warwick threads. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I shall patiently await decisions for interview then ...
A few days (or weeks ago) I read here someone saying that they know the (at least probable) interview dates for Barts. Does anyone know them? And also, will Barts share their selection centre with Warwick as they did in previous years but not in 2014?
Also, when are King's interviews? I seem to remember the same person who stated some dates for Barts mentioned that King's interviews around the 8th of January, but they mentioned at least two dates.
I only know it for Warwick, their selection centre is 6-9 January.

All for GEM courses!

Thanks! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
A few days (or weeks ago) I read here someone saying that they know the (at least probable) interview dates for Barts. Does anyone know them? And also, will Barts share their selection centre with Warwick as they did in previous years but not in 2014?
Also, when are King's interviews? I seem to remember the same person who stated some dates for Barts mentioned that King's interviews around the 8th of January, but they mentioned at least two dates.
I only know it for Warwick, their selection centre is 6-9 January.

All for GEM courses!

Thanks! :smile:

I called Bart's maybe two weeks ago and they said interview dates were the 19th-22nd of January. They no longer hold the interviews with Warwick, and Warwicks interview dates are 6-9th of Januray I believe. King's say on their website early January, and going by last years thread that's around 10/11th and probably the dates around then as well :-)
Original post by Jodieee2994
I called Bart's maybe two weeks ago and they said interview dates were the 19th-22nd of January. They no longer hold the interviews with Warwick, and Warwicks interview dates are 6-9th of Januray I believe. King's say on their website early January, and going by last years thread that's around 10/11th and probably the dates around then as well :-)

Thank you so much! I THINK but I'm not sure that someone here mentioned King's interviews on the 8th and another date. So yeah in any way they will all be after the first weekend in January (2nd-3rd), which is reassuring for holiday planning purposes!
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
Thank you so much! I THINK but I'm not sure that someone here mentioned King's interviews on the 8th and another date. So yeah in any way they will all be after the first weekend in January (2nd-3rd), which is reassuring for holiday planning purposes!

Unfortunately Bart's interview dates are the first week of my exams! So if I'm lucky enough to get an interview I'll have to keep my fingers crossed it's not on an exam day!
I just got that email too! Those numbers are terrifying, although I guess 1 in 10 isn't TOO horrendous...

Although knowing medicine to be uber competitive when applying, when I recieved this email it still came as a shock. 3600???!!! Makes me feel a bit queasy (the reality of it) :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending