The Student Room Group

UK man facing Saudi lashes plead with PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Indonesia and Singapore punish drug trafficking with death. Is that moral?

No.
Original post by Saoirse:3
No.
But should we abide by their laws when we are in these countries?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
But should we abide by their laws when we are in these countries?

It depends - there are immoral acts which are prohibited by those laws, such as selling people contaminated drugs with severe additional health risks or funding violent crime. Morally however I see no issue with, say, giving your friend some of your weed which could be described as "drug trafficking"
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well, I guess he got what he was looking for (with that much wine in his trunk I should think he expected to get lashed) :mmm:

Not sure about respecting (e.g. retrograde/corrupt legislature) but certainly abiding by it, or else being prepared to face the consequences :holmes:

I know! I wouldn't want to face the consequences so wouldn't even dream of carrying such things in my boot
Reply 84
Original post by Bill_Gates
British man who is facing 350 lashes in Saudi Arabia after homemade wine was found in his car have pleaded with David Cameron

- Should Dave intervene? that's if he can, he's currently too busy sucking up to our new Chinese masters.

Personally i think he should just take it like a man, considering he blatantly knew he was in the wrong.

Bill

360 lashes for making homemade wine?!?

Can we not just nuke the Saudi Arabia?....god damn, where's Bush when you need him.
Reply 85
Everyone's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Saudi Arabia is probably the most strictest countries when it comes to the law (Middle East), so having wine in the trunk, in a country where you know there could be severe repercussions is just plain stupid. Why risk it.
Reply 86
Original post by MAINE.

Can we not just nuke the Saudi Arabia?....god damn, where's Bush when you need him.

Because you'd be screwed without their oil. :wink:
Original post by MAINE.

Nope. But we can let him take his lashes and keep funding the Saudi family.

Best regards
George W Bush
I personally would give the ****er 50 or so lashes meself. Drinking wine in a Islamic country? What a heathen, lumpen pleb.
Original post by Foo.mp3
God help me, the things I would put in that booty, given half a chance, would definitely get me arrested in Saudi :laugh:

:mmm: oh I do say!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending