The Student Room Group

Is Woodhouse too far?

Hi,
I've been recommended Woodhouse college but the problem is I live an hour away. Is that too far to travel? Besides would that not limit my chances of getting in?
Original post by stars14
Hi,
I've been recommended Woodhouse college but the problem is I live an hour away. Is that too far to travel? Besides would that not limit my chances of getting in?

It depends on what you think, some people think that an hour is close enough while others think that 45 mins is far away. You also need to consider if you can wake up early and have enough alternative ways to get there if there's a strike. Personally though, what do you think?

That also depends, cause, while some schools do prioritise people who are siblings with current students or people who lives near, some schools don't do that. I know one school which gave me an offer that was like roughly an hour away from my house. So, y'know...

Personally, I think it's far but, then again, I think a 13 minutes travel is pretty long so I don't think I'm a good person to ask.

If you think you can handle the distance though, apply. Check out the open day first though cause you might change your mind once you get there and, trust me, from what I've heard, changing schools during the school year is a pain in the neck.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 2
Its okay :biggrin:
Personally I think an hour is way too far plus it will require me to wake up super early! At the moment I literally live not even a minute away from school (I'm practically neighbours with my school) so I don't really know what it's actually like to travel to school. Thanks anyways. :smile:
woodhouse give more priority to people living within 45mins, thats the main reason i didnt get in.
i live about an hour away too
Reply 4
Thanks. I guess I won't bother applying then :smile:
Their general catchment area is 75mins you are fine.

Quick Reply

Latest