The Student Room Group

I'm not attracted to and avoid so-called 'alpha' males

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John55
Why do girls always have to kill it by saying guys have to be confident, why can't you just be attracted to awkward weirdos with no social skills... GAH!

But I don't think your right in saying most women chase these egocentric misogynistic types, in fact I don't think there's that many guys like that, it's just an assumption people make when they see a group of guys who look a certain way when in fact their most likely perfectly nice people who've just drunken to much.

Your profile picture makes me feel happy for some reason.
Original post by NathanDYEL
Did not read any of that apart from title but guessing you said something about 'alpha' males being big headed and treating women badly etc etc etc

Alpha male > Beta phaggot

Classic example.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
wtf is an alpha male pls. Actually, don't tell me.

Some people just try too hard to add some meaning to their lives by attaching a useless label which won't have any additional benefits in life except for a false ego-boost.

Yes basically this whole thing boils down the extremely fragile ego.
Original post by ghost88
Anyone who seriously believes their an "alpha" are just cocky idiots.

Exactly. It makes me cringe when they proclaim that they are 'alpha'. Maybe they just need a hug.
Original post by Flying Lotus
In what ways is that inequality true? Do you wax/shave your chest btw?

Depends on what your version of anAlpha/Beta male is. And yeahh i shave, my girlfriend doesnt like hair when shes sucking on my nips.......
Original post by cole-slaw
There are no such things as alpha males.

The pathetic guys who try it on with you are called losers. Its no wonder you're not attracted to them, no-one is.

Yes they are just losers really to shallow to see past how pathetic they sound and act.
Original post by Anonymous
Classic example.

Classic beta phaggot.
I know that most people are probably a mix of traits. But I am referring to the men who actually walk around calling themselves 'alpha' and telling other men to be more 'alpha' and calling other men 'beta'.

I have literally never met a person who does this in real life.
As in, why would the majority of females find that type of male attractive?

Well it's a difficult one because there is no such thing as a universally attractive person. Conventional perhaps.
Classic beta phaggot.

I'm female :u: How are you alpha then? If you can proclaim it you can explain it. Do enlighten me, oh superior one.
Depends on what your version of anAlpha/Beta male is. And yeahh i shave, my girlfriend doesnt like hair when shes sucking on my nips.......

This reminded me of

[video="youtube;rxaQsBXJRcs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxaQsBXJRcs[/video]
Original post by SmashConcept
I have literally never met a person who does this in real life.

Unfortunately, I have :frown:
This reminded me of

[video="youtube;rxaQsBXJRcs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxaQsBXJRcs[/video]

You are a great human for making a reference to Family guy ! :smile: Thankyou.
Outdated concepts mainly spread by moronic people.
I'm female :u: How are you alpha then? If you can proclaim it you can explain it. Do enlighten me, oh superior one.

1. Physical: Women are not as superficial as men, but they are still superficial. Looks matter, to an extent, and all other things being equal few women would prefer a guy with a frail Gollum frame over a guy who resembles Daniel Craig in a James Bond beach scene. Similarly, men treat other men differently depending on how they look. After I began bulking up, I noticed considerably less "crap" from other guys at bars and clubs. No more interrupting my conversations, bumping into me without apologizing, creeping on girls I had brought with me.How to bulk up? I employed something I call the "prison workout." It's phenomenally simple: 120 good push-ups per day (this means keeping your back and legs straight, like a plank), which can be broken up into three sets of 40 throughout the day, and 80 crunches. Like in a prison, this is a simple routine that could be performed in a cell (or office cubicle, as the case may be), without the aid of an expensive personal trainer, posh gym membership, or any special equipment.Also like in a prison, do this every day -- pretend that time is of the essence. If you were in prison, you'd want to bulk up as soon as possible to avoid problems with the other inmates, right? And eat more protein. Cut out all of the things that you know are bad for your metamorphosis into an alpha male: that means no more comfort foods. Office cupcakes, Dunkin' Donuts, and milkshakes are all in your rearview mirror from now on.2. Financial: Most women are not strictly speaking gold-diggers, and most men don't really care how much you have in your brokerage account... But all other things being equal, we'd all prefer to hang out with someone who is affluent over someone who pinches pennies.Cut your expenses until you reach a point where you can meet your obligations (rent, car payment, etc.) comfortably without it occupying much of your time. I don't know why this is the case, and its beyond the scope of this blog post, but people are very good at sensing financial anxiety in others -- if you're terrified you won't be able to make ends meet, potential business partners (and potential mates) can pick up on it.An alpha male always knows he has enough. And if he doesn't, he does whatever it takes -- within reason -- to improve his financial standing.3. Status: While I don't think you should define yourself solely by what you do, certain professions are off-limits for those serious about becoming alpha males -- and there are even some professions that can quicken the transformation from beta to alpha. I'm not saying you need to become a hedge fund manager or play for the Miami Heat, but you do need to eventually find a career that is congruent with your new goal to become alpha within your defined social group or city.If your job requires constant public supplication to others, it's a beta job. You cannot easily become a true alpha male if your 9 to 5 is working as a porter at a five-star hotel -- taking crap from snobby tourists all day -- or if you scrub feet at a day spa. Some service industry jobs are great for budding alphas, though: some of the most alpha guys I know work as bartenders, for example. Although you are responding to customer requests, you are also the "alpha" over a set domain -- your bar -- and few men will challenge your status or try to overtake you as the bartender!In summary, find a job that allows you to be an alpha male from time to time. Emasculating jobs will eat at your soul, and it's impossible to go out at night acting alpha if you've spent all day in beta mode. ^ Copied from http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-become-an-ultra-high-value-alpha-male-and-attract-women-2011-5?IR=T
Unfortunately, I have :frown:

Maybe because I'm older. Obviously it only became trendy in the last few years, and I think only children and a few internet weirdos are dumb enough to believe in it.
Original post by SmashConcept
Maybe because I'm older. Obviously it only became trendy in the last few years, and I think only children and a few internet weirdos are dumb enough to believe in it.

Yes it is an awful creation of the internet and social media along with PUAs. It doesn't help either that my boyfriend and I live near oxford street, London where there seems to be an a high concentration of PUAs (pick up artists) another awful phenomenon of late. I get hit on by them walking down oxford street you can see them a mile off waiting to spring.
1. Physical: Women are not as superficial as men, but they are still superficial. Looks matter, to an extent, and all other things being equal few women would prefer a guy with a frail Gollum frame over a guy who resembles Daniel Craig in a James Bond beach scene. Similarly, men treat other men differently depending on how they look. After I began bulking up, I noticed considerably less "crap" from other guys at bars and clubs. No more interrupting my conversations, bumping into me without apologizing, creeping on girls I had brought with me.How to bulk up? I employed something I call the "prison workout." It's phenomenally simple: 120 good push-ups per day (this means keeping your back and legs straight, like a plank), which can be broken up into three sets of 40 throughout the day, and 80 crunches. Like in a prison, this is a simple routine that could be performed in a cell (or office cubicle, as the case may be), without the aid of an expensive personal trainer, posh gym membership, or any special equipment.Also like in a prison, do this every day -- pretend that time is of the essence. If you were in prison, you'd want to bulk up as soon as possible to avoid problems with the other inmates, right? And eat more protein. Cut out all of the things that you know are bad for your metamorphosis into an alpha male: that means no more comfort foods. Office cupcakes, Dunkin' Donuts, and milkshakes are all in your rearview mirror from now on.2. Financial: Most women are not strictly speaking gold-diggers, and most men don't really care how much you have in your brokerage account... But all other things being equal, we'd all prefer to hang out with someone who is affluent over someone who pinches pennies.Cut your expenses until you reach a point where you can meet your obligations (rent, car payment, etc.) comfortably without it occupying much of your time. I don't know why this is the case, and its beyond the scope of this blog post, but people are very good at sensing financial anxiety in others -- if you're terrified you won't be able to make ends meet, potential business partners (and potential mates) can pick up on it.An alpha male always knows he has enough. And if he doesn't, he does whatever it takes -- within reason -- to improve his financial standing.3. Status: While I don't think you should define yourself solely by what you do, certain professions are off-limits for those serious about becoming alpha males -- and there are even some professions that can quicken the transformation from beta to alpha. I'm not saying you need to become a hedge fund manager or play for the Miami Heat, but you do need to eventually find a career that is congruent with your new goal to become alpha within your defined social group or city.If your job requires constant public supplication to others, it's a beta job. You cannot easily become a true alpha male if your 9 to 5 is working as a porter at a five-star hotel -- taking crap from snobby tourists all day -- or if you scrub feet at a day spa. Some service industry jobs are great for budding alphas, though: some of the most alpha guys I know work as bartenders, for example. Although you are responding to customer requests, you are also the "alpha" over a set domain -- your bar -- and few men will challenge your status or try to overtake you as the bartender!In summary, find a job that allows you to be an alpha male from time to time. Emasculating jobs will eat at your soul, and it's impossible to go out at night acting alpha if you've spent all day in beta mode. ^ Copied from http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-become-an-ultra-high-value-alpha-male-and-attract-women-2011-5?IR=T

I was talking about you personally not a generic outline. So what is about your physical, financial and status that makes you such an alpha? What uni do you/did you go to? What job do you do?

Would bet money on this being some guy trying it on,

but what they are actually describing is a 'PUA' or 'pick-up-artist' and most of those guys freely admit they ain't 'alpha' its just a subterfuge that (supposedly) gives women that false impression...they even call what they're doing 'game'.

'Alpha' in it's broadest terms just means 'top dog'.

You could be a total hippy vegan pacifist who's into 'crystal healing' and 'Nonviolent Communication' who goes around hugging trees,

but if you're completely comfortable in your own skin, passionate and driven about what you do...Total ****ing Alpha...

Kipling put it best...

Original post by Triple-Sod

Would bet money on this being some guy trying it on,

but what they are actually describing is a 'PUA' or 'pick-up-artist' and most of those guys freely admit they ain't 'alpha' its just a subterfuge that (supposedly) gives women that false impression...they even call what they're doing 'game'.

'Alpha' in it's broadest terms just means 'top dog'.

You could be a total hippy vegan pacifist who's into 'crystal healing' and 'Nonviolent Communication' who goes around hugging trees,

but if you're completely comfortable in your own skin, passionate and driven about what you do...Total ****ing Alpha...

Kipling put it best...

I'm not a guy, can a woman not have an opinion or something?? And I'm not the only one there are women who have posted on here agreeing so go talk to them as well.

'but if you're completely comfortable in your own skin, passionate and driven about what you do...Total ****ing Alpha...' I think most of the self proclaimed 'alphas' are insecure in the extreme. A man who is what you describe would certainly never give himself such a dumb badge. And there are very few Kiplings and true 'top dogs' in the world and none of them are calling themselves 'alpha males'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending