The Student Room Group

It takes him hours to reply- does he not like me??

So basically, there's a guy that I'm really into. Only problem is that it takes him a good hour to reply to my messages. He's online, I see him go on and off line whilst I wait for him to reply, but I don't get a reply until almost exactly an hour after I send him a message.
Is it safe to assume that he has no interest in me, especially as I start all of our conversations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So basically, there's a guy that I'm really into. Only problem is that it takes him a good hour to reply to my messages. He's online, I see him go on and off line whilst I wait for him to reply, but I don't get a reply until almost exactly an hour after I send him a message.
Is it safe to assume that he has no interest in me, especially as I start all of our conversations?

You can PM me if you like. I always reply right away. :smile:
He may very well:

1) just be busy and wants to get things over and done with before he can sit down and properly reply to you

2) just be a friendly guy, does not feel the need to reply asap

3) just not be that into you

Choose whichever one will keep your heart on it's tip toes or be engraved on your gravestone :kiss:
Reply 3
Maybe he's just putting a lot of thought (maybe too much) into his messages, but I'd read more into what he's saying rather than the time between messages. What kind of response are you getting?
Reply 4

Yes. He's not worth it, dump him. You deserve so much more xxx
Original post by sadly

They're not together..? Did you even read the OP?
Reply 6
Original post by Tom78
Maybe he's just putting a lot of thought (maybe too much) into his messages, but I'd read more into what he's saying rather than the time between messages. What kind of response are you getting?

Really, really short messages. Tbh our conversations are always really short, normally just one line per message :/
Reply 7
Original post by sadly

Haha, we're not together :lol:
Original post by sadly

For taking a while doing things you don't even know before responding to OP's message? Ok then. xD
Original post by thecatwithnohat
He may very well:

1) just be busy and wants to get things over and done with before he can sit down and properly reply to you

2) just be a friendly guy, does not feel the need to reply asap

3) just not be that into you

Choose whichever one will keep your heart on it's tip toes or be engraved on your gravestone :kiss:

4) Be into you and is purposefully delaying his responses to not seem desperate.

You really can't infer anything from how long it takes someone to reply to a text lol.
Reply 10
Original post by georgiaswift
They're not together..? Did you even read the OP?

When I said dump him, I meant dump him all together, the idea of him, the feelings for him, the idea of him but I should have worded that more wisely lol :tongue:
Reply 11
Really, really short messages. Tbh our conversations are always really short, normally just one line per message :/

If it's all one way and there's no "stimulating" conversation I'd leave it tbh.
Ladies, get yourselves an average-ugly guy. Your friends won't be that impressed, but we text back quicker than Usain Bolt and even Chris Brown admits we're loyal as fuark.
(edited 8 years ago)

Yeah, it doesn't sound like he likes you. He's being polite. Probably better to move on and find someone who appreciates you
Reply 14
Original post by So Instinct
Ladies, get yourselves an average-ugly guy. Your friends won't be that impressed, but we text back quicker than Usain Bolt and we loyal as fuark.

But why hang one of your childrens ****ty drawings on the wall, when you can spend a little bit and get Paul Klee? Ya gets me?
Original post by sadly
When I said dump him, I meant dump him all together, the idea of him, the feelings for him, the idea of him but I should have worded that more wisely lol :tongue:

Ah I see! I've only ever heard dump used in terms of romantic relationships, never thought about it as being platonic before - that's why I was confused
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
4) Be into you and is purposefully delaying his responses to not seem desperate.

You really can't infer anything from how long it takes someone to reply to a text lol.

Oh man I forgot the most romantic one :innocent:
You're reading too much into this. I have friends who reply instantly (and we've had text conversations) and sometimes, they can take longer to reply. usually because they've got a life which means they're not glued to their phone. (or as was once, he was driving / on holiday and given that neither were overly important, waited)
Original post by Tom78
If it's all one way and there's no "stimulating" conversation I'd leave it tbh.

Yeah, ngl our conversations are super boring but I stick with them because I like him :frown:

Original post by georgiaswift
Yeah, it doesn't sound like he likes you. He's being polite. Probably better to move on and find someone who appreciates you

Yeah, tis what I though. Ah well, thanks for the help :h:

Original post by OU Student
You're reading too much into this. I have friends who reply instantly (and we've had text conversations) and sometimes, they can take longer to reply. usually because they've got a life which means they're not glued to their phone. (or as was once, he was driving / on holiday and given that neither were overly important, waited)

Yeah, and that's fair enough but I mean that I see this guy come online and like photos, reply to comments on photos etc. all whilst not replying to my messages. He's on Facebook a lot, I've seen him just aimless scrolling through his newsfeed fairly often :/

Yeah, and that's fair enough but I mean that I see this guy come online and like photos, reply to comments on photos etc. all whilst not replying to my messages. He's on Facebook a lot, I've seen him just aimless scrolling through his newsfeed fairly often :/

I'm logged on to FB on my phone. So, according to FB, I'm online when I could actually be doing other stuff. This actually caused an argument with someone who somehow didn't like the idea that I had a life that didn't revolve around talking to him. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest