The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't like the jeans and the jacket is even worse. Also I hope he isn't planning on wearing sunglasses at 10pm :rofl:
Original post by scriberg
a nice oxford shirt, a smart blazer and jeans

who wears a denim blazer and chinos

I don't think he has any really classy things but I can lend him my blazer as he's the same size as me almost

He's got red skinny jeans I think not chinos. Those are OK?

TheonlyMrsHolmes
Nope

I'll post one though.

Hold on 1 sec

Thank you :smile:

@Plantagenet Crown what colours would you wear/do British guys wear?
It's a cinema date, they'll be sitting in darkness for a good part of the evening...

Just have him wear something casual, e.g.

Original post by SwedishRedhead
what colours would you wear/do British guys wear?

Reply 24
Thanks are you a girl? :smile:

Haha how is he bad? Im curious :tongue: my history teacher in Sweden was my favourite lol

Red trousers a definite no then?

I don't think he's wearing sunglasses forgot to mention. He is skinny like the guy in the pic tho

He always says mean stuff, picks on me and I keep my face neutral and never smile now because I'm saddened by his ways with me and he dares to say smile! he always said why are you smiling do your work instead of talking and whilst I do talk lots I don't in class omg and he always embarrasses me and asks me really uncomfortable questions omg which I can't say on tsr like ew?? He is literally the most manipulative, childish, immature man I have ever met and I can't wait to leave my college because of him!

DITCH THE TROURSER AND WEAR BLACK JEANS they would so suit the rest of the clothing and would compliment your friend as well :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kkboyk
If the girl is in to him and he's average+ looking, she won't mind much on what he wears.

Why not ask him to change trousers (black in particular)

Maybe this?

I'm going to sound so bitchy but he's ok looking at best and had to work to get her. He's a good housemate though so I am advising him! :biggrin:

His outfit is similar to that but with a blazer. He has Oxford shoes but wants to wear Converse trainers I think?

Thank you :smile:

@Plantagenet Crown what colours would you wear/do British guys wear?

Sexyyy :sexface: Then again I just have a thing for men in jumpers :drool:
Original post by Jenx301
Don't like the jeans and the jacket is even worse. Also I hope he isn't planning on wearing sunglasses at 10pm :rofl:

Is the jeans colour wrong?

He's missing the sunglasses (I had to tell him :teehee:)

zyzzyspirit
It's a cinema date, they'll be sitting in darkness for a good part of the evening...

Just have him wear something casual, e.g.

I suggested something like that but he only has cardigans and zip up hoodies. Would a cardigan do?
He's leaving for the Odeon at ten :banana:

For a Miami Vice nostalgia evening?
Reply 29
Indoor dwelling housemate has finally got a cinema date with the girl he likes tonight lol.

Wants to wear something very similar to this. I think it looks cool but no idea what British girls are impressed by. Advise him TSR. He's leaving for the Odeen at ten :banana:

in b4 "supreme gentleman of peace"

Smart casual minus red trousers would be great. What is the Odeen? Or are you headed to the cinema, in which case terrible setting for first date! lol
Reply 30
That's true lol.

I'm going to sound so *****y but he's ok looking at best and had to work to get her. He's a good housemate though so I am advising him! :biggrin:

His outfit is similar to that but with a blazer. He has Oxford shoes but wants to wear Converse trainers I think?

Just tell him to wear anything before you end up stressing about it :tongue:
Original post by sadly
He always says mean stuff

DITCH THE TROURSER AND WEAR BLACK JEANS they would so suit the rest of the clothing and would compliment your friend as well :smile:

He sounds horrible! How old is he?

He said if he wears bright colours it's like "peacocking" and attracts more women, he reads pickup artist books idk lol

Tom78
Smart casual minus red trousers would be great. What is the Odeen? Or are you headed to the cinema, in which case terrible setting for first date! lol

Why is everyone saying no red trousers? (I thought they were a British sign of wealth haha)

The Odeen cinema? (How do you spell it?) :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

You should see my jumpers :colondollar:

I cba to wear a full suit so I wear jumpers and cardigans instead. It's so much easier and comfortable.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Those men are sexy!! :drool:

He only has cardigans (like granny ones) and zip up hoodies. Would those do though? I suggested that earlier :colondollar:
I'd say he has to pick either the trousers or the jacket. It's too much both together.
Come on man, nobody wears denim blazers
Original post by nulli tertius
For a Miami Vice nostalgia evening?

****ing lmao :rofl:
Reply 37
He sounds horrible! How old is he?

He said if he wears bright colours it's like "peacocking" and attracts more women, he reads pickup artist books idk lol

Why is everyone saying no red trousers? (I thought they were a British sign of wealth haha)

The Odeen cinema? (How do you spell it?) :smile:

Only if they are wearing brown/beige chinos, with an expensive navy blazer (pretty much most people's image of a private school kid).
Is the jeans colour wrong?

He's missing the sunglasses (I had to tell him :teehee:)

I suggested something like that but he only has cardigans and zip up hoodies. Would a cardigan do?

Something like this should be good:

Style-Smart-Casual-for-Men.jpg
Reply 39
Those men are sexy!! :drool:

He only has cardigans (like granny ones) and zip up hoodies. Would those do though? I suggested that earlier :colondollar:

Decent shirt and jeans. Are you going for a drink or something before / after?

Latest