The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by thecatwithnohat
It's true though, no outfit looks more dis-coordinated that one that does not match :s-smilie: I bet you do it too. You do, don't you :rofl:

I used to when I was 12 (wore the same outfit, but with a zebra striped belt). I now just wear black belts, no fancy or half assed coloured chinos (learnt this the hard way :cool: ).
Original post by SwedishRedhead
Indoor dwelling housemate has finally got a cinema date with the girl he likes tonight lol.

Wants to wear something very similar to this. I think it looks cool but no idea what British girls are impressed by. Advise him TSR. He's leaving for the Odeen at ten :banana:

in b4 "supreme gentleman of peace"

Denim blazer? Really?

A smart Oxford shirt, ironed, tucked (maybe) with dark slim jeans and nice shoes; smart-casual brogues, desert or chelsea boots. A blazer isn't appropriate for a cinema date imo.
Original post by kkboyk
I used to when I was 12 (wore the same outfit, but with a zebra striped belt). I now just wear black belts, no fancy or half assed coloured chinos (learnt this the hard way :cool: ).

LOOOOOOOL

we've all been there don't worry :hugs:

Joke, you went down that dark path all alone :afraid:
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Lots of guys do it, it's like an old money English sailing look

Like I said I would roll them down to cover ankles, but lots of guys do it his way

Overall he looks amazing don't be jealous

If I saw a guy in that outfit walking down the high street, I'd be thinking "noobhead".

His just over doing it, sometimes it's best to keep it simple.
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Not a fan of cardigans.

Tell him to go buy some proper (cheap) clothes right now lol.

Why no cardigans?

lol :tongue:

@drowzee those are good. I'll have to lend him my blazer and belt though and I'm a girl haha
Original post by Flying Lotus
Denim blazer? Really?

A smart Oxford shirt, ironed, tucked (maybe) with dark slim jeans and nice shoes; smart-casual brogues, desert or chelsea boots. A blazer isn't appropriate for a cinema date imo.

Thanks. What should he wear on top? His coat is in the wash
Reply 66
Original post by thecatwithnohat
LOOOOOOOL

we've all been there don't worry :hugs:

Joke, you went down that dark path all alone :afraid:

Still better than wearing a skirt, and wearing different coloured items (kinda looking like a retarded rainbow coloured unicorn).

Lots of guys do it, it's like an old money English sailing look

Like I said I would roll them down to cover ankles, but lots of guys do it his way

He would be giving kids nightmare with those socks. I wonder if it glows in the dark...
Original post by Oh no not again!
No never go for the hoodie, it can give off a hobo vibe, keep it smart but sophisticated.

How about a nice leather jacket for this cold weather, simple yet classic:

leather.jpg

He doesn't have one (only a coat and it's in the wash). What about a cardigan?

I have loads of leather jackets but they are cut to fit a woman
Original post by Flying Lotus
Denim blazer? Really?

This is decent advice.

I dislike skinny jeans but they don't really suit me and always tuck the shirt in
This is decent advice.

I dislike skinny jeans but they don't really suit me and always tuck the shirt in

I also dislike skinny jeans, I recommend slim jeans. Not into the whole skinny jean look where it looks like you can snap somebodies legs with your bare hands.

Tbh it depends on the style, and what type of cardigan does he wear, and the color.

Show me an example if you can.:tongue:
opie get him to wear these, it's what all the chads are wearing these days

Reply 72
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Odd colour combination, would change the trousers.

That's what I thought as well :confused:

And that sunglasses ... makes me want to go outside and shoot a deer.
Thanks. What should he wear on top? His coat is in the wash

Lambs wool/merino/cashmere jumper. If the oxford shirt is white, most colours work. If the oxford is the typical light blue, maybe stick with a navy jumper. Ensure that it is crew neck.
Tbh it depends on the style, and what type of cardigan does he wear, and the color.

Show me an example if you can.:tongue:

He's gonna kill me if I post a pic of him but he has a lot of long ones? like this but with patterns :tongue:

Original post by Greg Jackson
opie get him to wear these, it's what all the chads are wearing these days

ayyy lmao

he's wearing red trousers

guy needs to lift
Don't wear baggy trousers unless you're gonna be blazing it with a sk8t-r girl ffs

lol @Chads
He's gonna kill me if I post a pic of him but he has a lot of long ones? like this but with patterns :tongue:

It's nice but I prefer something thicker and more sophisticated like wool or cashmere cardigans tbh.

Something like this:
il_340x270.508653853_rbmm.jpg

or something like this it's suede, and really suave:

Trust me this is nice.

lifestyle_1130328.jpg
or something like this it's suede, and really suave:

Trust me this is nice.

lifestyle_1130328.jpg

I like that but he doesn't have anything like that for sure, he's leaving in two hours tonight you see :colondollar:

Latest