The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

When can I expect an answer?

I applied for maths and computer science on Wednesday. When can I expect to get an offer/ rejection?
By early May.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I applied in October last year, got an offer in April. It's a very long wait!!
Later on.
Reply 4
Do they tend to give offers to international students sooner? Of the two other Americans I know who have applied in the past, one got an offer in late October and the other in late December
Original post by nfthakar
Do they tend to give offers to international students sooner? Of the two other Americans I know who have applied in the past, one got an offer in late October and the other in late December

Yes, they do. My (English) son got his offer on May 8th.
Reply 6

This may be a stupid question, but are non-UK but EU students also international students?
Reply 7
Original post by whoskal
This may be a stupid question, but are non-UK but EU students also international students?

I dont know. It should say on their website but I imagine the preferential admissions process is due to the extra money it costs for international students plus the fact that it takes time to get visas and everything. Since it is cheaper and easier for EU students to actaully attend they may not get the same earlier offers.
Reply 8
Original post by whoskal

No. We are just EU students. International students are those from overseas. :smile:
Original post by borislav
No. We are just EU students. International students are those from overseas. :smile:

While I was filling in my personal information session I was wondering why they did not have an 'international' option for residential category. I found EU (non- UK) as the closest option since it stated non- UK so I chose it, only to realize that I should have chosen 'Others' instead. I am from Hong Kong so for other options, eg. area of permanent residence and address I chose Hong Kong. Now it is contradicting.

Now I sent off my applications one week ago. No universities have contacted me about this mistake. What should I do? Email UCAS and ask them to change it for me? Thank you!!

Indeed, I got an offer today after applying on the 14th. :biggrin:
Original post by mumollypolly
While I was filling in my personal information session I was wondering why they did not have an 'international' option for residential category. I found EU (non- UK) as the closest option since it stated non- UK so I chose it, only to realize that I should have chosen 'Others' instead. I am from Hong Kong so for other options, eg. area of permanent residence and address I chose Hong Kong. Now it is contradicting.

Now I sent off my applications one week ago. No universities have contacted me about this mistake. What should I do? Email UCAS and ask them to change it for me? Thank you!!

Yes, contact Ucas.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, contact Ucas.

I sent off my query to the enquiries@ucas something like this email account. All they gave me was an automated response... Planning on calling them later.

Will this amendment jeopardize my chances though :frown:
Reply 13

Will this amendment jeopardize my chances though :frown:

I'm sorry, I didn't know that there wasn't International option. But I think everything will be fine, don't worry.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, contact Ucas.

Called UCAS and they changed it right away :smile: They told me to contact the universities as well though so they know about my changes right away. Do I contact the admission tutors via email or should I call them? (If there's an enquiries hotline)
Called UCAS and they changed it right away :smile: They told me to contact the universities as well though so they know about my changes right away. Do I contact the admission tutors via email or should I call them? (If there's an enquiries hotline)

Speaking to a real person is always a better option as it's quicker and it's harder to ignore a ringing telephone than an email. Make a note of the name and job title of whoever you speak to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending