The Student Room Group

Am I a stalker? Is this stalkerish and obsessive behaviour?

I like this guy in my year at school, but I never really see him around- we don't have any of the same lessons, or any frees at the same time and he spends his breaks either working or doing some form of sport.
I started off not so creepily, kinda just walking past him fairly frequently and circling round the entire building so I could walk past him again. But then it got weirder- I found out what extracurricular activities he does and signed myself up for them. When I know he has a football match after school, I'll stay in school late, tell my mum I'm seeing a teacher and then 'accidentally' bump into him. I know his timetable and when he has frees, so I'll occasionally excuse myself from a lesson to 'go to the toilet' and instead just walk past him a couple of times. I know when he goes to lunch and plan my lunchtimes around his schedule.
What is coming next is really creepy, so no judgement please. Um, so, our school sends round this list of where people in the year live/email addresses/numbers etc- I guess it's because I live in a small village in Scotland, so it's good to foster the community spirit? Basically, I looked down that list for the guy I like's address and then google mapped it. I then found out what buses go to his house and what buses I could get that he might get. So yeah, I now get on his bus even though it's completely in the wrong direction and I have to get a second bus back down before getting my normal bus.
I spend literally every waking hour thinking about him and daydreaming about scenarios that involve him. Whenever I do anything, I imagine that he's there with me watching me do it. I've spent hours stalking his Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. My daily mood is determined by his behaviour towards me. I **** you not. I stare at him constantly. I've pretended to be into other guys to make him jealous and 'accidentally' sent him messages intended for other guys. I've also faked phone calls with other guys to make him think I have other people that are interested in me.

Please, PLEASE help me. I don't know what to do. I've never been this obsessed with somebody, it's gone on for a year now. I'm scaring myself. I wrote his name on my leg the other day, just absentmindedly. I'm an utter freak, I just really need help with this before I do something really crazy.

(oh and before any of the guys on TSR assume that this is what all girls are like when they like a guy, it's really not. I'm just a ****ing weirdo, don't think this is the norm).

Thanks in advance for the help! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

If this isn't a troll then yes, it is stalkerish and obsessive
Original post by Anonymous
I like this guy in my year at school, but I never really see him around- we don't have any of the same lessons, or any frees at the same time and he spends his breaks either working or doing some form of sport.
I started off not so creepily, kinda just walking past him fairly frequently and circling round the entire building so I could walk past him again. But then it got weirder- I found out what extracurricular activities he does and signed myself up for them. When I know he has a football match after school, I'll stay in school late, tell my mum I'm seeing a teacher and then 'accidentally' bump into him. I know his timetable and when he has frees, so I'll occasionally excuse myself from a lesson to 'go to the toilet' and instead just walk past him a couple of times. I know when he goes to lunch and plan my lunchtimes around his schedule.
What is coming next is really creepy, so no judgement please. Um, so, our school sends round this list of where people in the year live/email addresses/numbers etc- I guess it's because I live in a small village in Scotland, so it's good to foster the community spirit? Basically, I looked down that list for the guy I like's address and then google mapped it. I then found out what buses go to his house and what buses I could get that he might get. So yeah, I now get on his bus even though it's completely in the wrong direction and I have to get a second bus back down before getting my normal bus.
I spend literally every waking hour thinking about him and daydreaming about scenarios that involve him. Whenever I do anything, I imagine that he's there with me watching me do it. I've spent hours stalking his Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. My daily mood is determined by his behaviour towards me. I **** you not. I stare at him constantly. I've pretended to be into other guys to make him jealous and 'accidentally' sent him messages intended for other guys. I've also faked phone calls with other guys to make him think I have other people that are interested in me.

Please, PLEASE help me. I don't know what to do. I've never been this obsessed with somebody, it's gone on for a year now. I'm scaring myself. I wrote his name on my leg the other day, just absentmindedly. I'm an utter freak, I just really need help with this before I do something really crazy.

(oh and before any of the guys on TSR assume that this is what all girls are like when they like a guy, it's really not. I'm just a ****ing weirdo, don't think this is the norm).

Someone has indeed been paying the troll toll, now they have the boy's soul.

He'll run a mile :rofl:

You should have just been normal from the start (ie by talking to him etc and taking it from there).
Reply 4
Original post by georgiaswift
If this isn't a troll then yes, it is stalkerish and obsessive

Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Someone has indeed been paying the troll toll, now they have the boy's soul.

Original post by Tanjida95x
He'll run a mile :rofl:

You should have just been normal from the start (ie by talking to him etc and taking it from there).

I'm not a troll, I think I'm legitimately crazy :/
Reply 5
:bump:

Any help guys?
Reply 6
Just pretend you don't like him anymore. Pretend he's a stranger or he's weird. Would you stalk a weirdo or a stranger? I don't think so. Talk to him and see what he says back, don't act strange though. Also he might have noticed that you have been a bit of a stalker so you might want to deffinetly try to stop.
Reply 7
I did the exactly the same when I was 15... lol. But, I got over it after I left school and now I cringe at it. It might sound weird but, I think it's just a really deep crush and your obsessed with the idea of him. You'll get over it. Stop letting yourself think about him. He's just a boy I doubt there's anything special about him. It's just your imagination.
He's my mate, he told me to tell you he's dtf
Reply 9
Original post by Rubyx
I did the exactly the same when I was 15... lol. But, I got over it after I left school and now I cringe at it. It might sound weird but, I think it's just a really deep crush and your obsessed with the idea of him. You'll get over it. Stop letting yourself think about him. He's just a boy I doubt there's anything special about him. It's just your imagination.

Haha, yeah, but I'm almost 18 now. It's just embarassing for somebody my age to be doing this :lol: good to know somebody else has done the same though XD
That's true actually, I reckon my imagination has gone into overdrive and he's not as amazing as I think he is. But part of the problem is that he's not perfect- which makes him more appealing to me? Like, I know he can be a dick and he's ****ed around with girls before but for some reason, knowing that he's capable of **** ups makes me like him more? I'm weird af I know XD

Original post by danalwill
He's my mate, he told me to tell you he's dtf

Haha, I wish XD what's his name then? :wink:
So....have you.....ever spoken to this guy?
Original post by joey11223
So....have you.....ever spoken to this guy?

Yeah, quite a few times. But not enough that we could really be considered to be friends
Haha, yeah, but I'm almost 18 now. It's just embarassing for somebody my age to be doing this :lol: good to know somebody else has done the same though XD
That's true actually, I reckon my imagination has gone into overdrive and he's not as amazing as I think he is. But part of the problem is that he's not perfect- which makes him more appealing to me? Like, I know he can be a dick and he's ****ed around with girls before but for some reason, knowing that he's capable of **** ups makes me like him more? I'm weird af I know XD

Haha, I wish XD what's his name then? :wink:
Have you though of a career in tabloid journalism? I think you'd do well.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Have you though of a career in tabloid journalism? I think you'd do well.

Hahaha, yeah. Make my stalking a full-time profession rather than a hobby :lol:
Hahaha, yeah. Make my stalking a full-time profession rather than a hobby :lol:
Well then, you need to up your game and steal a lock of hair from that boy you like!
Why you acting like a 5 year old I swear

Have people on here not heard of just texting someone they're into??? Talk to him and if he's interested then ok and if not then leave him alone stop playing games you've probably creeped him out anyway
Original post by RonnieRJ
Why you acting like a 5 year old I swear

Have people on here not heard of just texting someone they're into??? Talk to him and if he's interested then ok and if not then leave him alone stop playing games you've probably creeped him out anyway

Yeah, I reckon he's probably creeped out by me. Ah well
Reply 17
Original post by Rubyx

Me too, when I was 12.

Basically and bluntly, you just need to stop. It's not healthy behaviour, and he probably doesn't like it. Whenever you think about him, stop. Mentally shout it in your mind. You just need to stop it all at the root.
Original post by midwolf
Me too, when I was 12.

Basically and bluntly, you just need to stop. It's not healthy behaviour, and he probably doesn't like it. Whenever you think about him, stop. Mentally shout it in your mind. You just need to stop it all at the root.

I've tried, I just don't know how. I think I have a naturally obsessive personality, but i just don't know how to get over this. I've tried absolutely everything :frown:
Reply 19
Yeah it's completely possible you have an obsessive personality. If it's affecting your life to this degree it may well be worth going to a psychiatrist. I just say this because, like I said, I did that when I was younger and later on I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Some of the symptoms, you've described. You might not, but if it's really messing with your day-to-day life it might be worth seeing your GP.

You have to sit down with yourself, and tell yourself you will stop. You know it's wrong and you want to stop, you have to really believe you don't want to do it anymore. I know it's hard, you're tied to those thoughts and you're trying to get rid of them, at this point it might be your entire reality, but you can do it if you really mean it.

No matter what, just remember this will end eventually. Just ride it out, my friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending