The Student Room Group

How to lower my standards??

I'm a girl, 18. I'm pretty at best, hideous at worst. Typically around a 6-7/10 based on what other people have said about me. Closer to a 6/10 tbh :lol:

All the guys I've been into so far have been way out of my league. I'm talking about solid 9s and 10 (sorry to use this stupid rating system but it's the only way I can explain without attaching photos). Obviously it's unlikely that a guy who's a 9 would ever be into a 6, especially when he's surrounded by many girls that are 9s and above (basically half of my year could be models if they wanted to).

So yeah, if I don't want to die alone, I really need to lower my standards. All the guys that have been into me so far have been around a 4 (sounds so horrible but there's no other way I can put it).
A lot of them are really lovely guys but eat like pigs or just have some sort of hygiene issue/gross habit that puts me right off them. A guy I was sitting next to in a lesson the other day was picking off scabs off his face and eating them. It's also hard to force physical attraction to somebody, no matter how nice they are.
Basically, what I'm asking is for tips on how to get accustomed to these revolting, puke inducing habits so they don't creep me out so much that I'm unable to date somebody that would otherwise be perfectly dateable. Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
A guy I was sitting next to in a lesson the other day was picking off scabs off his face and eating them

Ahahahahahaha what the actual F * * K

Girl don't think about it too much, the right man will come in time :wink:
I'm sorry but no one should ever lower their hygiene standards, I would rather die alone than be with an unhygenic person:redface:
Ha, I feel exactly the same way. I have the same problem. It's awful. I think I made a thread about it a while back, too, so interested to see what people say.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm sorry but no one should ever lower their hygiene standards, I would rather die alone than be with an unhygenic person:redface:

:bath:
Reply 5

Basically this :puke:
Reply 6

Exactly my sentiments XD I cannot deal with unhygienic people at all :lol:

Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Ahahahahahaha what the actual F * * K

Girl don't think about it too much, the right man will come in time :wink:

Ikr, it's weird as **** XD

Yeah, let's hope that's sometime soon
Reply 7
Ha, I feel exactly the same way. I have the same problem. It's awful. I think I made a thread about it a while back, too, so interested to see what people say.

Link me to the thread??
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
:bath:

I take 3 of those a day :smile:

Hygiene shouldn't even be a 'characteristic'. It is NECESSARY. Omg and OP I don't think anyone can find someone who picks the scabs off their face and eats them attractive, actually my gag reflex is acting up as I'm typing that out.
Control Panel -> System -> Settings -> Standards
Then adjust the percentage as required.
Reply 10
How is a 6/10 hideous?? What must you think of the men you claim are 4/10 then? There's more to life than ratings.

Damn, children in Africa could have eaten all that shampoo.
Original post by drowzee
Basically this :puke:

:yucky: I expect 2 showers(atleast) a day if I'm going to touch you. :redface:
Listen to me

Have flings with handsome, muscular, exciting guys now and marry some nerdy guy with a stable job when you hit ages 28-32, you'll be fine girl
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm a girl, 18. I'm pretty at best, hideous at worst. Typically around a 6-7/10 based on what other people have said about me. Closer to a 6/10 tbh :lol:

All the guys I've been into so far have been way out of my league. I'm talking about solid 9s and 10 (sorry to use this stupid rating system but it's the only way I can explain without attaching photos). Obviously it's unlikely that a guy who's a 9 would ever be into a 6, especially when he's surrounded by many girls that are 9s and above (basically half of my year could be models if they wanted to).

So yeah, if I don't want to die alone, I really need to lower my standards. All the guys that have been into me so far have been around a 4 (sounds so horrible but there's no other way I can put it).
A lot of them are really lovely guys but eat like pigs or just have some sort of hygiene issue/gross habit that puts me right off them. A guy I was sitting next to in a lesson the other day was picking off scabs off his face and eating them. It's also hard to force physical attraction to somebody, no matter how nice they are.
Basically, what I'm asking is for tips on how to get accustomed to these revolting, puke inducing habits so they don't creep me out so much that I'm unable to date somebody that would otherwise be perfectly dateable. Thanks! :smile:

If you want to lower your standards then TSR would be a good place to start jokes aside. I would suggest getting yourself out there whether you're at work, school, college, university take the opportunity to meet new people. It isn't a matter of lowering your standards, but finding the right person you click with is far more important.
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Damn, children in Africa could have eaten all that shampoo.

Don't joke about things like that :frown:
Original post by jazjaz
How is a 6/10 hideous?? What must you think of the men you claim are 4/10 then? There's more to life than ratings.

No, 7/10 at best XD 2/10 is me on my hideous hide out at home days :lol: and anyways, I did explain that I dislike the rating system, there's just no way to put it otherwise without using pictures
Don't joke about things like that :frown:

To be fair, unless you work at a coal mine there's absolutely no reason to take three baths a day.

Hygiene shouldn't even be a 'characteristic'. It is NECESSARY. Omg and OP I don't think anyone can find someone who picks the scabs off their face and eats them attractive, actually my gag reflex is acting up as I'm typing that out.

No wonder why you complain about dry skin :colonhash:

Showering more than twice a day does more harm than good if you live a regular lifestyle. You rid your body of natural oils which leads to dry brittle skin.
I would suggest you shower once every morning on regular days, but if you go on a day trip or are pretty active, showering a second time when you get home is standard too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending