The Student Room Group

Anyone given up on love?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReszaBrown
No offence, but I loathe this type of advice. It really pisses me the living **** off. Give up on love, it's not worth the pain experienced trying to find it. Men are utter douchebags anyway and are a waste of time and energy.

None taken. I know that there are many cynical people like you in the world, and I can understand why. I feel like it's a very narrow-minded and bitter opinion however.
Original post by connieiscrazy
None taken. I know that there are many cynical people like you in the world, and I can understand why. I feel like it's a very narrow-minded and bitter opinion however.

Fair enough, it's just from my own experience I've realised the sad truth and it's unfortunate but it's life. Life is tough and that's just it.
Original post by ReszaBrown
Fair enough, it's just from my own experience I've realised the sad truth and it's unfortunate but it's life. Life is tough and that's just it.

I guess I can't really comment because I haven't really experienced romantic 'love', but yeah life is tough and unfair and there ain't anything we can d about it
I've not given up on love but I wouldn't want to have my heart broken again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GingerJoe
I've not given up on love but I wouldn't want to have my heart broken again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really the fear of most people. Makes things harder
Original post by SA-1
Youll be fine man.

I'm a lost cause... most people at work my age are married/engaged/living together ffs

At least I have a good job in a sector with huge earning potential
Reply 46
Given up on love but not on lust 😅
Original post by ZuluK
Given up on love but not on lust 😅

Lust only satisfied one for a short amount of time. I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.

Then again, we're in a society where no strings attached is the main motto.
Original post by Anonymous
I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.

wot
Reply 49
Lust only satisfied one for a short amount of time. I also think it's more easier for guys than girls because they don't have to sacrifice much.

Then again, we're in a society where no strings attached is the main motto.

What do girls have to sacrifice??

That's a good motto... Getting love involved is just messy. No strings attached is good.
I gave up a long time ago,and I havent even been given a chance.
Reply 51
Original post by sr90
I'm a lost cause... most people at work my age are married/engaged/living together ffs

At least I have a good job in a sector with huge earning potential

You're still a solid 3/4ish years away from the average marriage age..

Just soldier on bro, you'll be good
Original post by ZuluK
What do girls have to sacrifice??

That's a good motto... Getting love involved is just messy. No strings attached is good.

Sorry if it is a generalisation but I think girls catch feelings quicker than guys when it comes to stuff like that. Lust sometimes turns to deeper feelings because of the intimacy and stuff
Sorry if it is a generalisation but I think girls catch feelings quicker than guys when it comes to stuff like that. Lust sometimes turns to deeper feelings because of the intimacy and stuff

True but guys feel hurt when it's over for longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if i should be feeling this way at 20 but, has anyone else given up on love? And is more into having "fun" / "going with the flow"...

Maybe due to negative views on relationships and such.. or am I just too pessimistic?

your young, love is a big thing. You can go with the flow and be open to love, the two dont contradict and at our age its perfectly reasonable to not have found "the love". You may even in a few years time find yourself giving into love
Original post by GingerJoe
True but guys feel hurt when it's over for longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you mean "over for longer"?
Any time when I break up I feel hopeless and this lasts for more than half an year even the relationship was just as short as a month long.
But after my recovering I begin to search for love again yet it is very tough.
Sometimes when I feel desperate I will just start looking for fun yet I don't like having "fun"..
Any time when I break up I feel hopeless and this lasts for more than half an year even the relationship was just as short as a month long.
But after my recovering I begin to search for love again yet it is very tough.
Sometimes when I feel desperate I will just start looking for fun yet I don't like having "fun"..

one question: Are you a male?

And I understand the last half of searching for fun when you feel desperate, one of those quick fix things.
Not sure if i should be feeling this way at 20 but, has anyone else given up on love? And is more into having "fun" / "going with the flow"...

Maybe due to negative views on relationships and such.. or am I just too pessimistic?

Yeeesss (for now)
No point trying to force find something, just be awesome and genuine and let it find you
For now, i'm just going to focus on my own life
Never been in love:\ *sigh*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending