The Student Room Group

Any point applying with ABB predictions for Warwick economics.

Is it likely I would get an offer for A*AA or am I wasting my time ?
Reply 1
Original post by Conservationofmass

Unlikely unless you have extenuating circumstances but that varies between different universities/departments. Maybe email the admissions and ask to give your self peace of mind.

If your predictions don't meet the minimum requirements, you are wasting your time and setting yourself up for disappointment. Warwick are not in the position of having to be kind to anyone. Apply to universities within your reach, so that you can enjoy getting offers instead of rejections.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If your predictions don't meet the minimum requirements, you are wasting your time and setting yourself up for disappointment. Warwick are not in the position of having to be kind to anyone. Apply to universities within your reach, so that you can enjoy getting offers instead of rejections.

Well as far as I know I should get an A* prediction in normal math and my other 2 subjects said they'd consider predicting me an A but if not then I think I'd just resit the year as I want to go into IB.
Well as far as I know I should get an A* prediction in normal math and my other 2 subjects said they'd consider predicting me an A but if not then I think I'd just resit the year as I want to go into IB.

You say in your thread title that you are predicted ABB, so that is what I commented on.

You can get into IB from other unis then just warwick man, be serious.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You say in your thread title that you are predicted ABB, so that is what I commented on.

I'll just have to force my teachers to bump it up then lol.
Original post by Econhope20
You can get into IB from other unis then just warwick man, be serious.

well my other options are Kent, Exeter and city but they aren't very good for getting into IB from what I've read.
well my other options are Kent, Exeter and city but they aren't very good for getting into IB from what I've read.

Exeter is a good university lol
Exeter is a good university lol

It's not an IB target or semi-target uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
It's not an IB target or semi-target uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so it is impossible for someone from exeter to get a job in IB?
so it is impossible for someone from exeter to get a job in IB?

Nope, just quite a bit more difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no there's way too much of a gap between your predictions and the entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending