The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If I were a girl, I think I would judge this so much.
Sounds like *******s to me girls that are really into you on tinder wouldn't really care about grammatical errors. I would dare to say that the more attractive you are as a guy the less it matters.
Reply 4
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
If I were a girl, I think I would judge this so much.

It's the same old story. They judge because they can afford to, the dating pool, supply-and-demand, etc. etc. The guys on those sites don't get the luxury of being as picky.
Original post by Hashim123
It's the same old story. They judge because they can afford to, the dating pool, supply-and-demand, etc. etc. The guys on those sites don't get the luxury of being as picky.

So get it right, it's not hard.

Think about what it says about you if you get this wrong, it either says you are stupid or that you don't take your time over things.
Reply 6
Original post by Black Cat
Sounds like *******s to me girls that are really into you on tinder wouldn't really care about grammatical errors. I would dare to say that the more attractive you are as a guy the less it matters.

It says it reduces the chance. If you're one of the lucky few whose chances are high from the get-go, then you can possibly afford that reduction; if you're not, you can't.
Reply 7
So get it right, it's not hard.

Think about what it says about you if you get this wrong, it either says you are stupid or that you don't take your time over things.

Have you ever noticed anything wrong with my grammar? This was posted as a discussion thread and that post as a comment on why the phenomena happens - it has nothing to do with me personally.
Have you ever noticed anything wrong with my grammar? This was posted as a discussion thread and that post as a comment on why the phenomena happens - it has nothing to do with me personally.

Yes

The comma in the title was completely out of place.
Reply 9
How strange considering the infographic says women are the ones who make more mistakes. Clearly just uppity :wink:
Reply 10
Yes

The comma in the title was completely out of place.

God Almighty.

No, it isn't - it's called an introductory word. ****'s sake, never thought the day would come when someone on TSR would be trying to catch out my grammar.
Your threads are always so dramatic :colonhash:

de-sass yourself gurlfriend
God Almighty.

No, it isn't - it's called an introductory word. ****'s sake, never thought the day would come when someone on TSR would be trying to catch out my grammar.

Do you really want me to point out everything wrong with the **** you've just written?
Reply 13

fam ur 5'7 being picky should not even cross ur mind

Spoiler

Reply 14
Do you really want me to point out everything wrong with the **** you've just written?

No, I don't, because I'm already well-aware of what it is; I'm just a) not anal enough to type out word-perfect posts when I'm casually typing on a forum, and b) intelligent enough to understand the difference between the obvious grammatical blunders this article is talking about, and grammatic nuances that only the most stuck-up, pedantic of English lit students are going to notice, let alone rule anyone out on the basis of.

You're evidently a self-important pleb trying hard to look like you know what you're talking about; I see right through you, and you don't, so stop being a provocative prick and detracting from what could otherwise be an actually-productive conversation.
Reply 15
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Your threads are always so dramatic :colonhash:

de-sass yourself gurlfriend

Is it my fault that the moment I make a thread, there's evidently an always-waiting gang of pricks that feel the need to compensate for their lack of dicks with dickishness? Anyone else makes a valid thread, it goes by without a hitch. I make one, and suddenly everyone is the most pedantic of bitches.
At least you get dates, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.
Original post by SwedishRedhead
At least you get dates, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

Elliot Rodger is that you? O_o
I judge grammar, I can't even lie. Mine slips up here and there but I try my best to keep it as perfect as possible. If someone with perfect grammar writes something I end up getting a really good impression of them, if it's awful then my impression of them isn't great.

Actually grammar is really important to me, more than I realise. A guy in my class grouped me with himself and others and said something along the lines of "None of our grammar and spelling is great because we are from X " and I ended up getting quite offended(not torn apart...but a bit offended :redface: ), I make a constant effort to keep my grammar/spelling perfect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by SwedishRedhead

Are you 5'3 or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending