The Student Room Group

tan or pale?

post removed

Scroll to see replies

What's the question? You can't change what skin colour you're born with
just embrace your skin tone, if you are pale be pale and happy if you are dark be dark and happy. The only thing i find slightly ridiculous is when really pale girls slather themselves in fake tan, i don't see the point of doing that but if it makes them happy then great :smile:

Spoiler

I like being exactly between those :tongue:
I'm pale enough to easily find make up for my skin tone but naturally tanned enough that I don't feel the need to tan :lol:
I wish I could tan more easily, burning every summer is not fun
(I secretly wish I was more brown) :P xD and cool
I wanna be pale but im brown lool.
I look better when I have a tan. I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and warm skin tone and my type just looks better tanned. Also, skin imperfections on the face are a lot less visible (without make up) when you are tanned. And I actually love when my freckles come out because of the sun.:h:

But some people look better pale. Cool types (blonde/blue eyed) look way better pale. Tan looks wrong on th 'cool' types.
I do haha
Reply 10
Who cares, beautiful skin is beautiful skin pale, tan or dark. That being said naturally tanned or dark skin is much more age resistant, and less likely to show up red marks and veins. The olive skinned members of my family retain their beauty much longer than the pale ones.
Very pale wouldn't be ideal as you'd look sickly and too tanned would just look unnatural.
A very light tan is ideal
Natural skin tones tend to look best,
Pale every time. This sounds a bit gross but I think it looks so cool when you can see veins through pale skin.
Reply 15
Fair enough. I'm just saying being pale or tanned does not make one attractive alone as much as the quality of the skin itself. And pale skin quite often come the mid-20s or even early 20s often starts to age. An olive or dark person's skin often doesn't start to age until their late 30s or early 40s.
The best looking guys have a kind of muted ethnic look.

Like Italians or Spanish or I have a friend who was half-Arabic half-Dutch and he looked like a very subtly exotic white guy, but had really dark eyes.
(edited 8 years ago)
OP. Go out in the sun, enjoy your life. Your skin is your skin. Love it.
I'm pale but I would rather be tan :cry: :cry:
Original post by CoolCavy
just embrace your skin tone, if you are pale be pale and happy if you are dark be dark and happy. The only thing i find slightly ridiculous is when really pale girls slather themselves in fake tan, i don't see the point of doing that but if it makes them happy then great :smile:

Yeah because they just end up looking like the pumpkin in your avatar.:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending