The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plasticine
I'm a 16 year old guy and 5 foot 5. I eat healthily and I play sports. I drink alcohol but I've never smoked or taken drugs. I had a big growth spurt last year; when I was 15 I was 5 foot 1, but I've been 5 foot 5 since this March. Does this mean I'm done growing?

there is no fixed rule to this. generally natural growth goes on ill early 20s for some guys. it depends on how good your diet us and your environment too. otherwise, yeah genetically you could just be shorter.

but if you still are very concerned, try hypnosis for growing taller. you can buy it for a couple of pounds or even for free and all you have to do is plug in some earphones and listen to the audio whilst you sleep for a couple of weeks-months.

simply put, the science behind it is that it tells your sub conscious continously causing your brain to enforce the changes. my brother grew up to 2.5inches doing it for a couple of weeks (when he was 25!) so try it out!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by susuthemusu
there is no fixed rule to this. generally natural growth goes on ill early 20s for some guys. it depends on how good your diet us and your environment too. otherwise, yeah genetically you could just be shorter.

but if you still are very concerned, try hypnosis for growing taller. you can buy it for a couple of pounds or even for free and all you have to do is plug in some earphones and listen to the audio whilst you sleep for a couple of weeks-months.

simply put, the science behind it is that it tells your sub conscious continously causing your brain to enforce the changes. my brother grew up to 2.5inches doing it for a couple of weeks (when he was 25!) so try it out!

"Science"
I went from around 5'6 at 16 to nearly 6 foot now at 19.
How tall are the men in your family?
Original post by Norton1
"Science"

yes, science isn't just about test tubes and chemicals.
Reply 25
I'm a 16 year old guy and 5 foot 5. I eat healthily and I play sports. I drink alcohol but I've never smoked or taken drugs. I had a big growth spurt last year; when I was 15 I was 5 foot 1, but I've been 5 foot 5 since this March. Does this mean I'm done growing?

Most people don't stop growing until their early twenties, so don't worry about it! Enjoy your youth! As long as you are healthy then there is nothing to be concerned about. I'm a girl, but I'm not particularly tall myself (5'1.5").
Besides, I don't call myself short...I like to think of myself as being space-efficient! :u:
Reply 26
im 18 and im 5 ft 7/8
Reply 27
I'm 16 1/2 and 5ft 7in (170cm), which I don't mind as much as my 5.5 feet - I still have to buy trainers in the junior section, although on the plus side I don't pay any tax on them :colone:
Reply 28
I'm 5'10 and I know it's not short but I want to be 6'. I'm 18 - is there hope?

Sorry to hijack
I know a guy who is 20 and only 3 ft
Reply 30
I started seeing my (19 year old) boyfriend in January and he was about the same height as me (5'3), seven months on and he's about four inches taller despite not growing that quickly in years.

Growth spurts come at unexpected times :smile:

Snap xD I'm 16 and that height. You'll still grow for a few more years- its just down to genetics!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire C
Original post by RobertWhite
You grow until you're 18-21 ish. I'm 19 and 5'5 so I'd say you're lucky!

ha even older than that and still 5'5
Original post by JordanS94
when I was 16 I was quite short and then I basically grew a head higher really quickly :wink: I'm just under 6ft now

EDIT:Is someone jealous of my growth spurt or something because I cannot see why I would get negged :confused:

not sure why you were negged so i repped to balance it out :smile:
Original post by Muppet Science
not sure why you were negged so i repped to balance it out :smile:

ahhh your so kind :biggrin: + rep for the kind gesture :smile:
Original post by Wattsy
I was 5'1 until I was 16, and then I grew to 5'10 in about 10 weeks! My Dad never grew from that height to his diminutive 5'7 until he was 17 so there is still plenty of time.

It's worth noting thought that if your parents are quite small, you will likely be too.

Did you do anything to promote the growth spurt or enhance it, BTW i dont exercise much but i do walk 20-20 minutes everyday!
I'm 23 and 4'11''. Stop moaning! You'll grow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm nearly 19, and im still 5ft2. I cri everitym.:frown:
Chill out. You're hardly short...

Lift up your spirits...
Original post by susuthemusu

Loool

Latest