The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Wondered if anyone has applied to QMUL for straight history and whether theyve got a reply? Sent my UCAS off over a week ago and 3/5 have got back to me so far!
Reply 61
AS- A*AAB
A2-A*AA
Lancaster,Manchester, Nottingham, Lincoln and Bristol.

Manchester has already offered me a place.
Reply 62
Original post by empressbethie
It's definitely worth checking though- my emails came about 40 minutes after the offers :s-smilie: I've applied to Cambridge, York, Lancaster, Royal Holloway and Exeter :smile: The first and last ones are pretty fixed preference-wise but York, Lancaster and Royal Holloway are very flexible- I love them all! Grades aren't up to Cambridge but I'm trying anyway- I'd regret it otherwise :smile: Durham is such a lovely uni but too far away from home for me :frown: I think I remember the history course looking really beautiful too- I hope you get in!! :smile:

We match on two then! :smile: I haven't had any confirmation emails yet, do you think I'll get them tomorrow? My school didn't really think I was Cambridge material so I didn't apply, but I would've loved to have seen whether or not I would've been given an offer. History is also on Lancaster unconditional scheme so fingers crossed but yeah I'd love to go to any of the first three unis.
Reply 63
Original post by SMer
Did you go to a Nottingham open day? I still haven't got a fifth choice yet: it's between Nottingham, Manchester or Sheffield

If you still havent decided then I'd recommend Nottingham I have Nottingham and Manchester as my choices. Nottingham would of been my first choice but it's too close to home for my liking. Beautiful campus, amazing facilities, the halls are better than average and the staff are so passionate!
Reply 64
Original post by Abbey15
If you still havent decided then I'd recommend Nottingham I have Nottingham and Manchester as my choices. Nottingham would of been my first choice but it's too close to home for my liking. Beautiful campus, amazing facilities, the halls are better than average and the staff are so passionate!

I've submitted with Sheffield but I think I might end up substituting Newcastle for Nottingham, I'm really not sure. Got two acknowledgement emails this morning! Just waiting on the other three:smile:
AS results: AAB
Predicted: A*AA
Choices: Oxford, York, Birmingham, Bristol and Exeter.

Little concerned about people here saying they've heard back from York because I sent mine off on 12th Oct and I haven't :frown: :colondollar:
Reply 66
Original post by georgiaTK
AS results: AAB
Predicted: A*AA
Choices: Oxford, York, Birmingham, Bristol and Exeter.

Little concerned about people here saying they've heard back from York because I sent mine off on 12th Oct and I haven't :frown: :colondollar:

I've applied to York too! We've got identical predicted grades as well! Only sent off my application yesterday so I can't help you there but I'm sure you'll hear soon. I wouldn't worry yet, hopefully you'll hear from them next week! Fingers crossed:smile:
Original post by SMer
I've applied to York too! We've got identical predicted grades as well! Only sent off my application yesterday so I can't help you there but I'm sure you'll hear soon. I wouldn't worry yet, hopefully you'll hear from them next week! Fingers crossed:smile:

Oh Good! I am basically addicted to track now - especially because the two people in my year who applied at the same time have started getting offers in the last few days! Let me know how you get on! :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by georgiaTK
Oh Good! I am basically addicted to track now - especially because the two people in my year who applied at the same time have started getting offers in the last few days! Let me know how you get on! :smile:

I'm exactly the same. Is there an app or something I can get? I've refreshed my emails SO many times. It's strangely exciting though and I will, you too! Good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 69
Original post by SMer
I've submitted with Sheffield but I think I might end up substituting Newcastle for Nottingham, I'm really not sure. Got two acknowledgement emails this morning! Just waiting on the other three:smile:

Thats amazing! My emails really messed up so im not sure if any are looking at mine yet but im becoming obsessed with looking at track haha. What course have you applied for?
Original post by SMer
We match on two then! :smile: I haven't had any confirmation emails yet, do you think I'll get them tomorrow? My school didn't really think I was Cambridge material so I didn't apply, but I would've loved to have seen whether or not I would've been given an offer. History is also on Lancaster unconditional scheme so fingers crossed but yeah I'd love to go to any of the first three unis.

Wars of the Roses unis too! :tongue: I applied on a Friday and got my last acknowledgement on the Tuesday :smile: Check your junk mail as well- one of mine ended up in there. I'd say you should have applied but that would mean more competition for me :wink: Glad it's not just me hoping for that unconditional then. What are your predicted?
Reply 71
Wars of the Roses unis too! :tongue: I applied on a Friday and got my last acknowledgement on the Tuesday :smile: Check your junk mail as well- one of mine ended up in there. I'd say you should have applied but that would mean more competition for me :wink: Glad it's not just me hoping for that unconditional then. What are your predicted?

Got my York acknowledgement last night, hopefully offers will come through next week! I'm not expecting a Durham response any time soon. I'm predicted A*AA but I think a subject has under-predicted me because I got full UMS at AS and my teacher will only predict me an A. At least history is A*!:biggrin:How about you?:smile:
Predicted A*A*A (History, Classics and Eng Lit) - AS AABC - applied for history at Kings and Bristol - and Ancient and Modern History at Oxford, Nottingham and Durham

Offers from Nottingham AAB and Kings AAA, still waiting on the others
Newnham, how about you? :smile:

Jesus :smile:
AS results: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A

Already had offers from Warwick, Liverpool and Manchester, now waiting on Bristol and Exeter.

On that note, anyone got any idea how long Bristol will take? I got an acknowledgement from them on the 23rd, so hopefully they don't take as long as Exeter (who are apparently ridiculously slow).
Original post by ChuckHades
AS results: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*A*A

Already had offers from Warwick, Liverpool and Manchester, now waiting on Bristol and Exeter.

On that note, anyone got any idea how long Bristol will take? I got an acknowledgement from them on the 23rd, so hopefully they don't take as long as Exeter (who are apparently ridiculously slow).

I've had an offer from Exeter for history, got the same predicted grades as you! have you checked track because I didn't get a notification I had to log on
Original post by claudiaford0798
I've had an offer from Exeter for history, got the same predicted grades as you! have you checked track because I didn't get a notification I had to log on

Oh really? Congratulations!

I just heard from some other people that they normally take quite a while, but maybe that won't be the case this year?

When did you send your application off?
Oh really? Congratulations!

I just heard from some other people that they normally take quite a while, but maybe that won't be the case this year?

When did you send your application off?

Sent mine in on 1st October so have been waiting a while :smile:
Original post by claudiaford0798
Sent mine in on 1st October so have been waiting a while :smile:

Ah OK, I sent mine on the 15th, so it might be a couple of weeks yet.

Do you mind telling me what your offer was for? I know the range is A*AA-AAB, so I don't really know what to expect lol.
Ah OK, I sent mine on the 15th, so it might be a couple of weeks yet.

Do you mind telling me what your offer was for? I know the range is A*AA-AAB, so I don't really know what to expect lol.

Mine was A*AA which I was surprised at because at the open day they said it would be AAA

Quick Reply

Latest