The Student Room Group

Unlucky, boys.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmed766
i totaly agree gramer is too blame.

*grammar moron.
Original post by Hashim123
No, I don't, because I'm already well-aware of what it is; I'm just a) not anal enough to type out word-perfect posts when I'm casually typing on a forum, and b) intelligent enough to understand the difference between the obvious grammatical blunders this article is talking about, and grammatic nuances that only the most stuck-up, pedantic of English lit students are going to notice, let alone rule anyone out on the basis of.

You're evidently a self-important pleb trying hard to look like you know what you're talking about; I see right through you, and you don't, so stop being a provocative prick and detracting from what could otherwise be an actually-productive conversation.

I'm sorry you have such trouble talking with women.
Reply 22
I'm sick of every Tom, Dick and Harry with all the combined intelligence of a cup jumping on my threads to take potshots by stringing together some words and feeling self-important for it when they've actually got all the logical grasp of a 10 y/o and haven't a flying **** about what they're talking about. Sit the **** back down.
I'm sick of every Tom, Dick and Harry with all the combined intelligence of a cup jumping on my threads to take potshots by stringing together some words and feeling self-important for it when they've actually got all the logical grasp of a 10 y/o and haven't a flying **** about what they're talking about. Sit the **** back down.

You need a comma after cup.
Reply 24

yes lad on a mad 1
...Where the **** did you learn your English?

Why did you start that sentence with an ellipsis?
Reply 26
"Unlucky Boys"?? what? so you really expect me to read that long article lol. Atleast summarise it in your question lol
Having good grammar is obviously important, I don't need an article to tell me that. Probably better to go out and actually talk to people/women instead of wasting your life reading articles on how to get women. Oh and pm'ing girls on tsr and failing doesn't count as talking to and flirting with women.
Not that I use dating sites, but given the fact that I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi, at least I know I'd have yet another edge :u:
Reply 29
Original post by SwedishRedhead
At least you get dates, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

Wait, you're not a girl? o.O I could have sworn you were.
Original post by Tom Jickleson
*grammar moron.

Right...
Reply 31
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Why did you start that sentence with an ellipsis?

You've been outed as someone that thought he was clever, got his arse handed to him, and is now resorting to trolling to save face. Leave with some dignity, for God's sake.
You've been outed as someone that thought he was clever, got his arse handed to him, and is now resorting to trolling to save face. Leave with some dignity, for God's sake.

I've literally never posted my academic credentials on this forum and have only ever discussed them with 2 people from here.
Reply 33
Original post by Zzzyax
"Unlucky Boys"?? what? so you really expect me to read that long article lol. Atleast summarise it in your question lol

It's like 200 words...

Anyway.

It's research saying that guys on Tinder don't care about a girl's grammar, but girls do, reducing guys' chances by as much as 14%.
On the contrary to the generalisation the OP suggests. If someone were to message me on an online dating site with poor grammar they would be rejecting immediately. Well, I mean, making the your error would be overlooked once or twice. But if it was consistent... Nahhh.
Reply 35
everyone takes an L
Reply 36
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I've literally never posted my academic credentials on this forum and have only ever discussed them with 2 people from here.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about this thread. You started off on a high horse implying the article was relevant to me because my grammar was inferior, and fell off it once I made it clear you were talking out of your arse, after which you proceeded to troll my subsequent posts for non-existent grammatical errors to save face in front of everyone else and make yourself out to be the apathetic troll.

TL;DR: you ****ed up, son.
Reply 37

It's research saying that guys on Tinder don't care about a girl's grammar, but girls do, reducing guys' chances by as much as 14%.

Being <5'10" reduces guys' chances by 100%
Original post by Tom Jickleson
*grammar moron.

Attachment not found
Reply 39
Original post by ubisoft
Being <5'10" reduces guys' chances by 100%

My anecdotal evidence runs contrary, so I can only imagine this problem is one yielded by your independent experiences in the field. Sorry to hear that. xx

Quick Reply

Latest