The Student Room Group

Offer confirmed in email from uni but not on track?

I received an email confirming that I had offer from QMUL for biomedical sciences Friday evening/early Saturday morning and it still hasn't updated on Track. I've already achieved the grades required but the email stated that my offer was conditional. There's also no update on my QMUL applicant portal. My sister, who's in Year 13 and hasn't yet achieved the grades, applied to the same course and she got an email from UCAS a few hours before me to say that she'd also received a conditional offer, but no email from QMUL. Is it possible that QMUL sent me the email by mistake?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasaminO_o
I received an email confirming that I had offer from QMUL for biomedical sciences Friday evening/early Saturday morning and it still hasn't updated on Track. I've already achieved the grades required but the email stated that my offer was conditional. There's also no update on my QMUL applicant portal. My sister, who's in Year 13 and hasn't yet achieved the grades, applied to the same course and she got an email from UCAS a few hours before me to say that she'd also received a conditional offer, but no email from QMUL. Is it possible that QMUL sent me the email by mistake?

Congratulations on your offer!

There's nothing to worry about - them emailing you directly is an offer. It doesn't need to be updated anywhere else + UCAS Track has been playing up a ton the last few days! Just enjoy your offer, don't panic :P If you're really that worried, say in a weeks time, there's no harm in just emailing the University! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Congratulations on your offer!

There's nothing to worry about - them emailing you directly is an offer. It doesn't need to be updated anywhere else + UCAS Track has been playing up a ton the last few days! Just enjoy your offer, don't panic :P If you're really that worried, say in a weeks time, there's no harm in just emailing the University! :smile:

Awh thanks for taking the time to help! I phoned up directly afterwards as it stated it was conditional and I've already acheived higher than their requirements. They said they'd sent it out in error and hadn't even looked at my application yet, but I got an unconditional offer a few hours later so it turned out alright in the end :smile:
Awh thanks for taking the time to help! I phoned up directly afterwards as it stated it was conditional and I've already acheived higher than their requirements. They said they'd sent it out in error and hadn't even looked at my application yet, but I got an unconditional offer a few hours later so it turned out alright in the end :smile:

Did you have an interview??
Reply 4
Original post by 

Nah, it's only biomed haha
Nah, it's only biomed haha

Do Biomedicine not offer interviews? I assumed many people applied to it not just as a backup
Btw is it a Backup for you?
Reply 6

Very mysterious indeed. Perhaps this video might be relevent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIkqEnVG8I
Reply 7
Original post by 
Do Biomedicine not offer interviews? I assumed many people applied to it not just as a backup
Btw is it a Backup for you?

Yeah, I don't particularly want to do it but at least this means I stand a chance at transfering to medicine or going for graduate entry if my application falls through this year
Original post by 

How did you make your username?! That's genuinely impressive.
Yeah, I don't particularly want to do it but at least this means I stand a chance at transfering to medicine or going for graduate entry if my application falls through this year

Where else for medicine have you applied? Did you do UKCAT, if so what score did u get???
Just out of interest.
Original post by Princepieman
How did you make your username?! That's genuinely impressive.

Spoiler

btw hit me up sometime :wink:.
if not then get forward this message to your sister :*

Tah
Original post by 
btw hit me up sometime :wink:.
if not then get forward this message to your sister :*

Tah

The thirst tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 
Where else for medicine have you applied? Did you do UKCAT, if so what score did u get???
Just out of interest.

ICL, KCL, Manchester and Exeter with a UKCAT score of 2890 Band 1
ICL, KCL, Manchester and Exeter with a UKCAT score of 2890 Band 1

Wow well done.
Are you doing the BMAT then? What are your achieved grades?
Original post by 
Wow well done.
Are you doing the BMAT then? What are your achieved grades?

I should probably start doing some serious revision lol. And A*A*BB in bio, chem, maths and latin/greek with extenuating circumstances, so I'll be resitting a couple of exams. How was your UKCAT?
I should probably start doing some serious revision lol. And A*A*BB in bio, chem, maths and latin/greek with extenuating circumstances, so I'll be resitting a couple of exams. How was your UKCAT?

Original post by 

Congrats on the 4 offers you'll be getting this year then lol
Congrats on the 4 offers you'll be getting this year then lol

Lol i'm applying to 2 BMAT
Original post by 
Lol i'm applying to 2 BMAT

Wtf why? Your UKCAT is so high?! Where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending