The Student Room Group

How many hours are u timetabled for at uni.

Hi I study Biochem at uni, and I was wondering how many hours everyone is timetables for on thier course, specifically for lab based degrees such as biochem and biomed etc. Thanx :smile:
P.s. I have about 17 hours one week and alternate to 9 hours the next, including workshops lectures tutorials and practicals i feel like this is less?
Reply 1
Bumpity bump
I do education studies, I'm only in uni for 8 hours a week LOOOOOOL
I have about 15-18 a week :smile: (Biological Sciences)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I do 15 hours a week, up to 18 hours next term (Physics)
I was going to do Biochemistry before deciding to abandon the idea of university. I believe its in the order of 15 hours plus a week. Given its a science, contact time is much greater. I'm doing a cadetship which has a load of scientific principles involved and a lot of mathematics for navigation and I get 20 hours a week contact.
Reply 6
Original post by Changing Skies
I have about 15-18 a week :smile: (Biological Sciences)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi do u think alternating between 9 and 15 hours is too less?
Reply 7
about 21-24 hours in first and second year

third year: 1st semester about 16; next semester with the main bulk of lab work for the research project hours will go up but I'll have 2 hours of lectures
Reply 8
Original post by Nununu
Hi I study Biochem at uni, and I was wondering how many hours everyone is timetables for on thier course, specifically for lab based degrees such as biochem and biomed etc. Thanx :smile:
P.s. I have about 17 hours one week and alternate to 9 hours the next, including workshops lectures tutorials and practicals i feel like this is less?

Just started first year of Biochem, and I do 17 hours a week too :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by HAnwar
Just started first year of Biochem, and I do 17 hours a week too :smile:

Yh but i alternate between 9 and 17 is this too less
Reply 10
Original post by Nununu
Yh but i alternate between 9 and 17 is this too less

Maybe because it's only October yet, and the hours will build up later on?
Next week I only go in for 5 hours as I have reading week.
For maths and physics, I currently have 15 hours of lectures(18, 50 min each) and three 50 min problems classes(of different types) each week.
That'll go up for term 2 though.
12 per week.
Reply 13
20 on average. I study Pharmacy.
Dispensing and lab practicals are 3 hours long each. Chemistry lectures are 2 hour long. The rest of the lectures are one hour long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
12 hours (split 8 hours for Linguistics - 4 lectures 4 seminars and 4 hours for French - 4 seminars)
3rd year english and 6 hours a week.
Original post by Nunu1
Hi do u think alternating between 9 and 15 hours is too less?

Honestly I don't think so! My timetable is really empty a lot of the time, the only thing that increases the hours is the 9-5 on a Thursday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
21 right now for Maths.
Reply 18
Hmmm it seems my 13 hours avreage is a bit on the lower side for a science but we will have more second semaster. Thanx all, anyone else wanna say how many they do ?
I do 14 in my final year. It was probably a bit higher in the first and second years but my timetable changes in january and will be a lot less

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending