The Student Room Group

How to lower my standards??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm sorry anon, I have destroyed your thread. But seriously don't worry about it, you don't need to lower your standars at all. Just be confident and happy with in yourself and the right guy will come :h:

Haha, dw, it's entertaining to read :lol:
Showering 3 times a day, that's a first :tongue:

Original post by TorpidPhil
Oh and @ OP.

When you get desperate enough. Like me. Standards just go out the window one by one. At the moment my only standard is that she is a nice person. Open minded. And not massively fat. Oh and obviously hygienic. but really that's not asking for much. I ignore pretty much everything else.

Haha, ah right XD so when I hit 30 and I'm potentially still single, I might have a chance of lowering my standard then? XD

Really? Why though? Everybody I know seems to think it's a terrible thing to have high standards XD

Original post by marco14196
Don't doubt yourself. If man were to accept what they had, we as a species wouldn't be where we are today. Don't feel disheartened aiming at the high end of the market and not succeeding. Keep hammering at it, you'll find a lovely guy

Haha, using the evolution argument, I like it. To be honest, that's true. But it just feels like I'm constantly setting myself up for failure by aiming so high XD
I guess if I started wearing make-up, that could help me a bit?
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Washing every 2 days sounds ridiculous as well... Unless we are talking about using soap and shampoo?

How much do you wash then?:eyeball:
Original post by Anonymous

Haha, ah right XD so when I hit 30 and I'm potentially still single, I might have a chance of lowering my standard then? XD

Really? Why though? Everybody I know seems to think it's a terrible thing to have high standards XD

Well I'm 20 and still seemingly eternally single. And only 20 by 2months so... Not that far off...

Wearing make-up would help though. If you do it properly anyway. Just use eyeliner and concealer. Don't need to go crazy. The difference that that alone makes is ridiculous.

Haha, using the evolution argument, I like it. To be honest, that's true. But it just feels like I'm constantly setting myself up for failure by aiming so high XD
I guess if I started wearing make-up, that could help me a bit?

I guess it would help but remember, all guys are different. Some guys drool over dolled up girls who go the full 100 yards to look like art pieces. Other guys(like me) much prefer natural beauty outright. It entirely depends on who you are setting your sights on.
Original post by Oh no not again!
How much do you wash then?:eyeball:

Each morning, except the weekends.

Then a quick shower with just water after a good work-out and before going out.
The scab part sounds like bull**** , like wtf?
Well I'm 20 and still seemingly eternally single. And only 20 by 2months so... Not that far off...

Wearing make-up would help though. If you do it properly anyway. Just use eyeliner and concealer. Don't need to go crazy. The difference that that alone makes is ridiculous.

Well, ****. I'm basically 18 so it looks like I could very well be in your position when I'm your age D:

I think I'll try it out. Hopefully it will improve my face slightly :lol:

Original post by marco14196
I guess it would help but remember, all guys are different. Some guys drool over dolled up girls who go the full 100 yards to look like art pieces. Other guys(like me) much prefer natural beauty outright. It entirely depends on who you are setting your sights on.

The amusing thing about that, is that a lot of guys can't tell when a girl is wearing make-up. So when they say that they prefer the 'natural look', they're almost always referring to subtle make-up look which is a long way away from the hot mess that a lot of girls look like without make-up on XD XD
Original post by TSR Mustafa
The scab part sounds like bull**** , like wtf?

No bull****, it's true. It seriously grossed me out, he was doing it so casually too. It was a double period of biology and I was stuck next to him the entire time. Grossest thing ever D:
No bull****, it's true. It seriously grossed me out, he was doing it so casually too. It was a double period of biology and I was stuck next to him the entire time. Grossest thing ever D:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh that made me laugh so much! Thanks OP.
Well, ****. I'm basically 18 so it looks like I could very well be in your position when I'm your age D:

I think I'll try it out. Hopefully it will improve my face slightly :lol:

The amusing thing about that, is that a lot of guys can't tell when a girl is wearing make-up. So when they say that they prefer the 'natural look', they're almost always referring to subtle make-up look which is a long way away from the hot mess that a lot of girls look like without make-up on XD XD

Not good. Don't do that. Do anything to avoid it. It sucks :frown:

Just want to say you are soooooooooooooooooooo right about the second part. Most guys don't have a clue about make-up but I am telling you right now eyeliner makes everyone, guys included, way more attractive for most people. Human eyes are beautiful things. Eyeliner draws you into them rather than one's wrinkly skin :P Mascara on the other hand is far easier to get wrong.

If you want a fairly objective rating of your make-up routine I can provide a male's perspective XD
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Each morning, except the weekends.

Then a quick shower with just water after a good work-out and before going out.

But didn't you just say that washing every two days was "ridiculous":colonhash:?

You're just contradicting yourself.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh that made me laugh so much! Thanks OP.

Always happy to be the source of amusement :wink:

Not good. Don't do that. Do anything to avoid it. It sucks :frown:

Just want to say you are soooooooooooooooooooo right about the second part. Most guys don't have a clue about make-up but I am telling you right now eyeliner makes everyone, guys included, way more attractive for most people. Human eyes are beautiful things. Eyeliner draws you into them rather than one's wrinkly skin :P Mascara on the other hand is far easier to get wrong.

If you want a fairly objective rating of your make-up routine I can provide a male's perspective XD

I can imagine :frown: dear gosh, I really hope somebody pities me enough to date me before I actually turn 18 XD

The power of eyeliner, eh? :wink: I find it amusing that a lot of guys can't tell when a girl is wearing eyeliner though :lol: Mascara scares me D: that stabby wand thing is potentially lethal D:

My make up routine at the moment: wake up. Brush teeth. Shower. Tie back hair. Vaseline on lips. Leave house :lol:
Always happy to be the source of amusement :wink:

I can imagine :frown: dear gosh, I really hope somebody pities me enough to date me before I actually turn 18 XD

The power of eyeliner, eh? :wink: I find it amusing that a lot of guys can't tell when a girl is wearing eyeliner though :lol: Mascara scares me D: that stabby wand thing is potentially lethal D:

My make up routine at the moment: wake up. Brush teeth. Shower. Tie back hair. Vaseline on lips. Leave house :lol:

You don't moisturise? Ha. I shave and moisturise on top of that. Oh... I do't tie my hair back. But I always comb it and style it with product... If I'm really really trying (meeting someone specific or interview) I'll wear brow-gel on my eyelashes and eyebrows as well as concealer if need be. Just swap the brow-gel for eyeliner and pluck your eyebrows so you don't have stray hairs. *makes an a-OK sign with fingers* Beauty :smile:
Just look in the mirror and thy should drop bbz
Original post by TheSexyApple
Just look in the mirror and thy should drop bbz

Ahahahahahaha fkin gold mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Ahahahahahaha fkin gold mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

show ur appreciation by showering me in reps x
Original post by TheSexyApple
show ur appreciation by showering me in reps x

I'm afraid I can't do that on mobile bbz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't lower your standards girl, never settle for an ordinary specimen!

Quick Reply

Latest