The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Which departments did you guys go to? The head made the atmosphere to competitive- and you need an average of an A to do 4 A-levels. Are you guys gonna opt for 3 or 4?

4 a levels I'm doing about u ?did you hear the speech when did you go?
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
4 a levels I'm doing about u ?did you hear the speech when did you go?

I was there from 6:15-9 and I went to the last speech, and you?
Oh you replied before I had to sneakily delete it and direct it to the both of you :tongue:
Yes I did, you might have seen me, I was the black guy with a navy blue hoodie lol :tongue:

No I didn't I don't think I saw plenty of others from school though lol warning I think there's gunno be a lot if competition for non - partner schools from my year mostly everyone is applying😁
No I didn't I don't think I saw plenty of others from school though lol warning I think there's gunno be a lot if competition for non - partner schools from my year mostly everyone is applying😁

haha- then I'll blow them out of the park :wink:. I asked for my interview to be very late like 10th feb, 23 and 24, with preference to the 23rd. A lot of people from my school are applying- I saw like everyone lol
haha- then I'll blow them out of the park :wink:. I asked for my interview to be very late like 10th feb, 23 and 24, with preference to the 23rd. A lot of people from my school are applying- I saw like everyone lol

Yeah pretty much the same tbh. Did you give in your application form on the day? I didn't oops do i just send to via post to them?
Yeah pretty much the same tbh. Did you give in your application form on the day? I didn't oops do i just send to via post to them?

Yeah, or you could hand it i personally if you can be bothered. I didn't hand it in on the day, because i wasnt 100 percent show about my subjects lol., the deadline for applications is in either January or February( think 5th of feb) so you have time.
Yeah, or you could hand it i personally if you can be bothered. I didn't hand it in on the day, because i wasnt 100 percent show about my subjects lol., the deadline for applications is in either January or February( think 5th of feb) so you have time.

Alrite that's ok then i'm just going to post it too much to go all the way just to hand the form in lol are you taking 3 or 4 a alevels then, the principal was making it out as though only the top gcse students should pick 4 a levels which i think is true cos it's more hard work
Alrite that's ok then i'm just going to post it too much to go all the way just to hand the form in lol are you taking 3 or 4 a alevels then, the principal was making it out as though only the top gcse students should pick 4 a levels which i think is true cos it's more hard work

I'm hoping to do 4 if they allow me :tongue:., it's because most people will have done 3 with the modular a levels, but now they're mostly linear it will be a lot harder. What do you want to do 3 or 4? I put 4 on the sheet :tongue:. Are you going to the heckmondwike open?
I'm hoping to do 4 if they allow me :tongue:., it's because most people will have done 3 with the modular a levels, but now they're mostly linear it will be a lot harder. What do you want to do 3 or 4? I put 4 on the sheet :tongue:. Are you going to the heckmondwike open?

Im thinking of doing 4 and yeah I'm going to the hecky open in January areyou?
A lot of people from my school were thinking of applying but they didn't like the open evening x i liked it loads tho so i'm going x
From non-partnership school

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was there from 6:15-9 and I went to the last speech, and you?

6:15 to around 7:40 I think what was the last speech about?
6:15 to around 7:40 I think what was the last speech about?

It was all the same thing :tongue:

Original post by Himani Vadhia
A lot of people from my school were thinking of applying but they didn't like the open evening x i liked it loads tho so i'm going x
From non-partnership school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which subjects? And did you apply already?
It was all the same thing :tongue:

Which subjects? And did you apply already?

Oh right which departments did you visit and why did you stay for the whole thing.
Oh right which departments did you visit and why did you stay for the whole thing.

Biology, chemistry,history,maths,economics and psychology. Not sure haha- I just kept asking loads of questions lol- I really enjoyed the open evening+ the psychology and maths speeches were sooooo long.
Biology, chemistry,history,maths,economics and psychology. Not sure haha- I just kept asking loads of questions lol- I really enjoyed the open evening+ the psychology and maths speeches were sooooo long.

what was psychology like? i wanted to visit it but had to dash and what did they say in the speech for it?
what was psychology like? i wanted to visit it but had to dash and what did they say in the speech for it?

I like your new display picture btw- psychology was alright- I now know that I wouldn't want to do it at A-level.

She basically started with myths of psychology- e.g it's an easy/side subject and it's not a real science- she was sort of defending her subject loads :tongue:. Then she went through all the different topics(which can be found in the prospectus I believe) and how anything goes with psychology- she said there's a lot of research involved too.
I like your new display picture btw- psychology was alright- I now know that I wouldn't want to do it at A-level.

She basically started with myths of psychology- e.g it's an easy/side subject and it's not a real science- she was sort of defending her subject loads :tongue:. Then she went through all the different topics(which can be found in the prospectus I believe) and how anything goes with psychology- she said there's a lot of research involved too.

Thank you :biggrin:
Why don't you want to do it I'm considering it and then dropping it after a year but I'm not sure now tbh
Thank you :biggrin:
Why don't you want to do it I'm considering it and then dropping it after a year but I'm not sure now tbh

Psychology is linear, as are most of the subjects, so you will have to do it for the full 2 years. It just didn't appeal to me, it seemed incredibly boring, even if I could get a good grade in it- it would just be me memorising the textbook lol
Psychology is linear, as are most of the subjects, so you will have to do it for the full 2 years. It just didn't appeal to me, it seemed incredibly boring, even if I could get a good grade in it- it would just be me memorising the textbook lol

I didn't realise it was linear that's rubbish I'm sure I can drop it though after a year I'm seriously thinking of doing it
I didn't realise it was linear that's rubbish I'm sure I can drop it though after a year I'm seriously thinking of doing it

Why would you drop it? You would do a year of it for no qualification aha- you should either do it for the 2 years or not at all :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest