The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
strong stat distortion to suit your argument

Alright sorry, it's just that the all comps stats were harder to find.

Here they are though, all comps 2015/16

Giroud: 5 goals in 523 mins

Rooney: 6 goals in 1,153 mins

Rooney scored his first away goal in the league last weekend. Last time he scored; November 2014

Case closed.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Alright sorry, it's just that the all comps stats were harder to find.

Here they are though, all comps 2015/16

Giroud: 5 goals in 523 mins

Rooney: 6 goals in 1,153 mins

imagine thinking I was serious though

everyone knows Rooney's been poverty
...except LVG apparently
something something philoshofee
Arshavin > Current Rooney
^. Dare Rooney to score 4 goals vs Liverpool.
Original post by Zürich
Cant wait for Shed End's reaction when Chelsea get turned over by Millwall on and off the pitch in next season's Championship.

True old school Chelsea fans will love it, all 10,000 of them

Indeed.

Things are getting so bad at Chelsea that many Blues fans are wondering who to support next.
Original post by Zürich
Cant wait for Shed End's reaction when Chelsea get turned over by Millwall on and off the pitch in next season's Championship.

True old school Chelsea fans will love it, all 10,000 of them

You keep saying that and yet it never happens...
Original post by shawn_o1
^They'll keep banning you until you give up

I'm not even banned anymore mate, that's why it's so ridiculous...
Original post by Rk2k14
^. Dare Rooney to score 4 goals vs Liverpool.

I believe that Arsenal/Arshavin had 4 shots in that game. It finished 4-4.

That goal ratio really hurt my soul.
Looooool, those last 3 pages, @atom y humber getting his jimmies well and truly rustled. Inb4 "pleb"
Never seen someone so good at losing arguments and then chucking out insults to detract from the rekage being dished out. Must be Jose's protégé.

@midnightice difeo was right (for once) that was pretty poverty, come on pal you're a lot better than that :wink:

Just pleased @e aí rapaz saved our blushes with that stat post, tbh Giroud>Rooney for at least 18 months now, would be interested to see united fans view on whether he should be at the Euro's, because if we're taking 3 strikers I can easily name 2 I'd rather have no matter what, and potentially a 3rd choice I'd be much happier with than him....
Ohhhh Hectorrr...

Reply 8933
Huge huge huge opportunity for Ox to improve.. & to eventually prove he's not as bad as he's making himself look

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, it's Ox's time now, he has the platform.

Have to say on the evidence of this season, Wenger really likes to take his time with team building, working with what he has and experimenting with putting players in particular positions rather than going out and buying hoping it will solve problems. It's all about that team chemistry. So happy we have moved away from defensive possession from 2013-2014 too. That Arteta + Flam centre was just so slow.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
Looooool, those last 3 pages, @atom y humber getting his jimmies well and truly rustled. Inb4 "pleb"
Never seen someone so good at losing arguments and then chucking out insults to detract from the rekage being dished out. Must be Jose's protégé.

@midnightice difeo was right (for once) that was pretty poverty, come on pal you're a lot better than that :wink:

Just pleased @e aí rapaz saved our blushes with that stat post, tbh Giroud>Rooney for at least 18 months now, would be interested to see united fans view on whether he should be at the Euro's, because if we're taking 3 strikers I can easily name 2 I'd rather have no matter what, and potentially a 3rd choice I'd be much happier with than him....

Sturridge(when fit) and Kane, Sterling if you count him as a striker I guess. Walcott too I'd have at ST over Rooney considering that England have been very good at transition football over the years.

Possibly Vardy if he keeps it up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Go arsenal!
Original post by jam277
Sturridge(when fit) and Kane, Sterling if you count him as a striker I guess. Walcott too I'd have at ST over Rooney considering that England have been very good at transition football over the years.

Possibly Vardy if he keeps it up.

Walcott won't be played up top imo, we don't have any top wingers tbh. If you bundle the top 4 positions (lw rw cam st) and say we'll take 8 as of now I'd pick Walcott Sterling Stuzza Vardy Kane Ox Rooney plus 1 form player (Llama or Mr. Boring so Liverpool fans don't get butthurt?)

Then again Woy still apparently feels bad about his time at Liverpool, loves a bit of Scrappy Doo and loves Wayne so expecting a midfield and striker line up of:

Hendo Wilshere
Ibe Rooney Milner
Sturridge

With Ings and Llama as impact subs (potentially add in Gomez and Flanagan to the roster as "top young defensive talents")

With Waheem not taken because "he's a money gwabbing pwick"
Original post by leinad2012
Walcott won't be played up top imo, we don't have any top wingers tbh. If you bundle the top 4 positions (lw rw cam st) and say we'll take 8 as of now I'd pick Walcott Sterling Stuzza Vardy Kane Ox Rooney plus 1 form player (Llama or Mr. Boring so Liverpool fans don't get butthurt?)

Then again Woy still apparently feels bad about his time at Liverpool, loves a bit of Scrappy Doo and loves Wayne so expecting a midfield and striker line up of:

Hendo Wilshere
Ibe Rooney Milner
Sturridge

With Ings and Llama as impact subs (potentially add in Gomez and Flanagan to the roster as "top young defensive talents":wink:

With Waheem not taken because "he's a money gwabbing pwick"

But we'll be playing the diamond anyway.

If we go 4-4-2 wide I would agree and even then Chamberlain fits the mould better anyway as he's defensively more able and is capable of playing as a midfielder rather than a forward on the wing.

Oh just realised your slight against Liverpool. Good one tbf. Welbeck will play ahead of Sturridge in that case then.
Being completely serious now how Welbeck and Lallana got anywhere near the England team is beyond me. Massive big team bias, disgraceful.

Latest