The Student Room Group

religious people- If you found out that your religion wasn't...

right after you died, how would you honestly feel? I am just wondering because there are at least 5 other religions than your own and if you die and find out it wasn't the 'correct' one would you feel as if you wasted your time? or would you still be okay with it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
right after you died, how would you honestly feel? I am just wondering because there are at least 5 other religions than your own and if you die and find out it wasn't the 'correct' one would you feel as if you wasted your time? or would you still be okay with it?
I used to study Physics at AS level. It was a subject I was not really good in, but I did it any way because I felt it was an important subject which would help me get into the university course I wanted (chemical engineering).

I didn't do well in Physics, in the end. However, I can be comforted in the fact that I did learn some new things which I found interesting, and that at least I tried doing well. It's far better than not having studied the subject or not putting any effort in doing well at all.
Reply 2
Not gonna happen.
Reply 3
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
I used to study Physics at AS level. It was a subject I was not really good in, but I did it any way because I felt it was an important subject which would help me get into the university course I wanted (chemical engineering).

I didn't do well in Physics, in the end. However, I can be comforted in the fact that I did learn some new things which I found interesting, and that at least I tried doing well. It's far better than not having studied the subject or not putting any effort in doing well at all.

lol, when I first read this is, I was like wtf are you telling me this?!
then I read this again and it made sense, such an intelligent way to put it xD
Reply 4
Original post by m3m
Not gonna happen.

elaborate?
lol, when I first read this is, I was like wtf are you telling me this?!
then I read this again and it made sense, such an intelligent way to put it xD
Thank you! If you're interested in game theory, you may want to read this.
Reply 6
I'm a christian and if I died and it turned out there wasn't a God, either:
a) I'd be dead and so wouldn't realize
b) I'd still feel I'd spent a happy and fulfilled life doing my best to love and care for others and have fun.

It'd be no loss honestly!:smile:
Reply 7
Well I don't believe that would happen.
Reply 8
Original post by HAnwar

Me neither! Just saying if it did then I wouldn't feel like I'd wasted my life.
Reply 9
Original post by Wadeca
Me neither! Just saying if it did then I wouldn't feel like I'd wasted my life.

Why not though? You've been worshipping a religion that was fake?
Reply 10
Original post by HAnwar

& if it does...
?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah

Flippin' underrated post.
Reply 12
& if it does...
?

I don't believe it would, so I can't really answer your question sorry.
Reply 13
Original post by HAnwar
I don't believe it would, so I can't really answer your question sorry.

lol ok.
Reply 14
Why not though? You've been worshipping a religion that was fake?

If it was somehow fake/unreal, it's still the best fake/unreal thing there is as it would have helped and encouraged me lead the best and most fulfilled life I could
Original post by HAnwar

what do you believe happens too non believers?

I don't think most people care about the "correct" one. I mean a religious person will worship God in their life and if they get to heaven and they are different from expected who cares? Oh no, God is slightly different. They will still be pretty much the same-the creator of the universe and so on.

If you get to the afterlife most people will simply say "great, I have eternal life here now" not "oh no, I worshiped the Christian God but this is actually Allah, with no Trinity:frown:. Best go back to rot in the ground".

If there is no God all of us will be nothing for eternity, an unspeakably long time, so none of us have anything to celebrate. You can laugh at someone for devoting a small amount of time to a man made god, but ultimately we will all be nothing but dust for eternity. Thus there is nothing to be smug about-you may have got the right call about their being a God or not but you hardly have won anything or are better off because of it.

If there is no God you won't be feeling anything at all. Obviously.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by judogainz
what do you believe happens too non believers?

That's for God to decide.
Original post by HAnwar
That's for God to decide.

worst case scenario
Reply 19
Original post by judogainz
worst case scenario

You tell me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending