The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Yellow 03
Yes, Peckham is the worst! :s-smilie:

Just passing by it on the train, it looked pretty sketch. I was told it's a gang city:\
Reply 121
Original post by CarrieLFR
Try Shoreditch or Camden! They're always pretty live on friday or saturday night :smile:

Still have yet to see both those places. It was a bummer I didn't have time when I was there. All the more reason to go back!
Original post by grvcex97
Still have yet to see both those places. It was a bummer I didn't have time when I was there. All the more reason to go back!

Damn :frown:
If you do come back, be sure to check out the Camden Lock market too. It's awesome :tongue:
are these areas expensive? lol

Not necessarily, there are some very exclusive places there but these are few. Mostly there are loads of coffee shops, bars/pubs, restaurants, art stuff happening so you can take your pick. Even just walking in these areas in the evening after a night out you just meet people effortlessly. They attract a young and fun crowd.

Oh, Covent Garden is another area! (I hope you are taking notes, lol) :tongue: St Martin's lane and Neal's Yard in Covent Garden is lovely and with loads of students.

PS.I can't believe someone suggested Edgware road, lol :facepalm:
Just passing by it on the train, it looked pretty sketch. I was told it's a gang city:\

Yeah, it's one of the worst areas of London. Definitely worse than Hackney.
Original post by CarrieLFR
Damn :frown:
If you do come back, be sure to check out the Camden Lock market too. It's awesome :tongue:

Camden market too, yes!
Reply 126
Not necessarily, there are some very exclusive places there but these are few. Mostly there are loads of coffee shops, bars/pubs, restaurants, art stuff happening so you can take your pick. Even just walking in these areas in the evening after a night out you just meet people effortlessly. They attract a young and fun crowd.

Oh, Covent Garden is another area! (I hope you are taking notes, lol) :tongue: St Martin's lane and Neal's Yard in Covent Garden is lovely and with loads of students.

yes, taking notes and googling everything hahaha. why, what's wrong with Edgware Road? I'm starting to think some people are trying to endanger me lol
where are you looking to study?
I'm going to study abroad in London soon and was wondering where the best places to socialize or just have a good evening out with friends are in the London area(:

shepherds bush/white city is a great place!
Reply 129
Original post by dash52
where are you looking to study?

UCL or King's
UCL or King's

I'm looking to study at UCL as well but the student satisfaction rates are quite low.
Reply 131
Original post by dash52
I'm looking to study at UCL as well but the student satisfaction rates are quite low.

Yeah, I'm torn between those two.. Oh really? Where can you look at that?

I used to frequent it a lot,it's in central London and close to Hyde park. It's good for restaurants and cafe and if you're into trying out middle eastern cuisine of course
yes, taking notes and googling everything hahaha. why, what's wrong with Edgware Road? I'm starting to think some people are trying to endanger me lol

Edgware rd is not dangerous but has a very ghetto feel to it - it is a big focal point for the Muslim population in London so all places there are centred around muslim and Asian culture (shops, halal food etc.) There's nothing wrong with that of course, but unless you have that specific interest or background it's not that exciting or interesting.

I know a few guys. PM me so I can link it to you.
Reply 135

I recommend UCL, my brother studied there for like 8 years and loved it.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Edgware rd is not dangerous but has a very ghetto feel to it - it is a big focal point for the Muslim population in London so all places there are centred around muslim and Asian culture (shops, halal food etc.) There's nothing wrong with that of course, but unless you have that specific interest or background it's not that exciting or interesting.

shut up
Peckham/ Brixton lovely sociable areas :h:
Reply 139

thanks! So I see it's mainly the teaching quality and facilities are not satisfying:\