The Student Room Group

Getting into UCL

Personally, I thought the fact of me aplying to UCL would be an entirre joke. Achieving 1B 1C and and fails in the rest of GCSE's . My poor excuse of a school excepted me into the sixthform where i manage to achieve a C in maths U in physics and U in economices. I cry every time i think of it. do you think i can get in? if yes how.
Original post by zzxxDash53xxzz
Personally, I thought the fact of me aplying to UCL would be an entirre joke. Achieving 1B 1C and and fails in the rest of GCSE's . My poor excuse of a school excepted me into the sixthform where i manage to achieve a C in maths U in physics and U in economices. I cry every time i think of it. do you think i can get in? if yes how.

Probably not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

With those grades I think it's better if you resit your A levels again and then apply because UCL is one of the top uni's and I doubt they will accept those grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The entry requirements for UCL economics are A*AA, and there were 12 applicants per place (for 2014 entry at least) - so you simply wouldn't get in with CUU, particularly as you failed economics and your GCSE results imply to them that poor AS levels weren't unexpected (plus, even if you got an offer, you probably wouldn't meet it). Unfortunately there won't be enough spaces for everyone predicted A*AA or higher, so even some of the very best students will fail to get in, and you would therefore be certainly rejected. So there is no point applying in this application cycle to UCL or similar universities.

You therefore have two main options. One choice is to applying to places that ask for around CCC, which you may get offers from, and if you resit several AS level units, you could get in.

If you really want to go to UCL or another top university, your other option is to resit year 12 and some GCSEs. You would then have a chance of getting a competitive set of AS level results, and maybe an offer. You would need to resit some GCSEs though as they will be used in the application process (not to the extent of AS levels - but if two candidates have top AS results, but only one did brilliantly at GCSE, they'll pick that one), and you'd have to carefully choose universities that don't mind you resitting the year.

I know that neither option is particularly ideal, as there's no way to can go to UCL or similar starting in Autumn 2016. Personally, I strongly recommend resitting year 12, working very, very hard, seeing what you get for AS, and going from there.
Original post by AceAttorney123

your piss excuse of an attitude is not appreciated....
Original post by doctorwhofan98
The entry requirements for UCL economics are A*AA, and there were 12 applicants per place (for 2014 entry at least) - so you simply wouldn't get in with CUU, particularly as you failed economics and your GCSE results imply to them that poor AS levels weren't unexpected (plus, even if you got an offer, you probably wouldn't meet it). Unfortunately there won't be enough spaces for everyone predicted A*AA or higher, so even some of the very best students will fail to get in, and you would therefore be certainly rejected. So there is no point applying in this application cycle to UCL or similar universities.

You therefore have two main options. One choice is to applying to places that ask for around CCC, which you may get offers from, and if you resit several AS level units, you could get in.

If you really want to go to UCL or another top university, your other option is to resit year 12 and some GCSEs. You would then have a chance of getting a competitive set of AS level results, and maybe an offer. You would need to resit some GCSEs though as they will be used in the application process (not to the extent of AS levels - but if two candidates have top AS results, but only one did brilliantly at GCSE, they'll pick that one), and you'd have to carefully choose universities that don't mind you resitting the year.

I know that neither option is particularly ideal, as there's no way to can go to UCL or similar starting in Autumn 2016. Personally, I strongly recommend resitting year 12, working very, very hard, seeing what you get for AS, and going from there.

k.
your piss excuse of an attitude is not appreciated....

To be fair, they put it succinctly and politely. Could've been a lot ruder.
Original post by Joseph.S
To be fair, they put it succinctly and politely. Could've been a lot ruder.

Please do try I do not believe you could he was just plain rude

Quick Reply

Latest