The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by KingK16
Omg, how'd it go, you done it already.! What was the interview process like ? Do they do group interview, was it hard? Greenwich is one of my choices. Please help and thanks. Hope you get an offer.

Hey!

It was scary at first, we had a brief welcome and a talk of the university. After all the attendants for the selection day have a litracy and numeracy test. If you pass both you are invited to interview. Lit test was pretty basic and the staff just want to see you can read and write. Numeracy was pretty basic too, questions to do with % fractions decimals. Also the interviewers were very calm and relaxed. All I can say is just be your self ;-) Good luck! Did you apply for Jan16 or sep16?

Mel
Original post by MelD88
Hey!

It was scary at first, we had a brief welcome and a talk of the university. After all the attendants for the selection day have a litracy and numeracy test. If you pass both you are invited to interview. Lit test was pretty basic and the staff just want to see you can read and write. Numeracy was pretty basic too, questions to do with % fractions decimals. Also the interviewers were very calm and relaxed. All I can say is just be your self ;-) Good luck! Did you apply for Jan16 or sep16?

Mel

Thanks so much! Was there a group interview too and does the interview take place on the same day? Im applying for the sep 2016 intake.
hi guys just got an interview for Kings selection day on the 4th November anyone else going?
Reply 263
Original post by KingK16
Thanks so much! Was there a group interview too and does the interview take place on the same day? Im applying for the sep 2016 intake.

Nope no group interview, your are interviewd individually if successful with Lit&Num.

No probe and thanks hope I get in too! if not i'll keep trying! :-) Good luck and ask me anything else you would like help with.
Reply 264
Original post by Kat129
I sent my application off on the day UCAS opened. I have have had acknowledgements back from the 2 that I applied to (Bournemouth and Southampton) but nothing else. It already feels like I have been waiting ages!

Yeah it really does feel like so long ago, I'm trying to stay positive but seeing all these interview offers is really scaring me about what back up plan I'm going to have to take
Wow, I seem a little late to the game this year!

So this is my THIRD time of applying!

Brighton uni, Child Nursing.

First year I didn't get an interview - I'd applied for two degrees and apparently that so no instant strike as to doesnt show commitment, since they are inundated with applicants.

Last year I got an interview, it went relatively well, but I didn't get in by a hair. Two points to be exact, and they emailed encouraging me to apply next year when I asked for feedback.

So here I am, applying again. Hopefully they'll be so sick of reading my personal statement that they'll give up and let me on!

I'm a 33 year old single mother of two crazy but amazing boys.

My experience, I worked as a veterinary nurse, albeit many moons ago. I have first hand experience of a very ill child, in hospital a lot, crazy amount of mess and 24 hour care and I'm currently working in a school with severely physically and mentally disabled children. It's an utterly amazing job, it's obviously far more medical that a a main stream school it practices the 6 C's, there's a huge element of nursing in my role, I constantly liaise with physiotherapists, OT's nurses, consultants and SaLT to ensure the child's health, well being and happiness are at the best they can possibly be.

I volunteered here after I failed to get into the degree last year, I loved it so much that I applied for a full time position.

I hope that this help me into the degree.

I've got the interview through for the end of November, I feel less nervous this time as I know what to expect.
Reply 266
Original post by TheSecondDegree
Wow, I seem a little late to the game this year!

So this is my THIRD time of applying!

Brighton uni, Child Nursing.

First year I didn't get an interview - I'd applied for two degrees and apparently that so no instant strike as to doesnt show commitment, since they are inundated with applicants.

Last year I got an interview, it went relatively well, but I didn't get in by a hair. Two points to be exact, and they emailed encouraging me to apply next year when I asked for feedback.

So here I am, applying again. Hopefully they'll be so sick of reading my personal statement that they'll give up and let me on!

I'm a 33 year old single mother of two crazy but amazing boys.

My experience, I worked as a veterinary nurse, albeit many moons ago. I have first hand experience of a very ill child, in hospital a lot, crazy amount of mess and 24 hour care and I'm currently working in a school with severely physically and mentally disabled children. It's an utterly amazing job, it's obviously far more medical that a a main stream school it practices the 6 C's, there's a huge element of nursing in my role, I constantly liaise with physiotherapists, OT's nurses, consultants and SaLT to ensure the child's health, well being and happiness are at the best they can possibly be.

I volunteered here after I failed to get into the degree last year, I loved it so much that I applied for a full time position.

I hope that this help me into the degree.

I've got the interview through for the end of November, I feel less nervous this time as I know what to expect.

Good luck! 3rd time lucky I hope
Original post by Figroll97
when abouts did you send off your application?

15th October is when everything was sent off :smile:
Original post by AnnaBroekman
Just wondering (sorry to butt in!) when you were interviewed for King's?

Hey, it's no problem. My selection day was 11th Feb 2015, and my subsequent interview was 10th March 2015!

I got the MMI invitation exactly a week after my selection day, and I got a selection day interview on 9th January.

:-)
Original post by MelD88
Nope no group interview, your are interviewd individually if successful with Lit&Num.

No probe and thanks hope I get in too! if not i'll keep trying! :-) Good luck and ask me anything else you would like help with.

Oh thank god, theres no groupy, Im sooo bad at speaking in groups :frown: What kind of questions did they ask you? And goooood Luck, Im sure you'll get in ! Did you apply for the Avery hills one ?
ahh good luck to everyone who has interviews in the next few months! My interview for LJMU is on Wednesday. Starting to feel the nerves now :frown: any one else going the same day? xoxo
Original post by fc93
Congrats for the interview and good luck! Third time lucky I'm sure! Are you applying to the same universities as before? Did you get any feedback as to why you were unsuccessful before?

I'm sure this will be your year! :smile:

Not heard anything back except sending some documents to Kings, and I sent my form on the 15th Sept!

Applying to King's, LSBU, Notts, City and Kingston.

Xx

Yes I have applied for the same universities each time, I was lucky enough to meet with one of the tutors who gave the presentation at my last interview and she said the feedback she had been given was that I was saying all the right things I just wasn't linking it back to personal experiences. And that I need to try and remain calm :colondollar: (easier said than done!)

Wishing you lots of luck

xoxo
Reply 272
Original post by KingK16
Oh thank god, theres no groupy, Im sooo bad at speaking in groups :frown: What kind of questions did they ask you? And goooood Luck, Im sure you'll get in ! Did you apply for the Avery hills one ?

The usual why nursing, what would you do? What's skills can you bring? Think I could have done better in my interview as I was so nervous.
Reply 273
Original post by AshlieDanielle
Yes I have applied for the same universities each time, I was lucky enough to meet with one of the tutors who gave the presentation at my last interview and she said the feedback she had been given was that I was saying all the right things I just wasn't linking it back to personal experiences. And that I need to try and remain calm :colondollar: (easier said than done!)

Wishing you lots of luck

xoxo

Well will keep everything crossed for you at LJMU! :smile:
Original post by AshlieDanielle
ahh good luck to everyone who has interviews in the next few months! My interview for LJMU is on Wednesday. Starting to feel the nerves now :frown: any one else going the same day? xoxo

How long did LJMU take to get back to you? I'm sending off my application to them next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help!

Has anyone received offers from Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, Uni of Leeds or Uni of Huddersfield yet or an interview date? I'm hoping to study Mental Health Nursing.

I'm also fretting like mad because I have applied for PgDip and Bsc at Hallam (I've previously done a different degree) and I'm worried I'll not get an interview for either because I've applied for two,mor for only the PgDip when I would rather the Bsc. If I pull out of the PgDip I'm then worried I won't get an offer at all?
Anyone applied to uni of birmingham for nursing?
Original post by Swagio
How long did LJMU take to get back to you? I'm sending off my application to them next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application on the Tuesday and got my interview invitation on the Thursday so very quick!

good luck to you! you applying any where else?

xoxo
Original post by fc93
Well will keep everything crossed for you at LJMU! :smile:

Thanks so much! sending lots of luck your way too!
xoxo
Original post by MelD88
Hi!

Me again :-) I have been invited to a selection day on the 23rd for Greenwich adult nursing! Anyone else been invited? Hope so!

Mel x

Hey Mel, how did Greenwich go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending