The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imperion
PREACH!

Miley Cyrus is amazing.... Agree with your other points though :tongue:

Adrian I'm disappointed mate :colonhash:
Women look better in knickers and lingerie than naked.
Original post by liquidconfidence
Adrian I'm disappointed mate :colonhash:

Why? :tongue:

Original post by Plantagenet Crown

That's not so unpopular :tongue:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

LOL lets hope that your girlfriend doesn't see this :tongue:
Original post by Illiberal Liberal

haagen-dazs > ben & jerry's

Call me strange; but I actually prefer plain vanilla to all this fancy flavour ice cream. There's one hagen daz ice cream (I can't remember which one - Vue sell it in tiny tubs) that I do like though.
Original post by selfteaching
9/11 was an inside job, now I'm not some crazy conspiracy theorist, but very rational and I've put in the research, anyone who thinks otherwise i'd advise them to check out the scientific evidence of 9/11 and the testaments of scientists/engineers/experts in their respective fields

rapists/pedophiles should be castrated- surgical, chemical any, (now i'm not sure what the female equivalent would be but I equally frown upon either gender,) then there is no risk of reoffending once they are released after their short ass sentences because the UK legal system is way too soft and lenient, people do more time for tax fraud or money related crimes than sex crimes (if they even are convicted,) which is preposterous.
Explain to me why you're vegan again?
Original post by Imperion
Why? :tongue:
That's not so unpopular :tongue:

BECAUSE BUSH DID 9/11 :biggrin:

omg, let's hope that your girlfriend also doesn't see that...

Spoiler

Original post by liquidconfidence
BECAUSE BUSH DID 9/11 :biggrin:

omg, let's hope that your girlfriend also doesn't see that...

Spoiler

Oh and Obama's a reptile :indiff:

Spoiler

Original post by sandvika

i am glad 9/11 happened and i hope it happens again

I'm interested in the thought process behind this one
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Explain to me why you're vegan again?

i'm not vegan.

I don't see the issue, especially with pedophiles, if they truly want rehabilitation and to eventually be released from prison, why not agree to castration? it will help prevent the temptation of raping children again.
tricking isn't a chav sport.
Reply 31
I think Bollywood is better than Hollywood

I think women are physically inferior to men

It is okay to be gay and Muslim

I think Genelia is a better actress than Kajol and Madhuri

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by eoe
I think Bollywood is better than Hollywood

[video="youtube;jQnhSfxfwBI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnhSfxfwBI[/video]
Reply 33
Palestinians should be blamed for the Holocaust.
Im a girl and i hate feminism in first world countries☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
If I had the opportunity to kill Hitler as a child without any kind of time paradoxes stopping me, I still wouldn't.
Reply 37
Original post by AH127
If I had the opportunity to kill Hitler as a child without any kind of time paradoxes stopping me, I still wouldn't.

:fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The middle east isn't our problem and we should have no part in it's politics unless it directly threatens us.

The religious should get no special treatment that we wouldn't give to members of other ideologies, e.g - tax cuts, time off for prayers.

The patriarchy doesn't exist and women aren't oppressed in our society.

It's better to take precautions to avoid becoming a victim of a crime, then to expect criminals to stop committing crimes.

Some religions/cultures are less compatible with western societies than others. Some are straight up incompatible.

Marriage is absolutely pointless in the 21st century.

The influence of American culture on the rest of the world is a terrible thing and America are only slightly better then the Soviet Union was.

India had the potential to be a very great country. However the greed and corruption of its rulers did more damage to it then being a part of the British Empire did.

People who eat meat should hunt, kill and cook a living animal at least once in their life.

People today (ie - our generation) feel more entitled and are less capable at dealing with life because life is too easy for us. Too many of us are more then happy to give our personal freedom away to the Government in return for them to coddle us like children, so we can avoid taking responsibility for our actions.

EDIT: oh and chocolate with raisins and nuts in it is better than plain chocolate
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by selfteaching
i'm not vegan.

I don't see the issue, especially with pedophiles, if they truly want rehabilitation and to eventually be released from prison, why not agree to castration? it will help prevent the temptation of raping children again.
The scientific and utilitarian results of chemical castration aside, I think that if the prison system has truly reformed them, and society has accepted their penance for their heinous crimes, then they should be treated the same as any other normal citizen. If we were to treat ex-criminals with the expectation that they will re-commit their crimes, then certainly either (or both) of the two conclusions should be reached: 1) our rehabilitative services are not effective, and 2) their penance was not enough.

Furthermore, I don't believe that an ex-convict can ever feel that he can reintegrate into society as an equal, if society treats him with such suspicion by imposing such an imperious measure on him.

Latest