The Student Room Group

Movie to watch with my boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daydreamer4life
Its my turn to pick a movie.

His favourite movies are Memento, Donnie Darko,The Dark Knight, The Pristige and Saving Private Ryan...

I want to chose something that he will enjoy, but that I will enjoy as well.... I don't have any ideas.

Suggestions, anyone? :smile:

Secretary
try chronicle (2012) it's less well known and he may not have seen it
Since you're with him anyway, just pick one of his favourites :smile: He'll be happy and so you will be too!!
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Interstellar is out of this world :ahee: pls watch.

This. Siiick film
The Notebook :mmm:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This. Siiick film

Have u seen The Martian m8? Seems to be just as epic but I haven't watched it yet. Dunno if it's still in the cinema even :/

His favourite movies are Memento, Donnie Darko,The Dark Knight, The Pristige and Saving Private Ryan...

I want to chose something that he will enjoy, but that I will enjoy as well.... I don't have any ideas.

American Sniper?
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Have u seen The Martian m8? Seems to be just as epic but I haven't watched it yet. Dunno if it's still in the cinema even :/

Yes saw two days ago. Honestly left me a little underwhelmed but perhaps my hopes were too high after interstellar + reading the reviews (Think its like 93% on rotten tomatoes)
Reply 28

Contact.

Watched that with my gf and has us talking about it for like a good hour afterwards.
I'm more into Historical, Fantasy or Comedy films. Our tastes are very different :tongue:

If he likes The Prestige and you like historical and fantasy films then the obvious choice would be The Illusionist. Excellent film with a great cast and ending.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes saw two days ago. Honestly left me a little underwhelmed but perhaps my hopes were too high after interstellar + reading the reviews (Think its like 93% on rotten tomatoes)

Yeh high hopes usually ruin movies lmao, will try n lower mine when I watch it fanx
if you like a bit of bloodshed horror and adrenaline, The Mist and The Thing (80's version) are amazing
The Thing from 2011 is also brilliant
Perseus is the prequel for the Alien franchise; I kinda' liked it
Interstellar is ok
Dawn of the planet of the apes is great
I was going to suggest the Illusionist or the Departed but both of them have been said already. They're good movies though.

Identity is also good.
A Serbian Film! It's got to be, the storyline is pretty likeable but the main characters are even better, kinda represents a modern day teen couple! Although, having said that, I split with an ex not long after watching it with her.....
Original post by Xavier617
A Serbian Film! It's got to be, the storyline is pretty likeable but the main characters are even better, kinda represents a modern day teen couple! Although, having said that, I split with an ex not long after watching it with her.....

Nice try, both me and my boyfriend are from the balkans... We were part of the first to hear about this... film :biggrin:
Reply 35
Magic Mike
Nice try, both me and my boyfriend are from the balkans... We were part of the first to hear about this... film :biggrin:

Ahh it was worth a shot xD
Original post by a noble chance
If he likes The Prestige and you like historical and fantasy films then the obvious choice would be Tihe Illusionist. Excellent film with a great cast and ending.

Ahhhh, I was planning to chose this one because it sounds soooooo good, but he's seen it :biggrin: Never mind
Reply 38
Some really good ones are: Memento, Donnie Darko,The Dark Knight, The Pristige and Saving Private Ryan...

Id suggest one of those
Reply 39
Broke back mountain

Quick Reply

Latest