The Student Room Group

I want my boyfriend to be more dominant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by grvcex97
I'm in LA actually lol

Is it a bra or a top?

(the thing you're wearing in your avatar)
Original post by Josb
Is it a bra or a top?

(the thing you're wearing in your avatar)

is this an actual question or indirect judgement of what I'm wearing?
I find it a bit weird how so many women need this. Very strange.
Reply 63
is this an actual question or indirect judgement of what I'm wearing?

It's a question, I'm not disapproving. :biggrin:
This thread :laugh:
Original post by Josb
It's a question, I'm not disapproving. :biggrin:

Well, if you must know, it's a tank top - it's very hot here, in my defense. Now that I look at it, from the way the picture is positioned, it does look like a bra...great
Well, if you must know, it's a tank top - it's very hot here, in my defense. Now that I look at it, from the way the picture is positioned, it does look like a bra...great

Don't let Jabroni Josb (as I like to call him) make you feel uncomfortable. If you need validation about your clothing choices feel free to PM me which includes sending pictures FYI :yy: :yy:
Reply 67
Original post by SmashConcept
Don't let Jabroni Josb (as I like to call him) make you feel uncomfortable. If you need validation about your clothing choices feel free to PM me which includes sending pictures FYI :yy: :yy:

:rofl:
Smooth.
Reply 68
I had the same problem with my boyfriend. Even though I told him, he still wasn't dominant enough with me so I pretty much bought some toys and told him he could choose anything that he wanted out of the box to use during sex. That certainly worked well enough and now the sex is constantly fantastic. Even if your nervous just tell him and more than likely he'll be game to do anything you want. Just always tell each other beforehand what your limits are and what is definantly not allowed.

Kudos. That was pretty smooth.
Reply 70
Perhaps not every other walk, no, but I've yet to date a girl who liked being dominated in the sack and also didn't slot naturally into playing the role of the somewhat deferential date. Vast majority of women tend to like a guy who takes the lead/they feel slightly in awe of :dontknow:

I don't think this is true. Many women like to be independent and actually have a spine in all aspects of life. All because they like being dominated during sex doesn't mean that they are likely to be submissive in life in general.
Original post by Anonymous
Its completely natural. Women (in general) want to be dominated, the science supports this. Thus why feminism is innately flawed

You are talking nonsense. Thus why you are anonymous.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Pick your moment to encourage him to do certain things and also otherwise tell him that you kinda like it if a guy is dominant in the bedroom, almost in passing :innocent:

Fair point. Nowt worse than a sexually unfulfilled/repressed feminist! (see feminists of the ranty variety for reference) :mmm:

Perhaps not every other walk, no, but I've yet to date a girl who liked being dominated in the sack and also didn't slot naturally into playing the role of the somewhat deferential date. Vast majority of women tend to like a guy who takes the lead/they feel slightly in awe of :dontknow:

Outside of fantasy land (and mental illness), in my experience lasses who may rebel a bit against gender norms tend to revert back to them, to some extent, sooner or later in certain conditions/the company of certain characters (whether they’re conscious of/admit to it or not)

Enjoy your 157 PMs :teeth:

Hook me up with an exchange, you nutter! :borat:

Haha, actually I find it kinda hawt to have a girl that doesn't take it lying down.. unless you command her to, (mostly) in private :sexface:

Haha I'm all up for it
Kudos. That was pretty smooth.

The double thumbs up are a seduction technique I learnt from Relationship Counsellor and Dating Coach, Foo.Mp3
ew feminist.

Ok now thats out of the way. Just tell him what you want him to do lol. Not hard lmfao. "Hey can you try being more dominant in the bedroom. I kinda want to be choked. :redface:"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
ew feminist.

Ok now thats out of the way. Just tell him what you want him to do lol. Not hard lmfao. "Hey can you try being more dominant in the bedroom. I kinda want to be choked. :redface:"

Being straight up and honest is always best for a relationship(;
Reply 76
The double thumbs up are a seduction technique I learnt from Relationship Counsellor and Dating Coach, Foo.Mp3

You still have to learn how to make multiple spoilers.
Reply 77
Original post by halliethestudent
Help!!!! Me and my boyfriends sex life is so so great don't get me wrong but I want him to be more controlling during these times. However I'm the sort of girl who's such a feminist and doesn't let anyone tell me what to do and I put people in their place if I do so this is why I'm so shy and embarrassed to tell him because in the past I've been so embarrassed to admit I like it because of the barrier I put up. But during sexy time I want him to talk dirty to me and I want him to pin me down but he treats me as an equal which I know is great but at that time it's not what I want so I need help

When it comes down to it, the only way to get what you want is to ask him or tell him what you want, otherwise he has no way of knowing. Maybe I'm wrong, but from your post you sound like quite a guarded person that doesn't like being vulnerable (i.e. telling your boyfriend what you want from him during sex). You will have to leave your comfort zone and talk to him.

When there's a good enough time to talk to him about this kind of thing (and I stress good enough, as "the perfect time" will never come), bring it up. Maybe the next time you're alone and relaxed together or when you're getting intimate.

If you're maybe thinking in your head "but what will he think (of me) if I tell him this", you have to weigh it up. "How much do I really want this?". In all likelihood, he'll most likely be fine, perhaps even enthusiastic, but it's up to you.

One word of advice just in case, don't make it seem like he's doing something wrong or that you're criticizing him.
Just tell him. I'm pretty up front about things and told my ex boyfriend that I liked to be pinned down etc, nothing extreme.
Say that when he takes control it really turns you on, then suggest things you'd like him to do :biggrin:
Personally, as long as the girl can take initiative and also puts alot of effort in the bedroom (and isn't just a 'submissive starfish' as someone pointed out earlier) then I don't mind being a bit more dominant, however I still don't like being absolutely dominant.

OP, just be honest with the guy, however he may not like being completely dominant, so you should be prepared for a compromise in bed. If he's happy to be dominant though, then fair play.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending