The Student Room Group

Why are more people becoming Vegetarian?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _icecream
I was persuaded by my parents to give up being vegetarian

Why would they do that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bill_Gates
They can't afford good quality meat. The stuff you get in the supermarkets is horrible.

The Co-op meat is very good to be fair to them.
Original post by theonetruequeen
Why would they do that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they did the right thing
Original post by _icecream
I think they did the right thing

You cannot even think to know if they did the right thing. They had to think for you!
That isn't trolling, they use the RSPCA Freedom Foods standard and Red Tractor standard for all their meat.

The quality of their meat is very good. But you wouldn't know that.
Original post by DiddyDec
The Co-op meat is very good to be fair to them.

Tried turkey from there, very dry. Local butchers, farmers markets is where it's at. Charge a little more. No one can be bothered to shop in different places though.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Tried turkey from there, very dry. Local butchers, farmers markets is where it's at. Charge a little more. No one can be bothered to shop in different places though.

Turkey is just a horrible meat no matter the source.
Original post by Jonathan Crane
Humans are naturally omnivorous, choosing to be anything else makes no sense.

Humans are also "naturally" hunter-gatherers who live in extremely simple nomadic structures (and that's pushing the definition of natural) in tribes of a few dozen and dying at an age of 30 so the whole "it's natural so everything else makes no sense" doesn't really work.
More awareness. Information and images/videos they see on the internet.
Original post by DiddyDec
Turkey is just a horrible meat no matter the source.

Disagree, some places do a quality bird around xmas!
Original post by RFowler

I myself have absolutely no intention of cutting out meat from my diet. But I can understand why some people choose to go vegetarian.

This, basically.
What arguments?
I don't understand what you're saying.

I don't care about a chicken getting killed, I like eating chicken. If somebody loves them so much and it bothers them so much that they are killed then it's understandable that they want to be vegetarians. Good for them.
Reply 73
Original post by ChickenMadness
I would because it's just the way of life lol. Lions and other animals eat other animals. Cows also still eat living beings (plants). The only organisms that don't harm innocent living beings are certain micro organisms (even plants end up killing other plants to survive). The rest of us have to kill to survive (including herbivores).

Another logically fallacious appeal to nature, with a dose of mistaking plants for sentient beings; that is, beings that can feel pain and suffer. But, even if it were true that plants could feel pain and suffer, you yourself admit that cows eat plants, so by eating meat, you're responsible for both the suffering of the animal and the plants: it takes a lot more plant protein to produce 1kg of meat than it does to produce 1kg of plant protein.

So, even in that case, there would be a more ethical diet.
No. I like meat.
I have no interest in playing games like this with you. :h:
Out of interest, do you use or would you use any product tested on animals?
Original post by driftawaay
No. I like meat.

Well, that's much worse than not knowing why people choose to be vegetarians and still eating meat.
Reply 78
Meat is the best thing ever. I cannot go more than a day without it.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
You cannot even think to know if they did the right thing. They had to think for you!

At that time I was about 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending