The Student Room Group

Applying for mental health nursing without relevant qualifications HELP!

Hello.

I am wondering if someone can shed some light on this..
My partner is currently working full-time in admin. Hes decided that he wants to go back to uni and do a nursing degree in mental health, He has good gcses and went to college after school to do a BTEC sports diploma level 3 and got the best grades possible. He has some volunteering work under his belt, but this was from 4 years ago (and so was the btec qualification)

Are these qualifications and experience maybe good enough to put him in a good position to get onto the course. The course itself only asks for

280 points with at least 120 points from 2 GCE/VCE full A levels or BTEC National qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. General Studies A level can count towards the points total. We do not accept AS levels.

he has this! but i dont know if the fact he has been out of studies for 4 years makes it basically irrelevant?

Anyway any help or advice would be brill.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by blacklilly
Hello.

I am wondering if someone can shed some light on this..
My partner is currently working full-time in admin. Hes decided that he wants to go back to uni and do a nursing degree in mental health, He has good gcses and went to college after school to do a BTEC sports diploma level 3 and got the best grades possible. He has some volunteering work under his belt, but this was from 4 years ago (and so was the btec qualification)

Are these qualifications and experience maybe good enough to put him in a good position to get onto the course. The course itself only asks for

280 points with at least 120 points from 2 GCE/VCE full A levels or BTEC National qualifications and other qualifications in the UCAS tariff. General Studies A level can count towards the points total. We do not accept AS levels.

he has this! but i dont know if the fact he has been out of studies for 4 years makes it basically irrelevant?

Anyway any help or advice would be brill.

Thank you :smile:

Some univerisities will require study that fairly recent but some don't either. I d say email any he s interested to see what they specifically require, getting some more recent experience would be beneficial and an access course might be helpful for any universities that might not accept sport science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending