The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by connieiscrazy
In another life I would have probably done PPE, it looks so interesting :smile: Haha thanks, I actually sat it last month, I think it went OK but I can't stop panicking over it even though I can't change it now :biggrin:

hahaha thats so interesting, I was actually gunna apply to read Law and almost registered for the LNAT but changed my mind to PPE because I've always been more interested in that. I have to give the TSA in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed it goes well!!
Reply 3641
I got my acknowledgement from Trinity last week! :biggrin: extremely worried for BMAT though!!
Guys does anyone have a good way to study tsa? been averaging at 62-65... need more tests to do
Original post by AzizanW
I mean I applied to Exeter. Sorry for not specifying that. It concerned me because I'm the only one from my college who has not received an email directly from an Oxford college

You're not the only one, I haven't either
The college I've applied to say on their website that decisions regarding who's going to get an interview "are made on the basis of examination results and predicted grades, references and the results in the National Admissions Test for Law (or LNAT)"....does this mean that they don't look at the personal statement, or view it as less important?
Original post by LoveToArgue
The college I've applied to say on their website that decisions regarding who's going to get an interview "are made on the basis of examination results and predicted grades, references and the results in the National Admissions Test for Law (or LNAT)"....does this mean that they don't look at the personal statement, or view it as less important?

Depends on the tutor, but generally it will be of minimal importance. Generally it is only used pre-interview to identify extenuating circumstances.

Sometimes it is used to prompt interview questions.
I went on the UNIQ summer school and they said a good personal statement doesn't do anything but a bad personal statement will stop you getting an interview (they didn't mention the reference, so presuming that has little importance too)
Is anyone else also in that spiral of despair studying for entrance exams and writing essays thinking "man why on earth did I even bother applying" while stuffing their face with chocolate cake ? :frown:
Original post by tamara98
Is anyone else also in that spiral of despair studying for entrance exams and writing essays thinking "man why on earth did I even bother applying" while stuffing their face with chocolate cake ? :frown:

Join the club! Subject?

This is totally me :frown: (though I'm trying not to finish all the ice-cream to save some for when I watch Modern Family!)
Original post by Eux
Join the club! Subject?

Maaaaan I thought I was the only one ! :biggrin:
I applied to read English and French. I have two tests (ELAT and MLAT) on the 4th and I have to write two essays while handling a gigantic amount of school work (not even lying, usually I don't complain but this year's is phenomenal). Oh well. I'm still happy I applied otherwise I would be stuffing my face with chocolate cake regretting it :':wink:
What about you ?

Original post by Omni Vanitas
This is totally me :frown: (though I'm trying not to finish all the ice-cream to save some for when I watch Modern Family!)

Hahaha, good luck !!
Hahaha, good luck !!

You too!! :h::h:

Pretty much life right now tbh.

Definitely feeling some kind of existential crisis coming along next week as I dive more into MAT past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys,I've started preparing since early March but still feeling like I haven't done anything in the meanwhile (IS THAT POSSIBLE? :argh: )
I suppose it's too much chocolate cake.. (and Modern family of course :biggrin: )
Original post by OxSarah
Guys,I've started preparing since early March but still feeling like I haven't done anything in the meanwhile (IS THAT POSSIBLE? :argh: )
I suppose it's too much chocolate cake.. (and Modern family of course :biggrin: )

MARCH?! What? That's so early! You'll smash the test for sure haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been studying and practicing and reading and I feel like I haven't done a thing ! I just want an interview T_T
Original post by OxSarah

Wah wah wah! March!? Wow, don't worry, I'm sure you're quite prepared! Good luck! :tongue:
Original post by Princepieman
MARCH?! What? That's so early! You'll smash the test for sure haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha man I don't think so!I'd love to but we are in the real world :biggrin: Anyway,consider that in these 8 months I had also to cope with school,extracurriculars,IELTS,UKCAT and everything possible in life so try to imagine what I look like at the moment :coma:
Wah wah wah! March!? Wow, don't worry, I'm sure you're quite prepared! Good luck! :tongue:

Haha I hope so :colondollar: Good luck to you too!
Original post by OxSarah
Haha I hope so :colondollar: Good luck to you too!

What are you applying for btw?

Latest

Trending

Trending