The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My favourite pro veganism quotation!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illiberal Liberal
wait wot

who rapes cows? :lolwut:

They inseminate female cows. It's just wrong!

Here you go:

http://veganrabbit.com/the-issues/torture-and-infanticide-why-dairy-is-bad/
Reply 21
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well he has a point, killing animals and cows being raped (animal cruelty in general) is just as immoral as all those immoral acts happening to humans, but apparently animals don't have any nerves and can't sense pain the way we do (!) so carry on eating meat!

Dont worry i will.

And what? I like meat. The taste, texture and the nutrients it provides me. Nothing will ever stop me from eating meat.
Original post by saeed97
Dont worry i will.

And what? I like meat. The taste, texture and the nutrients it provides me. Nothing will ever stop me from eating meat.

It's actually not that nutritious anyway :h: You would find more 'protein' in certain vegetables.
I really hate to dismantle your argument, but we have ancient sources that state that Pythagoras was not a vegetarian. We have sources that say he loved sucking pig and kid. He just didn't eat some viscera of animals (womb, heart, testicles et cetera) and some species of animals.

Don't believe me? I'll be happy to cite you the works of Aristotle, Aristoxenus, as well as Aulus Gellius if you wish.

Spoiler

You are one funny chap :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
It's actually not that nutritious anyway :h: You would find more 'protein' in certain vegetables.

You need to try my mums arabian style lamb and rice dish. You'd throw veganism out the window :smile:
Reply 25
Are you deluded?

Original post by daydreamer4life

1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?

Veganism isn't healthy, it's total bull****. You can have a balanced vegan diet that is somewhat healthy but equally, if you ate dairy and meat, you could have a balanced diet that is much healthier.

Original post by BekahMay

Really didnt realise eggs were that unhealthy

Eating eggs is natural and healthy. They are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Don't listen to the stupid vegan.
Original post by saeed97
You need to try my mums arabian style lamb and rice dish. You'd throw veganism out the window :smile:
If it's so good I'll convert to veganism and back again just so I can have dinner at your place!
Original post by york_wbu

Veganism isn't healthy, it's total bull****. You can have a balanced vegan diet that is somewhat healthy but equally, if you ate dairy and meat, you could have a balanced diet that is much healthier.

Veganism is SOO healthy, it's one of the purest ways of living for you. It's pure nutrient rich food. people seem to assume it's one leaf for breakfast,another for lunch and 2 for dinner. That isn't the case. It's easy to eat in abundance on a vegan diet because you need to consume more and the more you eat, the more you get from your food. That isn't the case with meat and dairy products, I'm sorry but it's not.
I bet Green Peace teaches you that polar bears are cute. Guess what, if you were even in a 5 km radius away from it in the Arctic, it will not think twice to hunt you down (if you're the only accessible source of food within that distance).

Also, male polar bears will kill the cubs of a mother in order to assure his own progeny. Isn't that cute?

I'll make you a deal. You go and persuade a lion to stop eating meat, and I will live the rest of my life on beans and cry.
You wont convert anyone to anything if you talk to them like that, i personally eat meat and i have a friend who is vegan (shocker :s-smilie: the two sides can get along) and the reason we work as friends is because neither of us try and force our views on the other, we respect eachother decisions
Reply 30
Veganism is SOO healthy, it's one of the purest ways of living for you. It's pure nutrient rich food. people seem to assume it's one leaf for breakfast,another for lunch and 2 for dinner. That isn't the case. It's easy to eat in abundance on a vegan diet because you need to consume more and the more you eat, the more you get from your food. That isn't the case with meat and dairy products, I'm sorry but it's not.

I think you're both missing my point. As a non vegan, you can have the exact same diet as a vegan, only you can eat meat as well. Therefor, being a vegan cannot possibly be healthier than being an omnivore. Of Course, unless you're saying that all meat and dairy is bad for you and that humans have been wrong all this time.
(edited 8 years ago)
True, most people do assume that because our ancestors eat meat we must have to yet decide that other aspects of their lives were wrong
Could i ask why youre vegan rather than vegetarian? I know there is still alit of ethical issies with alot of animal products but say for example free range eggs do you have any issue with them?

Often the reason for people being vegan is because the egg/dairy industry leads to other things which are very cruel to animals. Since male chickens cannot be bread for meat (they fight each other) and because they don't produce eggs, 99% of the male chickens which are born while breeding hens for the egg industry are killed at birth. There are videos you can find of how they do it too, they just put them into a big grinder. With dairy, male cows are prevented from moving and killed while they are young (veal) because they cannot produce milk.

Although consuming eggs and dairy may seem innocent, if you take a good look at the industry it might change your opinion. Also, free range changes very little (you can look up the conditions to be classed as 'free range' aka slightly bigger cage).

I don't mean to come off as rude or anything, I'm not vegan myself however I think it is important for people to know why people are vegan.
Original post by york_wbu
Are you deluded?

Eating eggs is natural and healthy. They are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. Don't listen to the stupid vegan.

I will listen to who i want and vegans arent stupid, i know they are nutritional i even ate one for breakfast this morning and i probably will tomorrow but i dont claim to be an egg expert so for all i know they do have quite big fat content
Its okay, youre not as rude as some people on here :smile: i do know about the ethical bits of the dairy insustry hence i only asked about free range eggs
I didnt realise about the free range egg requirements though so thanks for that :smile:
Original post by Louisb19
Often the reason for people being vegan is because the egg/dairy industry leads to other things which are very cruel to animals. Since male chickens cannot be bread for meat (they fight each other) and because they don't produce eggs, 99% of the male chickens which are born while breeding hens for the egg industry are killed at birth. There are videos you can find of how they do it too, they just put them into a big grinder. With dairy, male cows are prevented from moving and killed while they are young (veal) because they cannot produce milk.

Although consuming eggs and dairy may seem innocent, if you take a good look at the industry it might change your opinion. Also, free range changes very little (you can look up the conditions to be classed as 'free range' aka slightly bigger cage).

I don't mean to come off as rude or anything, I'm not vegan myself however I think it is important for people to know why people are vegan.
My favourite quote is "If slaughterhouses were made out of glass, nobody would eat meat" something along those lines :smile:

This is very true. The horrors that take place in factory farms and slaughterhouses are unimaginable...:frown:
Original post by LaMandarine
I bet Green Peace teaches you that polar bears are cute. Guess what, if you were even in a 5 km radius away from it in the Arctic, it will not think twice to hunt you down (if you're the only accessible source of food within that distance).

Also, male polar bears will kill the cubs of a mother in order to assure his own progeny. Isn't that cute?

I'll make you a deal. You go and persuade a lion to stop eating meat, and I will live the rest of my life on beans and cry.

I'm personally fine with hunting, it is part of nature. However torturing and killing 200 billion animals (more than 20 times the human population) per YEAR seems to be far far from lions eating meat.
With regard to 1)
I will use one of your recent quotes to dismantle that

Judging by your above post, you are a lost cause. I will not waste my time explaining to you how oblivious you are. Do a simple google search and you will find a plethora of information countering your above opinions.

With regard to (2) Honey, he didn't suck pigs. He loved suckling pigs, i.e. pigs that were not yet weaned. That's right, he loved taking them from their mama's bosom and roast them whole.

With regard to (3). Jesus **** Christ. No comment, you are a lost cause.

Lastly, nobody has a problem with you being vegan, vegetarian or whatever, regardless of your motifs. You can even use old Pythagoras' quote (even though it's a funny contradiction, given that he was not the Jesus of vegetarians as he is often preached) in support of your reasons, just don't diss your other kin for not doing the same. We are omnivores by nature, so deal with it, or become an antelope and be vegan by nature.
Original post by Yellow 03
This is very true. The horrors that take place in factory farms and slaughterhouses are unimaginable...:frown:

I agree. I remember watching a video of it, I don't actually know how I came to watching it but I did, that night I decided it was disgusting and I wouldn't touch meet again. I never did and I never will. :biggrin:
Reply 38
I will listen to who i want and vegans arent stupid, i know they are nutritional i even ate one for breakfast this morning and i probably will tomorrow but i dont claim to be an egg expert so for all i know they do have quite big fat content

I didn't say vegans are stupid, I said she was stupid.
Original post by Louisb19
I'm personally fine with hunting, it is part of nature. However torturing and killing 200 billion animals (more than 20 times the human population) per YEAR seems to be far far from lions eating meat.

I agree with you. We are overfishing and overproducing meat, and what some companies do to animals is atrocious, but let us not forget, not all farmers are the same. The idea to criminalise them all based on several videos of what others are doing is unfair.

Latest

Trending

Trending