The Student Room Group

Why do people date ?

Hi !

I'm a bit lost at the moment... I'm 19 and never have had a boyfriend or been in love.

Anyway, I've met someone lately and I really like him, and he seems to like me, last time we were walking home together (since he lives 10 min away from me) and as we parted he asked for my number, so we could go out together sometime.

However, that made me question a few things : as I said I do like him, but I'm definetly not in love, it's really just a crush... I'm just going to see where this takes me but it makes me wonder, most people seem to get together because they want to try to be in love with that person, it seems weird. How do you see things ?

Scroll to see replies

People date because they no longer feel comfortable on their own. Good luck with the 'love' thing.
Original post by Indeterminate
Dating is a bit like shopping for clothes. You have to try things out until you find one that's just right :smile:

Women are not objects. Get out of here you non-feminist.
you don't just meet someone and be like 'yep i will be in love with that person forever'...its a process and it grows the more affectionate you get with that person
i describe dating as a time waste :biggrin: :biggrin: #singleforlife
Original post by Tom Jickleson

:lol:

Obviously, that's true, but I'm just trying to explain why dating makes sense considering all the other things that we do.
Hormones
Original post by Indeterminate
:lol:

Obviously, that's true, but I'm just trying to explain why dating makes sense considering all the other things that we do.

Words can not be unsaid. You just make us stronger. FEMINISTS, UNITE!:mob::stink::sucks:
I'd be worried if you were in 'love' before dating someone - that's just being clingy/infatuated.

If you like someone's personality, or feel physically attracted to them, or both, and want to see if things work on a deeper level then you date them.
Words can not be unsaid. You just make us stronger. FEMINISTS, UNITE!:mob::stink::sucks:

Really hoping you're just a troll, right now..
Original post by Anonymous
Hi !

I'm a bit lost at the moment... I'm 19 and never have had a boyfriend or been in love.

Anyway, I've met someone lately and I really like him, and he seems to like me, last time we were walking home together (since he lives 10 min away from me) and as we parted he asked for my number, so we could go out together sometime.

However, that made me question a few things : as I said I do like him, but I'm definetly not in love, it's really just a crush... I'm just going to see where this takes me but it makes me wonder, most people seem to get together because they want to try to be in love with that person, it seems weird. How do you see things ?

Idek what the difference between a crush and 'in love' is, seems like a blurry line :wink: I think just get to know them and have some fun and see how it pans out :smile:

Neither are men. Get out of here you feminist.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Neither are men. Get out of here you feminist.

You'd like that, wouldn't you. For women to be locked up in a cage or something. Some of you people just disgust me.
You'd like that, wouldn't you. For women to be locked up in a cage or something. Some of you people just disgust me.

da ***? whats wrong with you :lolwut:. I treat people like human beings thank you very much.

You feminists disgust me.
Original post by ChickenMadness
da ***? whats wrong with you :lolwut:. I treat people like human beings thank you very much.

You feminists disgust me.

Wow. Just wow. Go stick your penis in an apple pie or something, rather than another unsuspecting woman. We don't need people like you.
Wow. Just wow. Go stick your penis in an apple pie or something, rather than another unsuspecting woman. We don't need people like you.

Women are not apples. They're people like you and me.... Feminsts..... Smh.
Thank you everyone (well maybe not the troll ?!) ! I just feel really inexperienced, I think I've always had a really ideal vison of love, time to grow out of it I guess x)

Original post by Justmoll28
you don't just meet someone and be like 'yep i will be in love with that person forever'...its a process and it grows the more affectionate you get with that person

Yes, I don't really believe in love at first sight, but more growing to love someone before dating ? But from what I see of most of my friends it clearly doesn't seem to work that way...
Reply 17
We date because we want regular sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 people are interested in each other(have crush on each other), then you guys will go on dates to get to know more about each other... you fall in love when you 2 are together through all the ups and downs, see flaws of each other and still understand and want to make the other one improved, happy...
Original post by PusE
We date because we want regular sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this too haha:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending