The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My favourite pro veganism quotation!

Scroll to see replies

yeah you do, you were in my city for a job you quit like a week later. We met for coffee and you spent the whole time ****ging off the place I live :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Louisb19
I have no problem with people like you. Just sometimes when I see raging meat eaters talking about how they don't care about any of the ethics of it, they look to me no different than someone being cruel to and torturing house pets.

I concur :smile: nice exchanging words with you
Original post by BekahMay
x

why won't you reply to my post? :s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
why won't you reply to my post? :s-smilie:

Sorry i havent seen any notification, i think it must have got lost ive been getting quite a few on this thread ill go look now
I think it does to be honest, don't you think it's immoral to do ^ (what I just posted) to an animal? if you don't, you're not compassionate.

Even if the animals are being killed in a 'painless' way (not true...but anyway) how do you feel putting a living being who is aware of it's surroundings in the situation where it knows it's just moments away from it's death. Then you eat it? If you do that and say your compassionate, you are wrong!

Yeah sorry didnt see this
I know it is immoral, i have actually tried being vegetarian before, it doesnt work for me right now, being vegetarian is really a lifestyle and it isnt one that i am prepared for right now
Original post by Rakas21
This attitude right here is why a lot of vegans/feminists ect.. do their movement more harm than good.

Is it just me, or does this guy have the means to escape his cave?
Now the debate becomes whether he will become a vegetarian, as he's left his cave, or he will eat all the fluffy bunnies from the SJWs' back yard :lol:
Reply 66
"wat if chicken is not kill?'
Absolute tosh - you can care about their treatment while alive, but still eat them in the end, because they're a natural part of our diet.

Holy ****. There are humane ways to kill animals. There are very humane ways to be an omnivore. It is a part of life that animals are killed for food by all species and being a human does not exempt you from this if you wish to be an omnivore.

You are on the same level as crazy people such as this: (little warning, there's swearing if you're a bit sensitive about that)

[video="youtube;DJ60PDUuwsI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ60PDUuwsI[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
What?! No way!! Do you have a link! I'm telling you they are psychopaths, or have similar traits. You can't stay sane working in a place like that.

I do bash meat eaters for their choices. I don't bash the ones that accept this happens and continue, that is up to them, I bash the ones that are ignorant.

I don't have a link, this was a long documentary I saw on television several years ago and it changed my life. I don't think I could stomach watching such a thing again. But it's well known that people who dare to expose the dary/meat industry for the horrors it is responsible for, do this at risk of their lives. Those who go there undercover to film and photograph these attrocities are true heroes.

This is a photo of Sherri Ocaso crying as she is watching and photographing the mass butchering of dolphins for food in Taiji, Japan. The photo does not have to do with the dairy industry of course but it is quite a powerful image for me.
If we all had that attitude we'd still be living in caves. Further to that the quote is stupid, it implies if we all became vegetarians/vegans then there would be no more killing of humans

Posted from TSR Mobile
belittling and comparing the killing of animals to the holocaust is antisemitic jsyk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Homo Sapiens is an omnivorous species, so wrong.

Also do you ever think about the animal that has died? Did you think about what its' life would have been like if you hadn't deprived it from living? It might have been roaming on a mountain path, eating grass in a forest, enjoying the sound of the river moving past or the rain falling on it's hide.

Unlikely, the animals we eat are reared on farms.

Animals have feelings just like you and me and animals know when they are about to be slaughtered. Just because you treat it better, it doesn't take away from the fact that it will diet the same painful, horrific death as animals that are raised in poorer conditions. Death is death for an animal. You didn't give it an option. You murdered it so you could eat it. Non-human animal murder is just as bad as human animal murder. This is especially true since we are not lions or polar bears.

Not true actually, generally the slaughter methods are fairly humane, so the animals don't really feel much. Besides, they've got to die eventually, why not make use of that?

We are intelligent animals with the know how and ability to live off a plant based diet should we choose to do so. There is no justification or need to eat meat in this day and age.

So, you think animals are deserving of equal rights but insult them. Charming. Who really loves animals here?
I imagine you support the RSPCA.

As in, the RSPCA that makes logical statements that completely disagree with extreme veganism.

Don't inflate your arguments.

Eating meat is not the same as murder.
Eating meat is not bad for the planet, and is not unhealthy.
It isn't unnatural, and it isn't cruel.

You know who else killed people who didn't live the same way he did? Hitler.

There are ways of raising cattle that are carbon neutral, and there are ways of humane killing that even the RSPCA agrees with.

And at the end of the day, there is also a race for survival that humans must also participate in. What happens when these species become overpopulated and start causing issues? You would have us leave them and start to result in the deaths of many people - or let them starve to death or kill them ourselves, in which case your extreme veganism is pointless?

By the way, I'm not saying you quote slice your definitions which is a form of fallacy, but the actual definition is

destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not clutching at anything. While the word may be defined as that in a dictionary, realistically it's intrinsically tied to the torture and murder of Jewish and Rromani people, don't try and pretend otherwise. You should maybe think before you say some things as you've managed to be very offensive in this thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
You didn't read what I said, did you?

Care to go back and actually read it and respond to me properly?
The holocaust was the mass murder of Jews, gypsies and disabled people. By comparing it to the normal procedure of all life you're belitting it, which would be anti-semetic.
:lol: PETA are terrible! they euthanise most of the animals they 'save' as well as most of their marketing gimmicks being based on misogyny

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry I can't help but laugh at 'speciesist' :lol: you have no respect for atrocities faced by minorities and it's completely insulting to compare their lives and experiences to those of animals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you agree with the mass euthanisation of animals by PETA? E.G. them literally kidnapping pets from front porches and euthanising them.

Of course, you're all about pro-life of animals, right? Hypocrite.

Although I'm fairly sure this guy is a troll at this point. You can't be this far gone, surely...

Latest

Trending

Trending