The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My favourite pro veganism quotation!

Scroll to see replies

You're forgetting that those cows (for example) are bred for a reason. Do you really think they are bred just so that they make the fields look all scenic?? :rofl:
Further reading for you and the other hypocrite extreme vegans bud:

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/
[video="youtube;duukkZfDM7s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duukkZfDM7s[/video]

Don't worry bud, seeing as you support PETA and the right for an animal to choose if it should die or not, you'll love this video (it's 40 seconds too, so you don't have any reason to not watch it! it has puppies!):

97.3% of animals under PETA's care have been killed in one year.
In your opinion, but let's be quite clear: we are omnivores, animals are a part of our diet. Hard to moralise about that.

But, let's leave eating out of it - how many animals are unhomed and ultimately killed due to mans need for lumber and building materials? Just by living you're killing millions of animals every single day, the only way to avoid it is to live as ancient men did, off the grid, as scavenger-hunters who... ate meat. Oh ****
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
In your opinion, but let's be quite clear: we are omnivores, animals are a part of our diet. Hard to moralise about that.

But, let's leave eating out of it - how many animals are unhomed and ultimately killed due to mans need for lumber and building materials? Just by living you're killing millions of animals every single day, the only way to avoid it is to live as ancient men did, off the grid, as scavenger-hunters who... ate meat. Oh ****

if all animals are equal I hope OP allows insects and small mammals to have free run of his home, killing them would be immoral

Posted from TSR Mobile
Claim? They've even stated themselves they support euthanasia, lmao, with some backing up which is about 50% okay (e.g. if the animal is in great suffering), 50% completely ridiculous and taken apart at https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Bit more further reading for you my hypocrite buddy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-anthony-cooper/peta-steals-and-kills-lit_b_6156196.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j-winograd/peta-kills-puppies-kittens_b_2979220.html

"In 2005, PETA employees killed numerous healthy dogs and cats in the back of their van, and deposited the bodies in a dumpster behind a mall. They were charged with"21 felony counts each of animal cruelty," but were convicted only of "littering."The littering conviction was later overturned. PETA has very good lawyers. "
Of course it's right. Supply and demand.

The animals get killed quickly don't they?
No, all of us are omnivores, because we can digest and obtain nutrients from meat.

Because it's going to die anyway. There is no way to avoid having animals die for your life, so you might as well make use of all of it.
I'd like to focus on this. With humane killing, where the animals are stunned and rendered unconscious and have no, and with small exceptions, minimal suffering, is this equivalent to torture?

I know that the torture of animals in some slaughterhouses is despicable and I do not support it. However, you are putting a pretty big label over an entire industry.
Original post by Odd socks
if all animals are equal I hope OP allows insects and small mammals to have free run of his home, killing them would be immoral

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. I hope he doesn't own a cat, enslaving an animal like that... and of course if he does...

[video="youtube;xkR2XEYEFgk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR2XEYEFgk[/video]
So it's alright for animals to suffer unnecessarily so long as we don't eat them? Got it. Brb, gonna go club a pig to death, not going to turn it into a sandwich so it's fine.
Much more than that bud, they euthanise where medical reports, vets and even PETA staff themselves have stated that the animals were perfectly healthy. They have sheltered where over 90% of those who come in are killed within 24 hours.

Sounds about right for everything you say here buddy.
Original post by Odd socks
sorry I can't help but laugh at 'speciesist' :lol: you have no respect for atrocities faced by minorities and it's completely insulting to compare their lives and experiences to those of animals

Posted from TSR Mobile

People used to think that black people were worth less than white people and thus harming and killing black people was not un-ethical, we now know this to be racism. If we replace a few words in your argument it would be the same as what a slave owner would have said hundreds of years ago.

sorry I can't help but laugh at 'RACIST' :lol: you have no respect for atrocities faced by WHITE PEOPLE and it's completely insulting to compare their lives and experiences to those of BLACK PEOPLE.

You think that animals are inferior to humans and that it is not right to compare the killing of 200 billion animals per year to the death of 6 million humans (22300 times more beings are killed in 1 year than the total amount of people who died in the holocaust), however if you take a step back and realise that the only reason you think the lives and of anything that isn't human doesn't matter is because you don't fall under that category.
No, all of us are omnivores, because we can digest and obtain nutrients from meat.

Because it's going to die anyway. There is no way to avoid having animals die for your life, so you might as well make use of all of it.

Thats like saying because black people are going to die anyway, we might as well profit from it by forcing them to pick corn for all of their life. What is the difference?
Bud, unfortunately eugenics already exist. You know. Natural selection? Selective breeding?

Funny how also without the breeding for food a lot of these animals would not even have a chance to live.

Unfortunately mate, animals do not have the heightened brain functions humans do, they are more instinctual. That's not to say I don't love my dog, I love my little buddy. But I recognise he isn't going to get up and start spouting English at me.

Also, animals don't know they're going to die. They don't tie items or machinery to things like we do.
Original post by Louisb19
Thats like saying because black people are going to die anyway, we might as well profit from it by forcing them to pick corn for all of their life. What is the difference?

No, it really isn't. The animal dies, and we eat it. That's not the same as forcing it to do something while alive.
Animals don't experience things like that, bud. They're instinctual. They don't have a feeling of "fun" like you do, and actually, a lot of animals are given quite a nice life with a lot of area to go over.
No, it really isn't. The animal dies, and we eat it. That's not the same as forcing it to do something while alive.

There is a huge difference between eating an animal once it is dead, and killing an animal so you can eat it. In today's society, if you eat meat from supermarkets then you are supporting the second point.

I would accept inheritance from a relative if they pass. I would not murder a relative in order to get inheritance.
Original post by CloakedSpartan
Animals don't experience things like that, bud. They're instinctual. They don't have a feeling of "fun" like you do, and actually, a lot of animals are given quite a nice life with a lot of area to go over.

Do you believe this arguments holds for dogs and cats? I don't understand how people think like this while also being against puppy mills. If anything puppy mills are better than the meat industry because they don't kill the dogs.
Bacon tho

Latest

Trending

Trending