The Student Room Group

It takes him hours to reply- does he not like me??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OU Student
I'm logged on to FB on my phone. So, according to FB, I'm online when I could actually be doing other stuff. This actually caused an argument with someone who somehow didn't like the idea that I had a life that didn't revolve around talking to him. :rolleyes:

No, I mean that I can see that he's liking photos and commenting etc from that bar thing down the side that shows you what all your friends are doing, if you get what I mean?
Original post by Anonymous
No, I mean that I can see that he's liking photos and commenting etc from that bar thing down the side that shows you what all your friends are doing, if you get what I mean?

Yes. Don't get your issue at all though. He doesn't have to reply instantly.
Original post by OU Student
Yes. Don't get your issue at all though. He doesn't have to reply instantly.

Yeah, I don't know why I expect him to reply straight away. I guess I just thought that if a guy's really into somebody then surely they'd be super keen to talk to them?
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, there's a guy that I'm really into. Only problem is that it takes him a good hour to reply to my messages. He's online, I see him go on and off line whilst I wait for him to reply, but I don't get a reply until almost exactly an hour after I send him a message.
Is it safe to assume that he has no interest in me, especially as I start all of our conversations?

I think he has no interest tbh, you're worth more :smile:
This is really normal. It doesn't mean anything at all. Don't worry about it.
Reply 25
Maybe he's a slow reader
You are reading too much into this my dear. As a girl I do this. I have weeks and months in between some of mine. (Not years, haven't been on here long enough for that). But that's because I forget :innocent:
Sometimes it takes me days to reply to Facebook messages, I just have phases where I can't be bothered with social contact.

If anything is that important they'll ring me, and if they don't have my cellphone number then it's not that important.
This is quite normal to be honest. I've replied to messages and seen the person is online and two hours later I recieve a response smh. I wouldnt worry about it, if he stops responding period then it's time to be worried.
Original post by So Instinct
Ladies, get yourselves an average-ugly guy. Your friends won't be that impressed, but we text back quicker than Usain Bolt and even Chris Brown admits we're loyal as fuark.

stfu you goon, you're not average-ugly

*shakes head in despair*
Original post by picklescamp
stfu you goon, you're not average-ugly

*shakes head in despair*

Ye' of too much faith.

Anyway how would you know *wink wink*
You said your conversations are boring so I'm guessing he really just doesn't want to talk but feels inclined to for some reason. Perhaps try and spice up the conversation a bit; get him talking.
Reply 32
He's not interested. Trust me on this one. We dont leave the people we like hanging. Move on, its probably for the best.
Nah fam, the reason why you like him is probably the same reason why he might not be responding to you ......he has a life, he doesn't make it revolve around you, but rather around having fun with friends, playing football/rugby and school.

If he was a sad kent who only talked to you and sent you huuuge paragraphs about how much he loves you, would you still like him then ?Every situation has its pros and cons. Let the guy be free and fly like a dove and eventually he should start turning up more, if not then there are too many other guys in the world.
Reply 34
yeah, no one likes you
Original post by So Instinct
Ye' of too much faith.

Anyway how would you know *wink wink*

cos those tights are damn fine
and that sword... :perv:
I don't reply straight away even to my closest friends or guys that I like. If I did, and they replied straight away, we'd just constantly be talking throughout the day and I don't have the time for that. I used to hate it if someone didn't reply to me straight away but after I graduated uni and got a job and was much more busy, I appreciate the fact that I don't have to reply to someone straight away. I used to love texting but now I'd rather wait a day or two to see the person I'm seeing than text them meaningless conversation that we both know is boring anyway.
He knows you can see him online he's not stupid , he's either not into you or he's doing it in order to keep you on a leach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending