The Student Room Group

How to lose weights

I'm a girl, a little bit chubby, BMI is 24 and I want to lose 5 weights...
any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliceVN
any suggestions?

Walk to school/uni, cut out chocolate, don't eat after 9pm...
Exercise and eat less calories. I've learnt that if you don't have the motivation, you probably won't lose as much :/
Original post by AliceVN
any suggestions?

Well walk twice a day. Only drink water. Have three meals a day and don't snack.
Reply 3
My BMI was 19 2 years ago, cant belivee now it is 24

I only eat 3 meals a day BUT I usually drink sweet mlik tea and eat chips ... :frown:
Buy some 1kg weights and throw them away.

Losing weights, geddit?

But seriously, one thing you could do is start up a sport, like maybe going swimming every week or playing sports in a club at school. If you don't want to do that, even briskly walking to and from school gets rid of calories. It's not just about exercise though - if you want to get a bigger change, cutting back on things like fast food and fatty foods in general helps. To keep you motivated in that, you could maybe have something like that every time you eat junk food, you have to do 50 star jumps or something. It'll either keep you away from the junk food in the first place, and if not, you'll have partly made up for it with the extra exercise.
Reply 5
actually I joined yoga club in my school 3 times per week, for 6 months already,
people said that my body looks a little bit slimmer but the weight is the same :frown:

I dnt know why....
BUT i still feel I am very fat as BMI is 24 :frown:

Should I use weight control medicine or something like that ?
Original post by peanutbutterjam
Walk to school/uni, cut out chocolate, don't eat after 9pm...

everything you said was fine until i read.....
Exercise. Eat a healthy diet. Exercise.
Original post by Harriett071
Eat 1200 calories a day and do cardio

Ey? how can you say eat 1.2k calories if you don't even know how much she weighs and her height....
Reply 9
my height is only 160 cm
BMI 24 :frown:
1200 is the absolute minimum the average person can eat without becoming unhealthy. I don't know her weight or height, that's why I said the average amount. I'm 5ft so I can eat less than that and be fine, but as I said that might not apply to her

Hmm I'm not sure where you got that particular statistic from but it's silly because the term "average" is being used vaguely here. Lots of individuals have different builds i.e. weight and height hence calorie consumption between individuals will vary a lot. (it is also worth noting that online calculators are not exact meaning your actual calorie consumption could be much less or more than what the calculator tells you but it is usually close to that figure).

Someone whose 'skinny' but has some muscle mass will consume more calories to remain at their weight than an 'average joe' who sits on his ass and does nothing :tongue:
Reply 11
I used to try Low Carb and lost 5 weight after 2 weeks

but after that .... I ate a lot and gained 5 weights again

Eat 1200 calories a day and do cardio

1.2k calories is way too small.
Original post by AliceVN
I used to try Low Carb and lost 5 weight after 2 weeks

but after that .... I ate a lot and gained 5 weights again

You want to take little steps. The easiest way to start is cutting out all the junk food and liquid calories.

1. Drink more water or stuff with no calories (like diet coke but preferably stick to water).... avoid fruit juices.

2. No sweets (chocolate, cakes, biscuits all this junk)

3. Walk or do some sort of excersise. Eat plenty of veggies and meat and good quality whole foods.

4. Eat more often

Do those 4 things and you will lose weight....its all about building good habits and getting rid of bad habits (like eating unnecessary junk). If you end up craving junk too much then pick 1 day in the week where you will treat yourself to your favourite chocolate or something but only for 1 day. Of course there's other tedious ways of losing weight but i'm just giving you something very simply to follow.
Reply 14
I will try again...
Original post by AliceVN
I will try again...

You will lose the weight don't worry just do those simple things I mentioned :smile:

Forget all that calorie counting b.s. seriously. Nutrition is simple and does NOT need to be complex with all this calorie counting...not only will it drive you insane it will also make you spin your wheels and often leads to discouragement thus you end up not really achieving your goal and youre back to square 1.
No it's not, check any nutrition magazine and any scientific ones for that matter, they all say the same. I eat 1200 and go the gym and I have a toned body and I have great health.

Why do you think their putting it in a magazine (just like those crappy liquid diets)? :facepalm:

Anyway I can't be asked to argue because you won't listen but I genuinely hope you can actually learn about nutrition in future.
1200 is the absolute minimum the average person can eat without becoming unhealthy.

Please stop.
I'm just giving extremely bad advice.

there i fixed it for you hun xo :smile:
Oh course, my advice must be awful! I mean I'm at a healthy weight, have a toned body and have awards for athletics, but sure it must be bad advice 😂

So? That doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.... (you clearly don't).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending