The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ombtom
I got an offer from Surrey yesterday (Physics). :smile:

when did you send your application off?
do universities send offers on sundays?
Heard back from Warwick and UEA, LSE asked for a questionnaire to be filled out. Haven't even had the acknowledgement email from Nottingham 😦... I'm applying for maths and economics, has anyone else recieved acknowledgement for this course? Sent off on Monday 11th...
Original post by kattoo
How commons are rejections even if you meet the entry requirements? Did anyone get a rejection yet?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Obviously the top universities send more rejections than offers, say Oxbridge and the Russell Group, but how about if you've met their requirement?

Context. I've got a 32 in IB and I'm applying for sociology to unis that want 32 as well. Just thinking about whether I should apply to Essex that wants 30, as a backup.
Original post by afern
Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all

Yes! I've got an offer from York to study History. Took about a week and a half and it's the only one I've received so far.
Reply 285
Original post by afern
Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all

History and French for Cardiff and Reading. I want to hear from Exeter :frown:
Original post by crbuckingham
Heard back from Warwick and UEA, LSE asked for a questionnaire to be filled out. Haven't even had the acknowledgement email from Nottingham 😦... I'm applying for maths and economics, has anyone else recieved acknowledgement for this course? Sent off on Monday 11th...

I'm applying for medicine at Nottingham and I received a confirmation email the next day, odd you haven't received one yet albeit we're not applying for the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shouldn't be waiting too long for Nottingham. This is from their email:

Spoiler

Original post by Sacred Ground
I'm applying for medicine at Nottingham and I received a confirmation email the next day, odd you haven't received one yet albeit we're not applying for the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, all my friends applying have had the confirmation email. If I haven't heard anything by November I think I'll contact them 😟
Original post by kattoo
How commons are rejections even if you meet the entry requirements? Anyone got a rejection yet?:redface:

Original post by jamlycheeemir
I'd like to know the answer to this too. Obviously the top universities send more rejections than offers, say Oxbridge and the Russell Group, but how about if you've met their requirement?

Context. I've got a 32 in IB and I'm applying for sociology to unis that want 32 as well. Just thinking about whether I should apply to Essex that wants 30, as a backup.

All universities have every right to reject someone that meets their requirements, in fact, they do this a lot.
Though I would assume you'd be fine.

My acknowledgement email from Nottingham went in junk, so make sure you double check. It took around 3 days to arrive and was my last acknowledgement too.
has anyone had any offers for maths yet? i'm getting paranoid :s-smilie:
Reply 292
Qmul are quick, got an offer in 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hwilliams.789
has anyone had any offers for maths yet? i'm getting paranoid :s-smilie:

Warwick.
Original post by GOKU27
Qmul are quick, got an offer in 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

For which course at QMUL? 😀
What course for QMUL?
Reply 296
Original post by Wantsnoffer
What course for QMUL?

LLB Law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, all my friends applying have had the confirmation email. If I haven't heard anything by November I think I'll contact them 😟

I've applied to Nottingham for Law and I've had no confirmation email yet... what course have you applied for?
Original post by SSD07
Congrats! At what uni?

Warwick for maths and economics (3A*s) ...
Original post by JC_Costales
Hey guys,

Anyone here applied for medical sciences at Exeter? If you have, have you received any offers from them, as I sent my application off 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them (apart from the confirmation email) :frown:

Apparently Exeter will start looking at applications around January / February time ... so expect a long wait in case that rumour is true!

Latest

Trending

Trending