Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omni Vanitas
What are you applying for btw?

Medicine :u: what about you?
Original post by OxSarah

Awesome! Music
Original post by OxSarah
Haha man I don't think so!I'd love to but we are in the real world :biggrin: Anyway,consider that in these 8 months I had also to cope with school,extracurriculars,IELTS,UKCAT and everything possible in life so try to imagine what I look like at the moment :coma:

That's true! :redface: I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end; I bet you can't wait until the summer holidays for a dose of rest and relaxation hahaha.
Awesome! Music

Cool!It seems interesting :biggrin: which college?
Original post by OxSarah
Cool!It seems interesting :biggrin: which college?

Worcester:king1:
Yourself?
Original post by Princepieman
That's true! :redface: I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end; I bet you can't wait until the summer holidays for a dose of rest and relaxation hahaha.

Absolutely!I've already started planning my 'what to do' list (hoping for the best!) :tongue:
Anyway,since I'm an italian applicant I think that in the case I do not get offers from UK universities I have to spend the whole summer not only preparing for the final examination but also studying for another admission test used in Italy to access medical schools :s-smilie:
Yes,that would be awful especially for my mental health!
Worcester:king1:
Yourself?

Christ Church :bhangra:
Anyone else applied to computer science at St Anne's ??? And how are computer scientists finding the computer science MAT questions ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamara98
Maaaaan I thought I was the only one ! :biggrin:
I applied to read English and French. I have two tests (ELAT and MLAT) on the 4th and I have to write two essays while handling a gigantic amount of school work (not even lying, usually I don't complain but this year's is phenomenal). Oh well. I'm still happy I applied otherwise I would be stuffing my face with chocolate cake regretting it :':wink:
What about you ?

Hahaha, good luck !!

I've literally told all my teachers in the past 2 weeks before half term that any homework was catagorically not going to be done until after Nov 4th.... so once all this test malarky is over I've got about 15 pieces of homework due in:frown:
Original post by mathscot
Anyone else applied to computer science at St Anne's ??? And how are computer scientists finding the computer science MAT questions ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Noooooo, competition!!! I joke, yeah I've applied to St Anne's for CS. Glad to see another applicant, I thought I was the only one haha.

They're not too bad tbh, my scores have fluctuated between 68%-85% so far, I'm not sure how that stacks up with others. Definitely enjoy questions 1, 2, 5 and 7 - hate question 6s with a burning passion. You?
(edited 8 years ago)
Any Somerville applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, any LMH applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OxSarah

Im applying for medicine as well! what college did you apply to?
what kind of scores in the PAT should engineering applicants be looking for? (we're not shortlisted by the PAT score, i believe, but it's still an important part of the overall application profile).

i did the 2006 and 2007 paper today and got 56 and 54% respectively!!! (the cut off points were 45ish for both papers but still, it's really not the kind of mark i want to be getting). should i be worried? (this is prior to any revision of the content but it doesn't bode well)
I would suggest you do not worry too much about which college you apply to, but submit a so-called "open application". As the open application means you are allocated to one of the under-subscribed colleges for your subject, you by definition may have a slightly higher chance of admission to Oxford or Cambridge.

Although the universities claim that you have equal chances, no matter which college you apply to, de facto the chances of admission are slightly better when you let the university allocate you to a college with less competition.

What do you guys think about this? Found it here: https://www.quora.com/At-which-Oxford-college-should-I-choose-to-study-math/answer/Katharina-Kunze
Exeter applicants? Anyone?

I don't think so. With open applications they will fill up the difference between the under and oversubscribed colleges, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3677
Hi I have applied to Jesus college to read French and History, how are you preparing for the HAT / MLAT? :smile:

Not really, by having two (or more) interviews at different colleges everyone has the same statistical chance of getting an offer.
Original post by AceAttorney123
Hey guys, any LMH applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending