The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800

Spoiler

I definitely enjoyed that one more than last weeks! Possibly my favourite of the series, but the first of the flooded barracks one was also pretty good... Tough call!

And with regards to the nightmare/nightmare child speculation above, I'm pretty sure that it was 'knightmare' on the wanted posters?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drbluebox
Did no one else pick up on her highwayman name "Nightmare" shes called Nightmare and has the body of a child aka Nightmare Child, and shes also a hybrid as some people have said before.

it is an interesting theory
Original post by Aula

Spoiler

I definitely enjoyed that one more than last weeks! Possibly my favourite of the series, but the first of the flooded barracks one was also pretty good... Tough call!

And with regards to the nightmare/nightmare child speculation above, I'm pretty sure that it was 'knightmare' on the wanted posters?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
So basically you think Clara will leave at some point. Pretty much a given, no?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21

Spoiler

You forgot the slash at the end of the spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good episode, so glad there was no Clara and her predictable "I'm a sassy hot girl lol" routine, smh.
Don't you think doctor who and Ashildr or "Me" are good for each other. She's immortal and that means they always be together. She can be his new companion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4807
Original post by Waliid
Don't you think doctor who and Ashildr or "Me" are good for each other. She's immortal and that means they always be together. She can be his new companion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's got the feel of being the main antagonist this season. But I think we will be seeing a lot more of her.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Waliid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure, I see where you're coming from. But in my opinion, their common trait of having a stupidly long lifespan would cause problems - they would lose sight of how special life is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'm not sure, I see where you're coming from. But in my opinion, their common trait of having a stupidly long lifespan would cause problems - they would lose sight of how special life is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true and I think that's why he always goes for different companions and mortal ones. I don't why I said that but it just seemed nice idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waliid
That's true and I think that's why he always goes for different companions and mortal ones. I don't why I said that but it just seemed nice idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they would be good together for a while yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

"set in England, 1651" Look at the crowd in the epsiode (not just this photo), I doubt during this time there would have been so many asians in a small village like this in England. Why do they have to make history innaccurate for the sake of PC bull? I dont think any one would be offended if they made it accurate.
Was a good episode though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by holmes221

"set in England, 1651" Look at the crowd in the epsiode (not just this photo), I doubt during this time there would have been so many asians in a small village like this in England. Why do they have to make history innaccurate for the sake of PC bull? I dont think any one would be offended if they made it accurate.

You're right. Doctor who has become really unrealistic in the last couple of seasons

(Sarcasm)
Moffat is too busy with Sherlock to care about doctor who any more. Forget about the miniature plot holes now and focus on the fact that doctor who is becoming unwatchable. This new knightmare character would have made a good villian but a rubbish companion.
(edited 8 years ago)

Have you considered that maybe they're just bringing in extras rather than trying to create a diverse crowd... It's a set of background characters which practically no-one is going to break down by ethnicity, they're not going to waste their time going through for historical accuracy, they're there as scene filler and nothing more. Seems like you're just looking for something to be offended by tbh.

Original post by Questioner1234
You're right. Doctor who has become really unrealistic in the last couple of seasons

(Sarcasm)
Moffat is too busy with Sherlock to care about doctor who any more. Forget about the miniature plot holes now and focus on the fact that doctor who is becoming unwatchable. This new knightmare character would have made a good villian but a rubbish companion.

Lol, I guess you never watched Merlin. :rofl: The BBC doesn't care about historical inaccuracies regarding race.
Original post by Questioner1234
It seems to be a normal occurrence since Moffat got busy with Sherlock. He should focus on one programme and ditch the other. Doctor who is on the decline anyway and needs to be passed on to a new writer so Moffat can carry on with Sherlock. Even this Victorian Sherlock special is set to disappoint as millions of fans solely care about moriartys fake death since the last cliff hanger. The last season of DW was almost unwatchable in my opinion but this one was alright so far and I'm preparing for the mega episodes that will see Clara inevitably leave after a long tenure in the tardis. This is pure speculation and in no way a spoiler, Clara could leave this or next season or even later to my knowledge.

Last season was completely un-watchable and cheesy! I think the episodes after clara's departure should be good since we will finally get to see Capaldi shine which is something yesterdays episode did show...
Original post by Teddysmith123
Last season was completely un-watchable and cheesy! I think the episodes after clara's departure should be good since we will finally get to see Capaldi shine which is something yesterdays episode did show...

I missed Clara yesterday and we only got to see little bit of her in the end. I think she's really great companion and she always comes up with good idea and isn't that what the doctor needs. I think Clara and Capaldi are great for each other. Even with Clara in it he's still cool and "Shine".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you considered that maybe they're just bringing in extras rather than trying to create a diverse crowd... It's a set of background characters which practically no-one is going to break down by ethnicity, they're not going to waste their time going through for historical accuracy, they're there as scene filler and nothing more. Seems like you're just looking for something to be offended by tbh.

You know how specific movies get with their extra requirements, looks, race, gender because thats what the script and period demand. There are thousands of extras available
You know how specific movies get with their extra requirements, looks, race, gender because thats what the script and period demand. There are thousands of extras available

And this isn't a big budget movie; it's a tv show that doesn't remotely care for historical accuracy. Seems very strange you're happy to let the "vikings have electric eels despite never going to south america" bit slide, but the ethnic makeup of what was supposed to be a borough of London being slightly off is "PC gone mad". It's slightly less than nothing, there's no agenda there and I dare say to be seeing one you've got to be looking for justification to be offended - which seems to be what the "PC gone mad" crowd hate the most...
And this isn't a big budget movie; it's a tv show that doesn't remotely care for historical accuracy. Seems very strange you're happy to let the "vikings have electric eels despite never going to south america" bit slide, but the ethnic makeup of what was supposed to be a borough of London being slightly off is "PC gone mad". It's slightly less than nothing, there's no agenda there and I dare say to be seeing one you've got to be looking for justification to be offended - which seems to be what the "PC gone mad" crowd hate the most...

I actually want to see more ethnic minorities in sci fi so was happy to see a black lead in sw, but if youre going back in history and trying to force this then it looks silly

Quick Reply

Latest