The Student Room Group

International Student Planning to Apply for Reach Oxford Scholarship

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this exceptionally helpful forum so I hope it gets good attention

I'm an international student from Egypt who've applied for an Engineering course (H100) at the University of Oxford through UCAS and waiting for being offered a place at Oxford (which I found out is not easy :-)) so that I can apply for that competitive Reach Oxford Scholarship as I've seen the course and living fees and I'm very far from affording them
Short story long, I want some advice from you Oxford students especially those who've been offered this scholarship regarding how I can stand up well in the midst of over 30 competitors where only 2-3 are chosen :/

As for the UCAS application, they (Oxford) have already sent me an e-mail confirming that my application has reached their admissions office or whatever they call it. Anyway, the e-mail says that I'll get more detailed information by the end of October, so could you tell me from your experience what kind of information is this? Will they, for example, make me a conditional offer (based on upcoming PAT results)?

Finally, I have already registered for the upcoming PAT on 4th November here in the British Council in Cairo and I received a confirmation e-mail too, however I want to know how my exam results are linked to my UCAS application, for instance, should I contact Oxford giving them an exam registration ID or something? or are there fields for my UCAS personal ID on the exam paper?

P.S: I deleted the same post in the University of Oxford section as it's not very active there :/
Reply 1
The PAT is used to determine if you get called for Interview. You won't get an Offer without an Interview first. Engineering Interviews are held in mid December, Offers/Rejections are announced in January.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
The PAT is used to determine if you get called for Interview. You won't get an Offer without an Interview first. Engineering Interviews are held in mid December, Offers/Rejections are announced in January.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/interview-timetable

Alright, so I'll have to wait till I take my PAT exam, and hopefully if I score well I will get an interview which will determine whether I get an offer or not, right?

So what kind of detailed information will they send me by the end of October as the confirmation e-mail says?

Edit: Never mind, they've just sent an e-mail (University College specifically) with a link saying "Important Information for Applicants" and some information about upcoming deadlines
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, this is the first I'm hearing about a Reach Oxford scholarship. Where can I find more info about it? (I'm an international applicant for Engineering H100 too, at St Hilda's.)
Reply 4
Original post by theonetruequeen
Hi, this is the first I'm hearing about a Reach Oxford scholarship. Where can I find more info about it? (I'm an international applicant for Engineering H100 too, at St Hilda's.)

Here: Reach Oxford Scholarship | University of Oxford
But make sure your country is included in the list on the scholarship page. This scholarship is mainly for students from developing countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending