The Student Room Group

Why do I still feel this?

I did a thread on relationships and why I really want to be in one quite a while ago. I haven't been thinking about relationships until today. For some reason I just have an urge to be in one. I just want someone to be there for me and to help me through anything and everything.

I think this guy in my class likes me but I'm not too sure. My friends think he likes me but I don't know whether to believe them. I'd be over the moon if he did because I do too and I'd love to go out with him. He's flirted with me before but he's never had the courage to ask any of the girls he likes out.

I really do want to go out with him but I don't want to make the first move nor do I want to make it super obvious that I like him too. I've been trying to play hard to get and it has been working a little but just not enough!

If I ask him out myself and he says no, I'd die and it would just be so awkward around him because I am around him a lot throughout the week. I want to maintain the friendship we have. Any advice?
There isn't much anyone here can tell you... You can either ask him or wait for him to ask you.
Original post by Anonymous
I did a thread on relationships and why I really want to be in one quite a while ago. I haven't been thinking about relationships until today. For some reason I just have an urge to be in one. I just want someone to be there for me and to help me through anything and everything.

I think this guy in my class likes me but I'm not too sure. My friends think he likes me but I don't know whether to believe them. I'd be over the moon if he did because I do too and I'd love to go out with him. He's flirted with me before but he's never had the courage to ask any of the girls he likes out.

I really do want to go out with him but I don't want to make the first move nor do I want to make it super obvious that I like him too. I've been trying to play hard to get and it has been working a little but just not enough!

If I ask him out myself and he says no, I'd die and it would just be so awkward around him because I am around him a lot throughout the week. I want to maintain the friendship we have. Any advice?

Genuinely, what is there to lose by asking him out. Any pain will be temporary, but gain.....
Reply 3
Genuinely, what is there to lose by asking him out. Any pain will be temporary, but gain.....

Well my whole school would somehow find out because he's the sort of person who would tell everyone everything. I can never find a time when it's just me and him and he's not with his friends. I know I could just ask him if I could talk to him but all his friends are there and even if I was just talking to him about homework they'd still tease me. In my school there really aren't very many relationships and so if I did go out with him it wouldn't just be my year finding out about it. I guess that is what makes me really scared of asking him out. I just want a sort of secret relationship.
Well my whole school would somehow find out because he's the sort of person who would tell everyone everything. I can never find a time when it's just me and him and he's not with his friends. I know I could just ask him if I could talk to him but all his friends are there and even if I was just talking to him about homework they'd still tease me. In my school there really aren't very many relationships and so if I did go out with him it wouldn't just be my year finding out about it. I guess that is what makes me really scared of asking him out. I just want a sort of secret relationship.

Well if he tells everyone everything and you want a secret relationship you clearly aren't compatible, so just move on. Although who actually wants a secret relationship? You should be proud of your partner; if you want to hide them you shouldn't be with them. Again makes me think you aren't right for each other
Reply 5
Original post by georgiaswift
Well if he tells everyone everything and you want a secret relationship you clearly aren't compatible, so just move on. Although who actually wants a secret relationship? You should be proud of your partner; if you want to hide them you shouldn't be with them. Again makes me think you aren't right for each other

The only reason why is because my friend likes him too. I don't want it to be completely secret but I just don't want the whole school finding out. Thats because my cousin goes to my school and she will tell my parents and that wouldn't really end well.
The only reason why is because my friend likes him too. I don't want it to be completely secret but I just don't want the whole school finding out. Thats because my cousin goes to my school and she will tell my parents and that wouldn't really end well.

So you wouldn't tell your own friend that you were in a relationship? And what does it matter if your parents know? In adult relationships your parents know, it's a bit childish to hide it from your family
Original post by KristersS
There isn't much anyone here can tell you... You can either ask him or wait for him to ask you.

Mexican stand-off :bandit:
why don't you ask to hang out or something, alone, first if you don't want to ask him out immediately and it might kind of evolve into the kind of relationship you want?
Reply 9
why don't you ask to hang out or something, alone, first if you don't want to ask him out immediately and it might kind of evolve into the kind of relationship you want?

Thanks I will try this out and hope for the best!!
Thanks I will try this out and hope for the best!!

Ask him if he wants to go and watch Spectre. :innocent: :loveduck:
Original post by SeanFM
Ask him if he wants to go and watch Spectre. :innocent: :loveduck:

Aww I would do that but a little later on hahahaha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending